Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2005 Mazda6

2005 Mazda Mazda6

2005 Mazda Mazda6

4.5

Have You Driven the 2005 Mazda Mazda6?

Great car

by Mazda fan from Buffalo, NY on Wed Jun 10 2009

My wife bought a 2005 Mazda 6i sedan in 2007 with 25,000 miles on it, and we just now traded it in with almost 57,000 miles. This was such a great car that we traded it in for another mazda 6, a low-mileage 2007 model instead of a new one because neither of us liked the new style Mazda 6 that came out in 2009. In 2-1/2 years and over 30,000 miles there were absolutely no issues with this car. The appearance and handling were also top notch for a so-called family sedan. The pickup in the 4-cylinder models is a little lacking, but not too bad. In fact, the 2007 4-cylinder model upgraded from a 4-speed automatic to a 5-speed automatic, and that is a bit peppier and adequate for a daily driver, and for my wife's needs. It also handles great in the snow, and the traction control works very well but is not overwhelming. The standard Mazda 6i is a great car for anyone who wants a little more than a mundane daily driver, but doesn't need blazing speed...great for my wife, but me? I own a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6. I would highly recommmend the Mazdaspeed version to any sports car enthusiast who either needs a car with a back seat, or lives somewhere with alot of snow (the speed 6 is all-wheel drive). Every version of the Mazda 6 I have driven is great, and this includes my parents station wagon, I would recommend any of them to anybody.

first car

by monkey from on Tue Oct 06 2009

Nice car, with all the right features for an average needs. Nice performance when needed, i have the 4-cylinder and it still performs nicely. Nice handling to go along with that power. All around a good car at a reasonable price.

Most reliable car I've owned. Truly

by Mazdalover from New York on Fri Jan 19 2007

This is a car I would consider my sporty car. If you are a sporty person and you like to look cool as well, this is the car for you. Very reliable, drives like nothing. Sometimes when I leave the car runing I don't even hear it, i have to get my hears close to the hood just to see if the car is on or my wife had shut it off. Believe it or not, It is on. I have had mine over 1 year now, I have driven it from Long Island to Florida, and to Maryland. Man the speed on the Hwy was unbelievable. I did not get a ticked though. It's better that a corvette. I better stop here before I go myself another one.

Great car

by Dragz from Maryland on Sat Mar 17 2007

I purchased my Mazda6 (base model) used, with 18,000 miles on it, and I've never had a problem. I'm close to 43,000 now, and it still handles great, and has no problems. The body styling is nice and it has a lot of "get up and go" for a 4 cylinder automatic.

My fifth Mazda and more to follow

by Mazda Lifer from Calgary, AB on Sat Jan 25 2014

Up until buying my M-6, I had owned a two GLC's, a 323 and a 3 before. Only reasons for changing cars were..accident, girlfriend wanted an automatic and wanted new 3 (2004). My latest Mazda (6) was due wanting something bigger. I will admit I was a little leery of buying a Mazda that wasn't built in Japan (are built in Flat Rock, Michigan). However, Those concerns were put to rest back then, and after only $2.300 invested in my 6 since buying it in '05, I am thrilled with it. It has just over 50.000miles/ 87.000kms on it now, and she still hums like in the early days. The rear seats are a tad cramped, but still quite comfortable. The display guages are perfect, and still quite modern and I still love the controls on the steering wheel. Would I buy another one? Absolutely. I think Mazda is one of the most underrated companies. Their product is solid and extremely well built...no shortcuts here.

You will not regret being a Mazda 6 owner

by Chef Pomps from Seattle, Wa. on Fri Jun 09 2017

Bought one with high miles. Worried but was so impressed, I drove Seattle to Boston and back. Drove like new with 205,000 mi. only flat tire on way back. Finally let it go and found another 05 and this one is just as great. Love it.

Best car Ive owned

by Mazda6 Fan from CT on Thu Dec 07 2006

Love the car Only thing I would perfer is to have the heat controls in the steering wheel. Other wise I love it. I have the full package and its a real nice ride. Heated seats are nice for the winter also.

Very reliable car

by Mazda6owner from Highlands on Fri Sep 08 2017

I'm ready to get another one but since my husband and I divorced in 2011 I couldn't afford another one. I'm so glad it is reliable and the ac still works. The seats and a few other things are wearing out but it has been a pretty good car overall.

Most reliable car I’ve owned

by Combat Vet Approved from FL on Sun Dec 17 2017

This car has been the best for getting from point A to B. The tires are brand new. The alternator is a month old. A cool Bluetooth, usb radio system is installed. The battery is new as well. The car has a lot of legroom.

2005 Mazda 6i hatchback

by None from San Jose, CA on Mon Mar 13 2017

We bought this car in 2006 used. It had 17k miles on it. We still have it now with 197k. We've had to replace the dampers once, 3 control arms, 2 Axel's and brakes. Everything else was regular maintenance. The car is great! The staying and orange color is awesome too.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2005 Mazda Mazda6

As late as 1999, the Swedish carmaker offered a mid-size four-door hatchback (a.k.a. "five-door") that set Saab lovers' shakras aflutter. I went to a Saab owners convention in the mid-1990s - where there were more gray ponytails than in a herd of Appaloosas - and was regaled with tales of cargo-swallowing achievements: how this guy got a roll-top desk home in his Saab, and how that guy remodeled his kitchen without ever resorting to the crassness of a pickup truck.

I have yet to get the smell of patchouli out of my clothes.

Some essential self-reliance went out of the brand when Saab discontinued its hatchbacks (the 900 and 9000 series had them), though it wasn't simply that the overlords back in... Read More