Model Details

4.0
Average based on 28 reviews

Fasterthan you think

by from Chicago on August 28, 2009

This car will surprise you by its pickup. This thing is real fast and handle great. Automanual trany adds more zip to it if you prefer manual. Overall, I love this car and highly recommend it.

A Great Car!

by from Daytona Beach, FL on August 5, 2009

I bought this car brand new in December 2002 and owned it for 6 years and 7 months. In that time, I put 85k miles on it. I traded it in today on a 2004 BMW 3-series. Of my old friend, I can only say this: it is a wonderful car for the price! I never had a problem with it mechanically. The A/C blew ice cold from the day I bought it through the day I traded it. The car handles far, far better than an Accord or Camry and looks sportier too! The interior ergonomics are fabulous. Everything is laid out intuitively within easy reach. My only complaint about this car is the quality of materials they used. I wore a hole through the wrapping of the steering wheel and the leather gear shift lever. The headliner started to come down after about 5 yars. A piece of the plastic grill on the fascia of the car fell off. Nevertheless, the car handled great although if you took a turn too hard you would get a lot of body lean. I had the four cylinder which had a bit of pep to it but you'll get beat off the line by a Ford Focus. The cabin was relatively quiet, although the engine made a bit of noise when revved. At speed on the interstate you could still have a conversation in hushed tones. In summation, while I am happy to have graduated up to the BMW 3-series, I absolutely loved my Mazda 6. While it never thrilled me with its performance, it always did what I needed it to do and it was extremely dependable in a way that made you take it for granted. I will miss this car!

Best car I've owned. Fuel effecient,no break downs

by from Killbuck, OH on January 18, 2013

I have the Mazda 6i, 2003 model with the spoiler. This is the sports model, with the ability to drive as an automatic & can switch to manual, if desired. I don't remember a problem with it and I bought it new. Has awesome rims, that I get comments on all the time, by males, of course. Gas mileage is incredible. I love everything about it but the comfort. If riding for a long time, it is not very comfortable.

This car was really enjoyable

by from Honolulu, HI on June 7, 2007

Great car highly recommend. Low maintenance. Handles really well. After a few years I have had very little time needed for service.

I feel sexy in this Car

by from Carson City, NV on September 22, 2007

The Mazda 6 puts a smile on your face as you accelerate around corners and zoom around town or a curvy mountain road. You can't wait to test the capabilities of the 3.0 V6 engine. It is fast. Splurge for the sports package. You will feel sexy, because everyone looks at the car. Best car I have ever owned. I have had zero problems with the Mazda. Outstanding value for the money.

LTBL

by from 62702 on January 7, 2012

I have owned the Mazda 6 for about 5 year or 45thousand miles and it had been fantastic. I have really grown to love the Mazda brand because of this vehicle. For the price i think you would be very hard pressed to find a car as good and a fun as the mazda 6. Its hard to explain in such few words but this car is a perfect balance of performance and comfort making it in my opinion very fun to drive (3.0L). As far a reliability goes i have only had to replace the ignition coils, fuel purge valve, and routine maintenance and i drive the car pretty hard. As one can see the 2003 mazda 6 is a fantastic car to own and would be almost impossible to beat for the price. (depending on what your looking for)

Zoom-Zoom

by from Chattanooga, TN on February 7, 2008

This may be the best car I have ever owned and maybe driven. I got the 2.3 and it has amazing power for a four cynlinder, seems like it has more than what is listed. It has great features and looks sporty but is also functional and a great ride. Oh yeah the gas mileage is amazing, got nearly 500 miles on the first tank alot of highway miles.

Awesome Car

by from Minnesota on April 11, 2007

Very happy with all aspects of the mazda, very smooth running vehicle. Handles like a true sports car. Get great gas mileage and the four cylinder is a great vehicel for my wife. She loves how the car feels and looks. Spacious interior. Leather seats looks great, but are cool in the winter. Only Change would be heated seats.

Fast and reliable

by from Cambridge, MA on January 7, 2008

When I bought the car, the Mazda 6 was hailed as the sporty version of the camry or accord. Five years later the car drives the same as it always did, I've not had a single mechanical issue and I've not been burned by dealers during servicing. I bought a 2003 6s with luxury package and have spent approximately $700 on it over 4 and a bit years, mainly in tires and servicing. Only downside was I previously owned a SAAB 95 and the Mazda seemed less substantial by comparison but the safety ratings have proven otherwise. I'm looking for another car now and am scared to go elsewhere, Mazda has impressed me with the low cost to own, reliability and quality of build. The servicing from either dealership I have used has been excellent, honest appraisal, competitive pricing and typically in and out in less than an hour.

6s is best value for car of it's type

by from Allston, MA on January 8, 2008

The 6s is fast, has great handling, completely reliable and the best value car I've ever owned. I would recommend this car to anyone.