Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2009 Mazda6

2009 Mazda Mazda6

2009 Mazda Mazda6

Have You Driven the 2009 Mazda Mazda6?

An excellent vehicle

by Matt from Pittsburgh, PA on Sat Nov 28 2009

I bought a 2009 Mazda 6, 4cyl i Touring with the convince package. This was to replace a 1996 Buick Regal which did me will in reliability and comfort. For starters, I really like the choice of trim levels?they offer you a full range of options, but they are mostly separated by trim level. You will have to pay attention to the trim levels to make sure you get what you want. Of note is that all of the safety features (ABS, traction control, side airbags, etc.) are standard on all trim levels. I wanted a car with similar power and comfort to my Buick, the Mazda 6 fits that bill. The 4 cyl is about as powerful as the 3800 v6 in the Buick, and slightly more fuel efficient. It does have a bit of a ?ricer? sound at higher RPMs. The 4 cyl does not lack in torque or passing power. The 6 handles much better than my Buick, particularly at speed. The 6 does 90 mph effortlessly. In contrast, 90 in the Buick (and most cars) is a white-knuckle thrill ride where one flinch could send you careening off the road. The 6 handles well in the rain, and corners very well. I guess this is what Mazda calls ?zoom-zoom.? My biggest criticism of the 6 is that it has a stiff ride. It has either softened up, or I have gotten used to it, so it doesn?t bother me much anymore. You will definitely notice it on a rougher road (e.g. the PA turnpike). This is the reason I give it a 4 star in comfort. I?ve only had the car for 6 months, so I haven?t seen any mechanical troubles. I am impressed that the engine seems to be designed with ease of maintenance in mind. I closely compared the 6 with the Lexus IS and Camry SE. The IS is a bit smaller, but has the smooth comfortable ride I like?but it was certainly not worth it for 15,000 more. The stark contrast is with Camry. The SE is the allegedly sporty version which is priced slightly higher than the 6 i touring (with the same options). The SE 4 cyl lacks in every category imaginable compared to the 6. Do what I did and thoroughly test drive the 6 first, then test drive the comparable Camry and you will see what I mean. The 6 was clearly designed to outdo Camry in every way imaginable, and Mazda succeeded at that. I would recommend the 6 to anyone looking for a mid-sized car who doesn?t want to pay the extra 15,000-30,000 for the mid-sized luxury marques.

I've been thoroughly amazed

by Amazed Mazda owner from Pueblo, co on Mon Apr 09 2012

I bought my 2009 Mazda6 two months ago and could not be pleased more. The performance of the car is outstanding, has plenty of pick up and go and I'm used to v8 power. The styling is classy and sporty I get compliments all the time when out and about. The leg room in the front and back is surprisingly spacious (I'm 6ft 1) and is comfortable on long trips. The only complaint I have is wind noise, the drivers door has a quite annoying wind noise and the sunroof is havin the same issue, quite annoying. I have an appointment soon to hopefully remedy this only issue I've had.

Great Experience!

by Roha from Washington DC. on Mon May 07 2012

I have owned this car for a while, previously owned a Toyota Camry 2008 for two years, and Hyundai Veracruz for one year, I highly recommend this car. The model I have I Grand Touring + Tech Package, with many features competing much more expensive cars. maintenance schedule is every 7500 miles. so drive without worry. I you dont care about gas prices go with 6 cyl for the ultimate joy of driving in economy family sedan. Much more fun to drive and responsive than Camry.

First Legitimate Car

by Zag from Eau Claire, WI on Thu Jul 21 2011

I bought my 2009 Mazda 6 I-Touring used so keep that in mind during my review. When I was car shopping I really only wanted an altima or a mazda 6. After driving both there really wasn't a large difference between the two. I liked both exterior styling and I knew both were "sporty" sedans, so I don't think I really could have gone wrong with either. Anyway, I ended getting an amazing deal for the 6 and I haven't had any regrets in almost 5000 miles. Obviously, I will be driving this for many years to come, but my first overall impression is that it is honestly everything I wanted in a midsized sedan. Everyone has their own opinion and their entitled to whatever they feel meets their needs, but if your looking for a fun to drive, nice looking, decent gas milage car, I would definitely recommend you at least test drive one and see for yourself.

Camry? Altima? Accord? Why!!

by Tom from Queens new york on Wed Feb 29 2012

After graduating Optometry school and my 95' BMW 318i carrying me through all the years, I finally decided to get something newer. I searched and searched and finally found a used preowned 2009 Mazda6 Grand Touring S, fully loaded with every available option offered. Its Frost white with black leather interior, HID's, blind spot detection, self leveling headlights, LED tail lights, rear spoiler, sunroof, heated seats, BOSE sound system, Navigation with Bluetooth, literlly every option from the factory this car has. What's more impressive is the 272hp produced from the V6, it's extremely fast and under hard acceleration it really picks up power. My friend who just bout a 2012 altima V6 wishes he had taken a little more time to do research since he absolutely loves mine. This is my first Mazda and from the reviews and my own personal personal experience with this car, I can't see why people would buy anything else. As a 28 year old entering the professional years of my life, I couldnt have chose a better vehicle. Also, I purchased the car for 15,550 with 36k.

Afordable fun

by Love to drive from Boston, MA on Mon May 28 2012

This car is an enjoyable experience. Great features that perform well. The styling of the interior and exterior are in tune with the car's sporty nature.

It's mainly the wife's car

by kyvince from Louisville, Ky on Thu Jan 21 2010

We purchased our Mazda 6s Grand Touring new, close to six months ago. Now have 3K miles. She loves it. My only complaint as a "car guy" is that road bumps are easily felt through the firm suspension. It rides very well on smooth roads, and handles well overall. Power with the V6 is more than adequate. It is a well constructed machine!

Buy one if you can!

by trincinf from Wilmington, DE on Wed Feb 03 2010

I love this car! I have had my S Grand Touring for a year now and have 20K miles on it. Only had one issue last summer with the A/C and cooling issues. The problem was a "known issue" and once it was fixed, no problems since. I have been very happy with the car, and never get tired of driving it. Here is a brief list of my pros/cons Pros transmission, acceleration, quality interior materials, navigation system, bluetooth, blind spot monitoring system is great, fun to drive Cons Advanced keyless entry not responsive enough when opening the door, the v6 is thirsty unless you baby it (duhhh!), road noise on cement roads, stereo is pretty good but could be better.

Most reliable car I've owned

by Mike from chicago on Wed Feb 03 2010

I've had mazda6(5spd))for over 5years,and that car has never broke down on me,not even once!85000miles

Real surprise

by New to mazda from Romeoville, IL on Tue Jul 28 2009

I really like this car its so quick for its size. Has a great sporty look and lots of features, like homelink, power seats, memory seats, push button start is so underrated never want to drive a car without it again

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2009 Mazda Mazda6

Midsize sedans have long been bought for practical reasons, such as the commute to work or to transport a family, but with the introduction of Mazda's redesigned Mazda6 for 2009, the Japanese automaker has given shoppers a new reason to look its way: style. The new Mazda6's daring lines come together to form a sedan that exposes just how plain-looking much of the competition is.

A midsize family sedan can't rely on looks alone, however, as substance is still at the heart of this market. Evaluated by this measuring stick, the Mazda6 still fares well, delivering a driving experience that's on the sporty side and a mostly high-grade interior. The Mazda6's only real miss — fuel economy — is... Read More