2011 Mazda2

2011 Mazda Mazda2

2011 Mazda Mazda2

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2011 Mazda Mazda2?

Nice little car to drive

by ShortCommute from Kirkland, WA on Sun Oct 24 2010

This is a great little car for the money. Test drove this and the Fit and Fiesta and Mazda2 was best. Loved the minimalist styling, simple interior layout and impressive list of standard features. Has a zippy feel to it that felt better than the Fit and way, way better than Fiesta. Been driving it for a week now and am very happy with my choice.

Best and safest car I owned...

by Happiest Car Alive from Dayton, OHIO on Sun Feb 05 2012

I bought my car on 3 December 2011. It zoom zoomed everywhere I could go. Gas mileage was just was close to 37MPG on my first 4 tanks of gas! My insurance went DOWN by $20/mo for adding this to our policy. After about 6 months of data collecting this car came out as the least expensive commuter car I could find (cost, maintenance, up keep, fuel, gas, insurance). We have another Mazda - for 7 years now - with no issues, so I felt the MAZDA-2 came from a good pedigree. Fun to drive, responsive - awesome practical commuter car. The 4 cylinder made seemed to wine at higher highway speeds - but the radio automatically can adjust the volume to over come. Other cars will beat you off the line - but if you want to drag race - you probably are not gonna get a car with this kind of gas mileage. Sadly on 17 Jan 2012 I totaled my little car. All 6 airbags went off - when the car collided with a Chevy Equinox. The Chevy was totaled as well. To go up against a mid sized SUV and me able to walk away with a scabbed up knee - tells accolades about the safety engineering that must have gone into this car! Got my insurance check and already looking to buy another. Knowing a head on collision, and I can walk away - there is no price for that.

2 Times the Fun

by Gabagooo from Sarver, PA on Thu Mar 24 2011

I recently purchased a Mazda2 Touring with the 5-speed manual transmission. I chose the 2 over the competitors for a variety of reasons, including value for money, styling, practicality, fuel efficiency, and driving dynamics. The car is small, but I am 5?11? and weigh 330 pounds and I fit in the car just fine. Many of the reviews I read on-line criticized the 2 for having only 100 hp, but I have found that the car gets down the road just fine. Keep in mind, it is a sub-compact car designed for fuel efficiency. If you want a pocket rocket, buy a GTI. I am averaging 37.5 mpg in mixed driving. Overall, I am very impressed.

Mazda2

by keesielvr from Delaware on Mon Jan 17 2011

Very happy with this little car. The mileage is fantastic. Interior - very accessible and overall headroom is great and much better than its sibling the Fiesta. The knee room in the back seat is satisfactory for most. The ride is nice and smooth. Seriously the only gripe - the engines sound like it gets a serious work out on the highway. Have gotten way better than expected mpg, so its very easy on the pocket change.

Great car

by Gt3 racer from Dallas on Thu Dec 02 2010

I,ve owned a lot of cars . This car is a hoot . Maybe not the fastest , but it is just fun to drive . Cars definitely got that zoom -zoom spirit that all Mazdas seem to have.

Great Car! Roomy for such a small car!

by Zoom-zoom from Southern NH on Wed Sep 07 2011

I bought this car to try to "beat the pump," downsizing from a fairly large SUV. I really thought I would miss the space and feel cramped (I'm 6'1" tall!) but was pleased to find the interior roomy and much more comfortable than I would have guessed. Even with my long arms, I cannot reach the passenger door without leaning far to the right, indicating that this car may be low, and short, but it is pretty wide. Enough rear legroom behind me, and with a roof-rack, enough cargo area for long trips. Good pep overall, and quite a fun drive!

Best car for the PRICE!!

by dude from San Antonio, TX on Tue Mar 08 2011

The car has a nice sporty look to it. For the base option, it offers more than the others... pwr windows, locks, & keyless. Yes it has only 100 hp... but it does have a lil pep with the 5 spd. My best hwy & in town mpg so far was 38!! I like the styling both in & out, the room, and the efficiency. My only complaints are my feet sometimes bump into each other while using the clutch & brake... could be a big feet issue. Also, the car is a lil noisy... wind & road. Other than that... a fun compact car @ a great price!!

FUN, FUN, FUN to drive

by Mazda Lover from Richmond, VA on Sat Nov 26 2011

I'm a 63 year old male and went from a 1992 Mazda MX3 to a new Mazda2 and like the 2 better. Was going to get the automatic because of my age but decided I was old not dead and I'm glad I do. Love going through the gears and find that 100 hp and gear ratio gets the car up to 60 in a flash and have no problem on the highway. Can't imagine having an automatic. I bought the Sport and the only negative I find is it doesn't have cruise control. Don't understand why Mazda isn't advertising it on TV. For the price I think it beats all the other subcompact cars out there. It's my third Mazda. Had a Mazda MX6 also.

Wow!

by Student from Portland, OR on Mon Oct 03 2011

What a great car! I was looking for something with good gas milage, small, practical, but still fun to drive and stylish. The Mazda2 is everything and more! The 2's base features are what other compact cars make you pay for. Aux. jack, power windows/doors, alarm, cd player, and AC. The ride isn't the quietest on the highway but thats really my only complaint. It has far more room than you would expect from looking at the pictures. I recently went camping and was able to fit everything I needed in the trunk and back seat. The back seats fold down which is perfect for fishing poles, skis, and all the big stuff. If you often have back seat passengers this might not be the right car for you. I've found that bigger people are pretty uncomfortable riding in the back for longer trips due to little leg room, but for someone like me who generally drives alone or usually just has one passenger its great. It's a pleasure to drive every day!

Perfect Little Ride

by sillyboo from Charlottesville on Fri Aug 19 2011

I bought this car new less than two months ago and love it! Have already put 2000 miles on it! I wanted a car with better gas mileage and I got it since I'm averaging at about 34mpg! I went to the Mazda place to look at a 3 and my seller told me about the 2 which I never heard of before. I test drove it and compared it with a Ford Fiesta and Toyota Yaris and it by far blew those two out of the water, especially in comfort. The car overall came with more while being the same price as its competitors. I got the blue color which certainly turns heads on the road. However with the good gas mileage comes less power. I had an Eclipse before and going from a v6 to this is noticeable. This car is so comfortable driving though; it handles turns great and is very smooth. It also is very quiet unless going up a big hill, of course. Overall I love it and couldn't be happier. Mazdas are certainly great cars :)

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2011 Mazda Mazda2

The Mazda2 is a small car that drives like a small car — and that's a compliment. Some cars feel bigger than they are, which can be good if you also get a sense of strength and solidity.

The Mazda2, though, is like a welterweight fighter: all quickness and agility, without sacrificing ride and practicality. I kept looking for excuses to drive it.

City Driving
City driving is the Mazda2's forte. I drove the Mazda2 with both available transmissions: a five-speed manual and a four-speed automatic. Obviously, having the right gear on hand for quick maneuvers is simple with the manual because you control the gear selection, but the automatic is also very well-matched to the engine. When I wanted to... Read More