2005 Mazda3

2005 Mazda Mazda3

2005 Mazda Mazda3

Have you driven the 2005 Mazda Mazda3?

I love it

by Smacknthebox from Ontario, Ca on July 23, 2011

Bought this car used with 72,000 miles. Great value with great gas mileage. Had small problem with rear brakes but inexpensive to fix. Ac compressor needs to to be replaced. All in all great car to drive.

2004 Mazda 3

by jps from Byers, CO on December 28, 2012

I bought my Mazda 3 9 years ago new. Currently have over 245,000 miles on this car and no leaks and is still running strong. Put less than a $1,000 in parts and labor into this car, besides normal maintenance. I don't see myself needing to replace this car at all.

Style Meets Value

by Aounay from Buffalo, NY on January 25, 2010

When I was in the market to buy a car I did an extensive amount of research about many aspects of vehicles. The Mazda3 'S' won because it had nicer styling and better performance than the Civic (Factory body kit/spoiler, 160HP engine, sport suspension). After driving it for 6 months I am impressed by the handling and the power that arrives at 3k RPMS. The interior came full of quality features at a good value: mirror/compass/thermometer, 6 Disc in dash changer, leather, quality stereo, in addition to the basics of AC and heat. All of these features came at a good value price. The only downfall of my particular model is the fact there are only 3 preset speeds for the windshield wipers (slow, fast, and really fast). Newer models probably have been improved. My car now has 55k and there has not yet been one problem. All things considered I'm glad I didn't get the boring Civic or a problematic Volkswagen.

I love this car!

by Moxy00 from 60048 on August 16, 2013

I bought this car & love everything about it. the gas mileage is great. The exterior and interior look sleek & sporty. Its completely reliable, and most of all the reviews are amazing as well as the resale value. Everyone who gets in my car asks me about it and wants one. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone.

Excellent vehicle for the money

by Carnut from Dallas, TX on May 19, 2011

I have been able to do more in this car comfortably than any previous car. I was amazed at the amount of storage that could be placed in the boot of the vehicle and still drive 2 people. Its not the fastest car of its size but it has a wonderful 2.3L engine that gets great gas mileage. My favorite car to date. I have owned over 10 vehicles in my life.

Nicest Car I Ever Drove

by Alsome Car from Missori on October 18, 2012

I Love My Mazda 3s It Is Just Amazing!!!! The Style of It And Everything About It. I Bought This Car with 96,000 Miles On It And It Is As Good As New (Well For Me)

Great Car!

by New Car Owner from Chicago, IL on January 29, 2010

I love this car! It is the first car I have owned on my own and I couldn't have asked for a better one. The styling inside and out is wonderful. Handles well on the road even in bad weather. There aren't a lot of features, but that is because I chose to buy the basic version. This is definitely a car to get if you're single and don't have children. The back seat is a little small, so do watch out for that!

Can't go wrong

by Love to Drive from Springfield, VA on November 25, 2009

I've owned a 2005 Mazda 3 sport for a little over 5 years and 50,000 miles. It's a fantastic car, though I wouldn't like it nearly as much without the sport package. The 2.3 L four cylinder engine is pretty peppy and provides enough torque to keep it that way even at low RPMs. Depending on the options you get, the Mazda 3 can be very economical, or rather sporty and luxurious. I got all the options (leather, sunroof, manual transmission, fog lights, spoiler, 6 CD changer, etc.) and it definitely makes it stand out and perform better. The manual transmission is very smooth, but the clutch is stiffer than most other cars and requires fairly precise bilateral footwork. I maintain it vigilantly based on the manufactures recommendations and I haven't had a single major problem with it. I put in full-synthetic oil and expect the car will still be intact at 200,000 miles based on Mazda's excellent history of reliability. The car looks great on the outside, but I think the interior really stands out. It's laid out well, has mostly red back lighting, and is very functional. (The red back lights help retain night vision.)The speaker system (upgraded) is especially nice for the price. In my opinion, the 2009 and later exterior styling is much more feminine and strongly resembles facial features on the front and back (which I hate, but I'll leave that up to you). I highly recommend this vehicle over any other with a comparable price.

2005 Mazda 3 Sport

by Mazda Zoom-Zoom from Denver, CO on January 24, 2015

Awesome car, can't beat the reviews. Second Mazda 3 S other was a 2004. Only issue the 2004 ever had besides brakes waa a water pump seized throwing coolant all over the builts so one break down. I anticipate the 2005 will not having any issues as it's the second model year. You can't beat the vakue and styling unkess you compare to Volkswagen then you have reliability issues as with all German cars. My buddy has a Mazdaspeed 3 and it's so powerful. The 2.3 engine is plenty powerful. Looked at a Civic Si too, you can't compare the oprions, interior, exterior to the Mazda though. Buy you won't regret. The S model is a sweet deal!

Superior Suspension Tuning

by pashmr10 from on November 5, 2008

I have 42,000 miles on my 3i 5spd 4 door and still look forward to getting behind the wheel. Love the styling, quality and design, especially the cockpit which has held up very well and still has a premium feel. The steering, shifter and other controls just feel right. The main thing that sets the 3 apart from its competition is the handling. I've never driven a better tuned front wheel drive car of any price; willing to rotate through corners, has lift off oversteer and is very stable in high speed corners. The trade off is a stiffer ride but it has never bothered me. Some have complained about tires wearing out quickly; I need a new set every 15,000 miles but that?s a trade off for the excellent grip and my driving style. Reliability has been nearly perfect; the only exception has been the purge valve sticking open on two occasions. My only complaint is that the paint chips and scratches easily. Don't be afraid to get the smaller engine in the i. With less weight, the i has a better power to weight ratio than the s. This car is great compromise for those who need practicality but would rather have a (European style) sports car.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2005 Mazda Mazda3

I betcha two months ago -- heck, two weeks ago -- most people didn't list fuel economy as a top concern in a new vehicle.

One well-placed hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico and the damage done to oil refineries has changed all that.

Suddenly, it's 1973. Locking gas caps, lines to get gas, topping off the tank, people leaving without paying for gas, it's definitely enough of a sense of deja vu.

But thankfully, this isn't 1973, at least when it comes to driving a fuel-efficient small car.

My favorite?

The Mazda3, available in four-door and five-door configurations, in two trim levels.

There's the ''i'' trim level, which comes only in four-door configuration and a 2-liter double-overhead-cam four-cylinder making... Read More