2007 CX-9

2007 Mazda CX-9

2007 Mazda CX-9

Have You Driven the 2007 Mazda CX-9?

Zoom-Zoom

by msarkie from Northwest Arkansas on Wed Feb 27 2008

We bought the CX9 after test driving everything else in the class. It was by far our favorite, with the only thing coming close the Subaru Tribeca. We specifically love the styling, interior roominess, handling, and value. We have two kids in carseats, and the rear room and seat configuration is great. We love the sporty feel and handling - I've managed to squall tires several times trying to pull out into traffic, and this loaded down with kids and groceries! The brakes are simply the best I've ever tried. Gas mileage is just Ok, wish it was better, but this is a huge vehicle. We bought the CX9 in June 2007 and in July drove it to from Arkansas to Iowa to Canada and back. We've made several long road trips since then, and it has been comfortable and reliable. There have been very few glitches, especially for a new model. And about the interior space - I bought a large rectangular glass top patio table and four chairs. The home store salesman laughed when I told him to load the table into my CX9, but he had to eat his words! It all fit. The negatives we have are mostly nitpicky. We have absolutely no luck getting the voice recognition to work, either for dialing the phone or for any other commands. The navigation is not user friendly. The touch screen is difficult to hit just right, especially while moving. It needs a zoom control that's not on screen - we always end up recentering the map instead of zooming in or out. It would be nice if the front passenger seat had a six way adjustment like the driver's seat. The center console is a little too wide for comfort sometimes, and small cups sink out of sight in the cupholders. The sun visors are too thick to hold our garage door opener. Like I said, nitpicky! Overall, we love this vehicle and would definitely buy another Mazda!

Superb Crossover

by Avid golfer from Central Maryland on Sat Jan 19 2008

Bought the 2007 CX-9 Grand Touring in March '07, and after ten months, have 23,400 miles on the car. Driven it through 23 states, with never a hitch, except for gas. Mileage is about 17 around town, peaks at about 23 on the road. Not as good as we'd hoped, but aceptable. Very nice car: grandkids love the third row, which could handle adults for short runs. Roomy everywhere, and handles like a much smaller vehicle (Zoom, Zoom, Zoom applies!). Peppy, despite the weight penalty of AWD. 20 inch tires ride a bit rougher than we like, and we would've preferred the 19 inchers that come on lower trim lines, but the overall GT package is a much sweeter deal. We have Sirius and nav system, so the dash displays get a little busy, but we've learned our way around. Tire pressure sensors are great: have alerted us to a slow leak on one corner. We have Bluetooth for the cell phone, and that has turned out to be a lot more useful than I'd expected. Cargo room is exceptional, and well managed. BIg enough to handle two golf bags and enough luggage for two adults for two weeks without lowering the second-row setbacks. One downside: the cargo cover is too long to be stowed inside the car when using the third row seats: kind of a no-forethought design. A couple more things we wish it had: memory mirrors and steering wheel positions to go with the seat settings (like the Nissan Murano has), and no trip computer (like almost everything retailing for over $30K has). And why only one seatback map pocket?? 2007 was the first year for the CX-9, and we're quite happy with the car. Draws admiring looks everywhere, and we've given a number of demo/test rides to interested parties. Really like the turn signal repeaters in the side mirrors, and the front end lighting is height-adjustable from the dash, to compensate for loads. Great headlight coverage, too. One other small, but much appreciated item: the front seat cupholders are deep enough to hold a drink the size of a Venti Starbuck's or a tall water bottle, so tipping in corners is not a problem. There is also a storage slot in all four door pockets suitable for a water bottle or can. Ours is Cinammon Red, with the beige and black interior, a combination that works well. Wish the floor mats were a little more substantial, though. Motor Trend got it right when they selected to 2008 CX-9 as Car of the Year. It's a winner!!

Love, Love, Love my CX-9

by djinvb from Virginia Beach, VA on Tue Oct 26 2010

I did a lot of homework before choosing my new car. I wanted something bigger than a 5 seater but could not see myself in a minivan. I also have a double stroller that had to fit in the back of my new car without me having to drop the seats. I tried just about every SUV on the market (and in my price range) and when I drove the CX-9 I fell in love. The ride is so smooth, the pick up is good for a big vehicle and the seats are real comfy. The second row reclines some so on long rides my kids are able to lay back a little and sleep. The drivers seat is all auto and the vehicle is real easy to manuver. With the doors open the CX-9 is real big and tight in some parking spots, so I park futher out when at the mall or store. I got the AWD model and haven't have to use it yet, but it's all automatic. Mazda is a little pricey to have serviced but they are really good cars. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for an SUV alternative to a minivan. You won't be disappointed!

I was in my late 70's and felt 45l\

by Yvonne D. from Gladwin,Michigan on Fri Jun 23 2017

I bought it usedl It was in good shape and looked classy I hit a patch of ice and totaled itl the airbags worked as they should and I was hospitalized/The Dr. could not believe I did not had a scratch! I have been looking for another just like itl

Worlds best kept CUV secret

by First SUV from Kenner LA on Fri Dec 14 2007

I purchased a CX-9 Grand Touring 4 weeks ago, and couldn't be happier. This is our first SUV/CUV and after riding in everyone elses version, this was a great surprise. The GT is loaded with available options and tons of room. ( love the blind spot monitor). We took it from New Orleans to Orlando and back, and it performed more like a sports car than a family hauler. So far, the only drawback I can find with it is the mediocre mileage. I guess you have to give up something, given it's weight and performance capabilities.

who wouldn't want this

by bubba from Shreveport, LA on Fri Mar 02 2007

I have the grand touring model with nav. I fell in love with the car when i drove it. I haul my kids and their friends to soccer games and baseball games. i have room for all their equipment and they can watch a dvd while going to the game and i can get us there on time with the nav system. i am the type of person who lives in their car and this is one i am proud to live in great job mazda.

Family hauler and sporty date vehicle in one!

by JW Zoom-Zoom from Arlington Heights, Illinois on Thu May 18 2017

It is tough for one vehicle to be everything to everybody, but the Mazda CX-9 is an impressively well-rounded package offering practicality, good standard safety equipment, mini-van beating style, sporty road manners and room for seven adults. No regrets. Zoom-Zoom.

Just purchased Touring Model

by Jen from Orange Park, FL on Tue May 01 2007

Absolutely beautiful vehicle. I have been pining for a Murano for years, finally ready to buy and then the CX-7 and CX-9's arrive. I drove the Murano and then the CX-9 and went with the CX-9. The Murano is a great drive mind you, but smaller and honestly, the interior is lacking in excitement. The CX-9 is both sporty, I got roof rails and moonroof in the crystal pearl white with sand leather interior, it is stunning! The interior design is by far the most impressive I have seen. A few things I found odd...stereo doesn't show song titles when listening to radio. Rear cargo mat covers about one foot in depth, and owners manual is no help regarding Bluetooth technology in vehicle. Drives beautifully, has tons of room and is an excellent value!

Most reliable car I have ever owned

by runningjunky from colorado springs, colorado on Sat Sep 16 2017

This is a great car for hauling around the family. I load 7 people in this car and take trips with ease.

extreamily reliable car

by golden boys car from Columbia. Md on Fri May 04 2018

The CX -9 was probable the most reliable vehicle I've owned. The vehicle had almost 111000 miles and the original brakes were still stopping it.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2007 Mazda CX-9

Even though the Mazda Tribute — a version of the Ford Escape compact SUV — has been on sale for years, SUVs don't come to mind when I think of Mazda. Instead, I see Miatas and RX-7s — sporty cars.

That said, Mazda took the right approach with the new seven-seat CX-9 crossover by giving it a sporty look that both reaffirms Mazda's brand image and is likely to appeal to more buyers than conventional SUVs do. Add a roomy interior, refined engine and transmission, and carlike handling, and the CX-9 is an attractive entry that seems more than able to hold its own against other full-size crossovers like the new Saturn Outlook.

An SUV With Zoom-Zoom?