2016 Mazda3

2016 Mazda Mazda3

2016 Mazda Mazda3

Have you driven the 2016 Mazda Mazda3?

An excellent compact car with a few annoyances

by DG from Ohio on Tue Mar 29 2016

Pros: After clocking almost 3000 miles in this car, I can say without reservation that the 2.5 liter engine is excellent. It?s very smooth with linear power delivery and never leaves me needing more. Also, as someone who does their own maintenance, it looks to be a very easy to work on. The 6-spd manual transmission in this car is one of the best I?ve ever had in a compact car. It has nice short throws and slides into the next gear almost on its own, very smooth! Ride/handling is firm, but not at all harsh. The 3 sGT is a very controlled and fun car to drive! Build quality and fit/finish are excellent throughout the car, on par with the very best Styling is fantastic inside and out. It?s a very simplistic but upscale look and feel, reminiscent of a much more expensive car. Supportive and attractive seats, I love the contrast stitching The Bose Centerpoint sound system is the best sounding audio system I?ve ever had in a car, hands down. It offers excellent imaging and superior full range sound reproduction, particularly when playing lossless music files. It is simply an amazing sound system. The adjustable head-up display and the blind spot monitoring are great safety features that work very well. The BSM allows you to adjust the warning chime level or turn it off, which is nice. Cons: Fuel efficiency is not quite as good as I expected. About 80% of my driving is highway at 60-70 MPH, but I?m only averaging 31 MPG, which I expected to improve after break-in. Should be getting at least 33 given my driving habits, but maybe it?ll improve over time The infotainment system is slow to start up, sometimes taking over a minute to display the home screen. It also has unstable smart phone integration, often not recognizing my Android phone when connected via USB, which is annoying because I prefer to play music over wire instead of Bluetooth, as it sounds MUCH better. It also sometimes has issues connecting to the internet radio apps on my phone. Also, too many of the systems core functions cannot be accessed while driving. I realize this is for safety, but it?s far more restrictive than most cars I?ve owned. Mazda could definitely stand to further refine this system. At highway speeds, the level of road noise can become fatiguing and intrusive after a while. Mazda seems to have saved some money by eliminating sound deadening material from the doors. The 3 doesn't retain accessory power when you shut off the engine. I sometimes like to finish listening to a song or a news story before exiting. In order to do that I have to turn the acc power back on by pushing the start button again. Every other car I've owned in the last 15+ yrs retains acc power for a few min (or until a door is opened) after engine shutoff. Not a major con, but worth mentioning There needs to be a fog light indicator light somewhere on the dash board. The switch on the left stalk is hidden behind the steering wheel, so it is difficult to tell if they?re on or off. Not a major con, but worth mentioning The clutch has a much higher friction zone than I?m use to. It doesn?t begin to engage until the pedal is half way out. I prefer a clutch that engages closer to the floor to facilitate quicker shifts. Again, this isn?t a major con, but more of a preference A non-leather seat option on the sGT trim would be nice for those who don?t want leather. Something like Alcantara would be a great option. Also, a bit more bottom padding would be nice as well Summary: I know I?ve listed a lot of cons, but I admit to being VERY nitpicky when it comes to my cars. I have high expectations that are rarely met. That said, I would still buy the 3sGT 5-door over any other compact currently offered. The only other car I might have considered is the upcoming 2017 Honda Civic 5-door, but it won?t be available until late 2016 and I needed a vehicle sooner. In any case, I?m very happy with the 3sGT and can wholeheartedly recommend

Mazda Puts The Sport into its 3

by Car Guy Dan from The Wonderful Hudson Valley in New York on Mon Jun 20 2016

My recently purchased Mazda 3 hatch has been a great little car. While it has some shortcomings, it does live up to the zoom-zoom mantra in many ways. First, it's a great looking little car and in a mine too small car field the Mazda stands out with its unique long hooded profile and purposeful looking grill. Second, the 3 drives like a mini sports car, with handling and braking on par with my BMW 3 series of yore. The car goes where it's pointed quickly and provides adequate road feel with out being jarring. The six-speed is short-throw and precise in a way I remember my Acura CL's tranny. You just never miss with this gearbox. Lastly the 3 is roomy. With the hatch, the interior is cavernous and useful, especially with the seats folded down. On the downsize the 2.0 ShyActive motor is no powerhouse and takes a bit of time to get up to speed. You're always aware that this engine was built to optimize full economy and not be the first one down the quarter mile. You will also be reminded that this car was built with a specific budget in mind. The doors feel a bit tin-ee, the sunroof shade feels like it's made of cheap cardboard and the switches on the doors are not illuminated at night and get lost in the interiors deep black space. Overall, the Mazda 3 is a blast to drive and continues to win the design praises of strangers and friends alike.

Smooth awesome cars, great value!

by Mac from Colorado Springs, CO POWERS on Sun Jun 26 2016

Smooth ride, Bose Stereo System, great gas mileage, looks great.... wife calls my car a "shark"... and she bought a Mazda 3 also... "nemo"... or "Dori". lol Brian, sales rep was awesome and all the Mazda family on Powers was very professional and honest! Finance guys worked hard and we got a great deal for 2 cars. I will tell everyone to go to Brian and Mazda for their next car. They last forever and low maintenance with great Service Team.

ZoomZoom

by BiggusBill from Pacific NorthWest on Wed Feb 24 2016

Purchased our 2016 i Grand Touring Hatchback in Dec 15. Drawn 1st to the exterior styling. Has a decent amount of standard features at this level, backup camera, bluetooth, Bose, Nav, Blind spot indicators. While it does have keyless entry and keyless starting what Mazda leaves out is remote start. Available as an add on monthly fee using a phone app... not cool. Initially I did not like the fact the display screen is fixed and does not lower, proved to be out of view and not a big deal, takes a little getting used to. The controls for the stereo, nav, bluetooth, ect are excellent, very easy to use and fun to adjust and mess with. The lower rear bumper cover is a black rubberized material that has turned a lighter color after just one wash and winter. Not going to be real happy if it requires a treatment or color back rub down after every wash. So that will be addressed with the dealer, it also appears the fitment on the PS front window is off as when traveling up, the door panel bulges at full closure like the glass is traveling too far. I am sure the dealer will make the adjustment. Most aftermarket accessories for the car only come from Mazda and are a bit pricey. This was for my wife and she loves it. It is a great driving car and feels tight and responsive. If you aren't enamored by the other imports as we are not and appalled by Ford and GM styling which we were then this is a great alternative. One drawback for us, the dealer is not real close but Mazda has a solid reputation for reliability so we won't need many trips there anyway. Enjoy the ride.

I LOVE my 2016 Mazda3 I Touring

by Meg from Lexington, KY on Mon Feb 22 2016

This is my first NEW car, i am absolutely in love with everything about this car. The outside looks so luxurious and expensive, the performance is out of this world. I never want to get out of my car when i am driving it. I purchased mine in snowflake white pearl and it and the red is my favorite colors by far. The interior is great too. I didn't get the leather seats that i always dreamed of but the black cloth seats are just as great now that i am use to them! i love how easily accessible everything is inside, super safe and great gas mileage as well! I LOVE it so far.

Great Car, But I Totaled It

by CaseyG from Los Angeles, CA on Sat Apr 22 2017

Mazda's got a lot going on with the Mazda3. For the most part, I loved this car. 14 months into my 3-year lease, I was involved in a 3-car accident (not my fault). The car was hit on the right side, went up on two wheels, but landed upright. The right-side airbags deployed, and my seat belt kept me well contained - not a scratch on me. It ended up being totaled, but the car took the hit well. Overall, I really enjoyed this car. The Mazda3 is fun to drive, and comes with a nice set of standard features. Unlike other reviewers, I did not find the road noise to be bad at all. The gas milage is amazing. It's a nice-looking vehicle. A few cons: The C pillar's width makes checking the blind spot a little harder than in other cars. Luckily, the blind-spot monitors help with this. The interior door finish smudges very easily. You can see every fingerprint. There is a safety message that is displayed on the infotainment screen EVERY SINGLE TIME you start the car. Even if you press the button to dismiss it, it stays there for about 10 seconds, and you can't do anything on the infotainment system until it goes away. It may sound like a small thing, but it becomes supremely annoying after the first few times. There needs to be an option to disable this. The menu structure of the infotainment system could be more intuitive. Actually, a few more physical buttons as shortcuts for commonly-used features might solve it.

Brought it for my Daughter and she love it

by ET from Donaldsonville,Louisiana on Sat Nov 21 2015

Everything is in arms reach Seats are very comfortable No blind spots Back up camera a nice added tough for a small car

Great car good value

by Renee from Juno Beach on Mon Apr 10 2017

The car is fun to drive. I purchased the car for my teen driver. This car is great for new drivers. It maneuvers nicely and has many safety features standard and more available as an option. The navigation is easy to use.

Performs great

by Jose P from Arizona on Sat Apr 01 2017

Excellent performance - doesn't feel like a small car. Getting about 34 mpg in the city! Accelerates quickly. The only thing that I don't love about this car is the infotainment system. Every time I turn on the car the (ugly, aftermarket-looking) info screen goes through a serious of start up screens and you can turn on the radio until it completes. I drive a standard (well worth having), but the shift has a tendance to go from 6th to 3rd when downshifting, or from 5th to 4th when shifting up. You have to pay a little attention when shifting in or out of 5th and 6th. Still, I don't think you can get a better car for this price.

Mazda is a great brand!

by Redwood2269 from Champaign, IL on Wed May 24 2017

Before 2010, when I bought my first Mazda, I ONLY owned Chevys. I had 6 Impalas (four new, two used) and one new Cobalt. In 2010 I changed that when I bought my first Mazda3. Last year, I bought another one brand new. I've only seen one Mazda prior to buying the one in 2010 and that one had over 250k on it so I know it had to be reliable if taken care of right. Needless to say, I'm probably sticking with Mazda for the duration. Highly recommend to family and friends.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8