2007 Mazda Cx 9

LOVE this car

by from Aliso Viejo, CA on September 21, 2017

Perfect family car. Nice, safe, reliable, fun to drive. Drives quietly and feels safe. I barely had to do much in all the years I owned the vehicle it was really low maintenance.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Most reliable car I have ever owned

by from colorado springs, colorado on September 16, 2017

This is a great car for hauling around the family. I load 7 people in this car and take trips with ease.

I was in my late 70's and felt 45l\

by from Gladwin,Michigan on June 23, 2017

I bought it usedl It was in good shape and looked classy I hit a patch of ice and totaled itl the airbags worked as they should and I was hospitalized/The Dr. could not believe I did not had a scratch! I have been looking for another just like itl

Family hauler and sporty date vehicle in one!

by from Arlington Heights, Illinois on May 18, 2017

It is tough for one vehicle to be everything to everybody, but the Mazda CX-9 is an impressively well-rounded package offering practicality, good standard safety equipment, mini-van beating style, sporty road manners and room for seven adults. No regrets. Zoom-Zoom.

Really realiable

by from Wooster,Ohio on April 5, 2014

This car was made for me ! it has everything I've been looking for in a car. From the AWD to the Bose sound system and my favorite part the heated front seats. its a family car with tons of room with 3rd row seating and a sun roof for those suntastic summer days ! you cant go wrong with one i know i didn't !

Know what to expect

by from North Carolina on November 29, 2011

Many things to like: drives/handles very well, nice looking, quiet, seems safe. Wish front seats were longer, and the console between the seats was non-existent, or at least smaller. (Makes me miss the minivan.) Repaired wind noise at driver's window with about $120 at dealership. In the process of replacing all six ignition coils and computer; at about 75K miles. Not too happy with reliability at the moment.

Tough to beat

by from Baltimore, MD on November 29, 2010

My mother recently bought this vehicle. We traded in a 07 highlander that we loved but just needed more space. The Cx-9 is very spacious for a midsize suv. Normal size adults can fit in the third row with little discomfort( Don't try that with a pilot or Highlander). The Cx-9 is attractive as well. It has plenty of curves compared to the boxy looks of most suvs. The downside to that is headroom. If your over 6 foot 2 it might not be the most comfortable vehicle. On smooth surfaces the Cx-9 rides well. However, on bumpy surface the ride becomes a little harsh but this suv wants to be a sports car. In that measure it achieves. The steering is accurate and it takes corners like a car rather than a suv. We bought ours used and we got for a great deal. I A comparable highlander or Pilot would have costed at least 3 grand more. The interior is comfortable and there is little interior noise. Gas mileage isn't the greatest but that should be expected. Half a tank is about $25. All in all if your looking for a suv with great exterior styling, ergonimically friendly, spacious, and sporty the cx-9 cannot be beat.

Love, Love, Love my CX-9

by from Virginia Beach, VA on October 26, 2010

I did a lot of homework before choosing my new car. I wanted something bigger than a 5 seater but could not see myself in a minivan. I also have a double stroller that had to fit in the back of my new car without me having to drop the seats. I tried just about every SUV on the market (and in my price range) and when I drove the CX-9 I fell in love. The ride is so smooth, the pick up is good for a big vehicle and the seats are real comfy. The second row reclines some so on long rides my kids are able to lay back a little and sleep. The drivers seat is all auto and the vehicle is real easy to manuver. With the doors open the CX-9 is real big and tight in some parking spots, so I park futher out when at the mall or store. I got the AWD model and haven't have to use it yet, but it's all automatic. Mazda is a little pricey to have serviced but they are really good cars. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for an SUV alternative to a minivan. You won't be disappointed!

Mazda CX-9

by from Topeka, KS on October 25, 2010

Really enjoying our 2007 CX-9. It's great to get extra kids into. Love the split seats in the 3rd row.

Favorite car I've ever owned

by from Houston, Texas on October 10, 2010

Love, Love, Love this car!!! It was well thought out for the interior design. Seats move forward for 3rd row access so easily my 7 year old can do it w/ one hand. I love that the 3rd row will fit an adult and not just a toddler or animal, but I didn't have to buy a giant car. I like that the 3rd row folds completely flat. The interior display lights are attractive and I have grown to love the Xenon lights (didn't know I would notice a difference, but it's HUGE). It feels roomy inside, but it's easy to park even in small parking spaces. I don't ever notice road noise, and love the bluetooth feature on the car. I also like having a mute button on the steering wheel for easy censoring a word in a song when my kids are in the car. Driving it is also fun so it feels like a sports car. When lanes merge on a freeway, I have no trouble speeding up--there's no lag when you press on the accelerator--almost feels like a standard (for those of you that remember what that's like to drive). Lastly, the air conditioner is incredible! I live in Houston-(-hot and humid) and bought the car in June. It cools off fast and would go so far as to say frigid at times--even in July! I did alot of research about this and other cars before I purchased and have not been disappointed. I was glad I looked at customer responses as well as the experts to make my decision. Hope this helps with yours.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Mazda Cx 9