NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2019 CX-9

2019 Mazda CX-9

2019 Mazda CX-9

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2019 Mazda CX-9?

Best Bang For the Buck Out There!

by J. Gilman from Tyler, TX on Mon Apr 15 2019

When my wife and I started looking for a new car we were actually looking at an Infiniti and Audi. After visiting dealers and driving both we had decided to buy the Audi. But my wife was volunteering at the carpool line at school and noticed a Mazda CX-9. She spoke to the mother driving it and was real impressed with what she said. So on our way out of town we stopped by the local Mazda dealer and took a look at one. Right out of the bat I was blown away by the dealer. Their facility was every bit as nice as the Audi dealer we had visited. Then I saw the CX-9 and realized it had everything we were looking at on the Audi and then some options that we had decided not to get, because they would have raised the price on the Audi by over $5,000. To top it off it even drove as well as the Audi. So when they gave me a drive out price that was nearly half of what the Audi was going to cost me, before taxes I was sold. Wife has had it for almost 6 months now and loves it. Took it in for an oil change about a month ago and was blown away by the service. At the end of the day I feel like I got a better SUV than the Audi and the same level of customer service from my Mazda dealer. If Mazda keeps this up, Mercedes, Audi, Infiniti and the rest better watch out.

This car is the biggest bang for your buck.

by STQ from Lutherville, MD on Tue Nov 06 2018

This car does everything that I need my family car to do and some more. High on tech and good on comfort at a price that is at least 10-20 grand lower than any thing in the market with the same kind of sleekness in design and quality.

4th CX-9 I have owned. Need I say more

by Steve from OKC, OK on Wed Sep 19 2018

Great styling, roomy for 6'4". Speed and power amazing. 4th CX-9 and I never have had one repair issue. Design in interior is sleek, AC in the seats is amazing for hot summers. My wife loves the heated seats and wheel.

Very surprised on how nice a CX-9 us

by prothers from Rosemount, MN on Wed Jan 23 2019

Coming from a Mercedes Benz I expected a Mazda CX-9 to be a downgrade. It is not. The exterior fit and finish is just as good as the Mercedes, with a payment that was much more reasonable. We also own a 2018 CX-5, The 9 is a much nicer vehicle from a features prospective. The CX-9 is work a look.

Best Bang for Your Buck and Handsome Too.

by Wyn6 from Dallas, TX on Tue Dec 18 2018

I first saw the CX-9 redesign when we were shopping for my wife's new car. I was like, "Wow! Mazda has seriously upped their game." I told our salesperson, after buying a CX-5, that when I was in the market, the CX-9 would be toward the top of my list and I would come see him. Fast forward two years later. As I stated the Mazda was toward the top of my list. I actually had narrowed it down to three cars, the Mazda CX-9, Jaguar F-Pace, and Volvo XC60. Make no mistake, it certainly competes head-to-head with those vehicles. Once I optioned-up the Jag, it was more than I wanted to spend. The Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring and Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum came in around the same price point. This was an unbelievably difficult choice as both cars were stellar, good looking, and teched out. If you're reading this review, there's obviously no suspense here. In the end, I chose the Mazda. It was just as nice looking as the Volvo if not more, but gave me more options for what I was spending. Additionally, for 2019, the Mazda now offered 360 degree camera, and Android Auto and Apple Play among other things. I didn't necessarily need the all-wheel drive, but it was the only one they had in the color I wanted. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase. This is a mid-sized CUV that drives like a compact. The styling of both the interior and exterior are second-to-none. This is a luxury vehicle with a non-luxury price. It has been a joy to drive and Mazda certainly lives up to Zoom-Zoom. There's only a few things I take issue with: no panoramic moonroof, the 360 camera's resolution isn't all that great and the infotainment system is a bit dated and experiences some lag (so did the Volvo's). Caveat: I rated the reliability as 5 stars, but I haven't had it long enough to gauge that. However, Mazda has moved up to 3rd in reliability according to Consumer Reports.

Great vehicle!

by KristenM from Tampa, FL on Fri Dec 14 2018

I traded my jeep grand Cherokee in on this vehicle and I love it. I love the style of it, it is so stylish and sleek. It's only a 4 cylinder but it has a turbo engine that satisfies a lead foot, like myself. It has some great features one of my favs being auto lock when you get out of the car. I could go on and on about this vehicle but I will run out of room.

The car you want to own and keep

by cxo from Milwaukee, WI on Sat Jan 19 2019

Wow! Mazda has put heart and thought into the 2019 CX-9 Grand Touring. The exterior looks mean and strong with the extra nose over the front grill. The mirrors have power fold in and are heated, the chrome looks good and the placement of the front side and rear cameras with blind sight monitoring sensors provide an amazing exterior look. The adaptive LED headlights are fantastic, positioned perfectly and do exactly what you need from them. The rear light panels are well placed. One risk is chipping off a corner of your lights when you are loading or unloading something in the trunk. A big disappointment was the dealer's inability to provide bumper trim plates claiming that Mazda themselves didn't have them in stock or had no ETA. Bummer! The interior is plush with heated and ventilated front and rear seats, sun shades in the back, the third row is for kids and pets - this is not a minivan. But the middle row seats move enough to give you enough room to secure or remove your toddler's car seat from the hook at the back. Unlike some 5 seaters, where you have to access it from the trunk instead. The driver's controls are easily accessible and very comfortable including the heated steering wheel. The Mazda Connect touch screen feels different from using a tablet, but it works anyway - the one thing I wish Mazda thought of and let happen was to allow video playback on the panel - I'm not sure if safety standards prohibit it, but ask any parent and they will nod vehemently. The car gives excellent power and handling for a 7 seater. Mileage is comparatively better than most of similar size. The engine is VERY responsive and plays the road with you. The sun roof is too small - Mazda hasn't been able to figure out how to deliver a panoramic sun roof without compromising strength and integrity - well, others have. But for the price - this is an EXCELLENT buy! And it can last a lifetime!

FUN SUV!

by Beechbomber from Star, North Carolina on Sun Apr 14 2019

I just took delivery of a 2019 CX 9 Signature and all I can say is WOW! I'm 57 and owned a lot of vehicles in my time. I can't remember when I have enjoyed driving a vehicle more! I have only owned it for 5 days so I can't really review it's reliability as yet. It is built well with a feeling of quality that you would expect in a much more expensive car. I researched heavily all of the mid sized SUV's and I chose a winner!

The Mazda Flagship

by Tadeu Batista from Round Rock, TX on Mon Jan 07 2019

I used to like my 2015 CX-9 Grand Touring, and I thought Mazda could not do a better job, till I got my 2019 CX-9 Grand Touring, it's amazing how they did took care of every single detail in the car, from the breath taking exterior design, to the modern, stylish digital instruments panel, it's just perfect in every detail.

Most responsive, comfortable family hauler

by Chuck512m from St. Augustine, Florida on Tue Mar 26 2019

This SUV is more driveable, has better handling, cargo room and is way more affordable than either the Jaguar, Lexus Rx, Porsche or Land Rover. I drove them all and selected the CX-9 Grand Touring, because it is better equipped, has better handling, can haul more people or things and has sufficient power in Sport mode. We recently took a 1,000 mile roadtrip. It was comfortable, gas efficient and a pleasure to drive on and off-road (which I did not expect). Great SUV for the money.

1 2 3 4