2005 Mazda6

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

Great car

by Mazda fan from Buffalo, NY on June 10, 2009

My wife bought a 2005 Mazda 6i sedan in 2007 with 25,000 miles on it, and we just now traded it in with almost 57,000 miles. This was such a great car that we traded it in for another mazda 6, a low-mileage 2007 model instead of a new one because neither of us liked the new style Mazda 6 that came out in 2009. In 2-1/2 years and over 30,000 miles there were absolutely no issues with this car. The appearance and handling were also top notch for a so-called family sedan. The pickup in the 4-cylinder models is a little lacking, but not too bad. In fact, the 2007 4-cylinder model upgraded from a 4-speed automatic to a 5-speed automatic, and that is a bit peppier and adequate for a daily driver, and for my wife's needs. It also handles great in the snow, and the traction control works very well but is not overwhelming. The standard Mazda 6i is a great car for anyone who wants a little more than a mundane daily driver, but doesn't need blazing speed...great for my wife, but me? I own a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6. I would highly recommmend the Mazdaspeed version to any sports car enthusiast who either needs a car with a back seat, or lives somewhere with alot of snow (the speed 6 is all-wheel drive). Every version of the Mazda 6 I have driven is great, and this includes my parents station wagon, I would recommend any of them to anybody.

first car

by monkey from on October 6, 2009

Nice car, with all the right features for an average needs. Nice performance when needed, i have the 4-cylinder and it still performs nicely. Nice handling to go along with that power. All around a good car at a reasonable price.

Most reliable car I've owned. Truly

by Mazdalover from New York on January 19, 2007

This is a car I would consider my sporty car. If you are a sporty person and you like to look cool as well, this is the car for you. Very reliable, drives like nothing. Sometimes when I leave the car runing I don't even hear it, i have to get my hears close to the hood just to see if the car is on or my wife had shut it off. Believe it or not, It is on. I have had mine over 1 year now, I have driven it from Long Island to Florida, and to Maryland. Man the speed on the Hwy was unbelievable. I did not get a ticked though. It's better that a corvette. I better stop here before I go myself another one.

Great car

by Dragz from Maryland on March 17, 2007

I purchased my Mazda6 (base model) used, with 18,000 miles on it, and I've never had a problem. I'm close to 43,000 now, and it still handles great, and has no problems. The body styling is nice and it has a lot of "get up and go" for a 4 cylinder automatic.

My fifth Mazda and more to follow

by Mazda Lifer from Calgary, AB on January 25, 2014

Up until buying my M-6, I had owned a two GLC's, a 323 and a 3 before. Only reasons for changing cars were..accident, girlfriend wanted an automatic and wanted new 3 (2004). My latest Mazda (6) was due wanting something bigger. I will admit I was a little leery of buying a Mazda that wasn't built in Japan (are built in Flat Rock, Michigan). However, Those concerns were put to rest back then, and after only $2.300 invested in my 6 since buying it in '05, I am thrilled with it. It has just over 50.000miles/ 87.000kms on it now, and she still hums like in the early days. The rear seats are a tad cramped, but still quite comfortable. The display guages are perfect, and still quite modern and I still love the controls on the steering wheel. Would I buy another one? Absolutely. I think Mazda is one of the most underrated companies. Their product is solid and extremely well built...no shortcuts here.

You will not regret being a Mazda 6 owner

by Chef Pomps from Seattle, Wa. on June 9, 2017

Bought one with high miles. Worried but was so impressed, I drove Seattle to Boston and back. Drove like new with 205,000 mi. only flat tire on way back. Finally let it go and found another 05 and this one is just as great. Love it.

Best car Ive owned

by Mazda6 Fan from CT on December 7, 2006

Love the car Only thing I would perfer is to have the heat controls in the steering wheel. Other wise I love it. I have the full package and its a real nice ride. Heated seats are nice for the winter also.

Nice Ride

by Speed seeker from San Antonio on April 20, 2008

I bought my 6 two years ago before a road trip from MD to TX. This is a great car. I can't think of many problems or issues. It handles like a sports car, has great suspension, appeal and fuel economic. One of my only issues is the horsepower. I wish this car had more kick to it. It's extremely slow off the line and has a hard time switching gears. Although, I'm about to upgrade to the Nissan 350Z, overall I'm satisfied with the 6.

Great Car

by Greggpvc from Dallas on November 19, 2008

Bought a 6 wagon used with 39000 miles. The v6 is fast and the 6 speed auto works well in auto mode as well as manual but do have to ease into it sometimes to be smooth off the line. Have the standard radio and it is fine although the upgrade could be better. Wife drives it most of the time. I have a 79 chevy pickup hot rod. price was great (for the Mazda, have to ask wife about the truck). Economy fine for a v6. I'm over 6' and there is plenty of room and haven't had problems.

Very reliable car

by Mazda6owner from Highlands on September 8, 2017

I'm ready to get another one but since my husband and I divorced in 2011 I couldn't afford another one. I'm so glad it is reliable and the ac still works. The seats and a few other things are wearing out but it has been a pretty good car overall.

1 2 3 4