2007 Mazda5

2007 Mazda Mazda5

2007 Mazda Mazda5

4.2

Have you driven the 2007 Mazda Mazda5?

A unique van

by T.F. from S.W. Iowa on Mon Apr 30 2012

We found a 2007 Mazda 5 Sport using more than one website that had been sitting on a rural car dealership for months. It was a one owner 5 speed with 50,000, and previously had 2 price reductions so the dealer would sell this one for $10,300 cash out the door. We traded an older Dodge van in on the Mazda for $8400.00 and so far we have no complaints. The dealer allowed me to talk with the first owner by phone and she gave it a good report saying she regretted trading it in on a large pickup. The Mazda 5 has more cargo room than you would think, has a great cruise control unit, good lumbar seating, and so far has bullet proof reliability.

Happy with our 5

by Mazdad from Riverdale, NY on Thu Jan 27 2011

I bought a used 5 Touring model two years ago. My wife uses it to haul my 4 & 6 yo boys and to go to work. I drive it occasionally on weekends. The odo marks close to 49k now. The smart layout captivated our attention, it's a bold work of design in & out. Add to that the plenty features for the money. I feared a bit at first the value consequences to the vehicle, only to be pleasantly surprised, though the lack of AC vents for back rows is a major flaw. Great build quality, quality of materials ok and engine all smooth. It's a low rider and custom tires aren't fit for icy/snow areas. Road noise is a problem and since tires are due for replacement I'm trying to find the right winter tire type/psi ratio to minimize the noise. Love the unosbructed visibility, a major problem in today's cars, and the air of exclusivity granted to the Mazda 5s best kept secret deal in the auto market. Wished Mazda 5s could offered a 7th retractable seat in between the 2nd row seats as Ford will be offering in their upcoming C-Max model.

Suspension nightmare

by PAUL from Austin, TX on Mon Dec 30 2013

We purchased with 20k miles on it, and it was a decent vehicle during the non summer months. There is no rear AC and the AC it does have is awful. Once we hit 90k miles, we've had nothing but expensive repairs done to the front end suspension. The Dealership, ie the EXPERTS, can't seem to fix it. Getting rid of it.

Does not recommend this car!!

Exceeded my expectations

by Married with children from Honolulu, HI on Fri Apr 20 2007

With a growing family, my wife and I finally had to face the facts and get a mini-van. Although we liked the features and room the mini-vans offered, we were intimidated by the large size of these vehicles, and the driving, parking, visibility concerns we would have to deal with. My wife discovered the MAZDA5 and suggested we take a look, I immediately dismissed it as a compact station wagon that would be too small for our needs, but I agreed to go down to the dealership for a test drive. I expected the MAZDA5 to be small and cramped and I thought we would be in and out of the dealership quickly after proclaiming the car to be unsuitable. What a pleasant surprise, The MAZDA5 has plenty of room in all three rows of seats, sliding doors give great access, the size of the vehicle is not intimidating in fact it is very manageable and fun to drive, visibility is excellent. Needless to say we bought the MAZDA5 as it met or exceeded all of our needs and it did it in a much smaller maneuverable package than a mini van would have afforded. We have had the vehicle for 6 weeks and it still surprises us, example the tight turning radius, with this vehicle, making a u-turn on a neighborhood street is a breeze, in contrast to a mini-van that would require backing up and a three point turn. Car-seats, children, strollers, groceries and mother-in-laws all fit comfortably in this vehicle; it does not crowd the garage and most of all it fits in tight parking spaces that would probably be passed up by larger mini vans. I somewhat dreaded the emasculating aspect of driving a mini van, but I feel none of that with this vehicle, I enjoy driving it and it looks great, I am proud to be seen washing this car in my driveway.

Great fun to drive car

by luv 2 drive from Pittsburgh, PA on Wed May 21 2008

What a great car for roominess and not sacrificing the gas mileage. I downsized from a minivan getting 15-18 mpg to this great versatile car that is unique and different from the ordinary and now getting 24-26 mpg. What a difference in this time of gas costing an arm and leg.

Lots of room, good performance

by Jason from Austin from Austin, TX on Fri Jun 15 2007

Went to my local Mazda dealership intending to test drive a Mazda3, and ended up test driving a Mazda5 as well. For just a couple thousand bucks more, the Mazda5 was a much better deal, so I went with it. I test drove the manual and automatic. Manual has a lot more pep and you feel like you have more control over the vehicle. Pros - Great maneuverability and driving experience, lots of cargo space with the third seat folded up, decent gas mileage, good acceleration, generally quiet ride. Cons - I could never get comfortable with the angle of the head rest, so I had to take it out and flip it around. The A/C in my car isn't as quite as cool as I'd like, but not a major issue. Third row seat is pretty useless for adults, at least on long distance trips. Best advantage is the value for the money. Best and most most practical vehicle I could find for my under-17k budget. Everyone who rides in this vehicle has positive things to say about it.

Great Family car!

by Travels with kids... from Jacksonville, Florida on Tue Mar 27 2007

I rented this vehicle to drive from Florida to Pennsylvania (and back!) and just loved it! My kids are 9 & 10 & loved being able to have their own seats, not having to share! We have a large SUV right now that seats 8, but I have been thinking of getting a smaller 2nd vehicle to save on gas. This one seats 6, and is roomy enough for my family of 5. This is DEFINATELY a front-runner in my search for a new vehicle! My only complaint is that I did hear lots of road noise while on the highway...that can be overlooked for the price & how much I saved on gas for this trip!!

Good Value for the Money

by Tired of filling a truck's gas tank. from Jacksonville, FL on Thu Nov 16 2006

I bought the 2006 Mazda5 Sport basic package. This car has lots of standard features without the normal huge markup. Front and rear seats are comfortable for full sized adults, third row seats are good for children. The 5 speed responds nicely, this car just misses being really fun to drive due to lack of power. It handles well and gets good gas mileage, I average 22-24 around town. Good car with adequate space and plenty of features for the money. I've only had it for 2 month's so I can't comment on reliability.

Everything you need, nothing you don't.

by Mike from North Carolina on Fri May 16 2014

My 2006 was bought used with 75,000 miles on it and now has 240,000 miles. Still going strong. Just passed another state inspection, so I'll have it at least another year. Reliable, efficient, comfortable but definitely NOT luxurious. Noisy at highway speeds. A/C is weak, but reliable. Cargo room is awesome for such an efficient and easy-to-park car. Gas mileage is 34 mpg highway. It needed no repairs until 230,000 miles: brake master cylinder and booster? had to be replaced - less than a thousand bucks. I load it with camp gear and tow a sailboat to the ocean, use it for hauling all kinds of stuff, including my 3 kids and their gear. Size and turning radius make it very maneuverable in cities and tight parking spaces. Outstanding car.

So far, so good

by Happy Camper from Whitehall, Michigan on Sat May 17 2014

We recently purchased a used Mazda 5 with 59 K primarily because of the third row seat option when we have our 3 grandchildren with us. We took it on a long road trip and are pleased with the performance. The gas mileage is a little less on the highway than hoped (26 MPG). We have had a slight problem which we will need to get checked again. The engine light came on right after we bought it and we were told twice that it was because the gas cap not tightened enough. We have made sure that we tighten the gas cap after refueling, but the light stays on. Other than this, we are pleased with our new ride.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2007 Mazda Mazda5

When flipping though the pages of a parenting magazine whose subscription I've been meaning to cancel (my kids are 4 and 6, and I no longer need or want to read about great new birthing techniques every month), I became intrigued by ads for the Mazda5. What is it? A miniaturized minivan? A big sport wagon with sliding doors and room for six? My curiosity was matched by hordes of emails from other young mothers wanting to know about it as well. I was a bit skeptical at first. Although I appreciate the ingenuity of a company that thinks outside the box wide enough to create a car that none can define, I have to admit I don't really like the way this car looks. The only thing dorkier than a minivan is... Read More