Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2012 Mazda6

2012 Mazda Mazda6

2012 Mazda Mazda6

Have You Driven the 2012 Mazda Mazda6?

Most under rated car in the class.

by Brutus from Frederick, MD on Sat Aug 25 2012

Drove mainly Hondas and when it came time for a new sedan to replace my 90s era accord I was impressed by just how much the Mazda 6 reminded me of the old school Hondas. Considered another Accord but didn't like how boring and mainstream the new Accord sedan was. Plus the value in the Mazda was much higher. You can't get the same level of performance and features in Camry and Accord for the same money. No problems thus far (6 months) and I love the body curves and the interior is top notch. Handling is good and yet still comfy on long trips. My only complaint is that I had to get the base level trim since I wanted a manual trans. Good alternative for anyone who enjoys the driving experience and likes value.

Best Family Sedan

by Muhammad Yasir from PLYMOUTH, MINNESOTA on Mon Mar 12 2012

I leased Mazda 6 in July 2011. It has driven 5000 miles now. The fuel economy is awesome. I got more than 31 MPG on long drives. City mileage is also good. My friends have Sedans from Honda and Toyota and they recommended me to buy them, but I went with Mazda 6 due to its sporty look. Now, they admire my choice. The car is comfortable and reliable. The ride is smooth. Engine has some sound in the garage when started but I like it too. At least car shows it is ON. This car is best for its price. I would recommend it to everyone.

2012 Mazda6

by Nickelsqueezer from Dubuque, IA on Mon Jan 23 2012

My final 2 choices were the Mazda6 and Honda Accord-SE. Comperably equiped, the Mazda 6 initially was less expensive. Look at estimated 5 year costs to see if you can make a deal to ensure lowest longer term costs as well. The Honda had a smoother ride where the Mazda had more road feel (something that I prefer) and more agile/responsive steering. The dash controls on the Mazda were more intuitively layed out than on the Accord at this trim level.

Thee best than the rest!

by Mazda6Fan from California on Sun Mar 20 2016

I am on my third Mazda product and this would be my second M6. Everything about this car I love. I've test drove the other brands and I was not impressed even with the reliability history. ANY car is reliable, it all depends on how you care for it and drive it. If you do your maintenance as scheduled, it'll be kind to you. The cabin space is HUGE and for people who are 6ft tall will find that it is very comfortable. The seats hug me when I'm in it and I feel safe. The ride is so joyful and controlled. In panic maneuvers, it responds so well. The car is big for it size and I'm surprised it's classified as midsize. The style of 09-13 models are beautiful. The 4cyl engine can be more powerful but its has more than adequate power. The V6 version is stronger but takes more gas. I get compliments everywhere I go. I am a proud owner. I will buy again from Mazda in the future.

Best bet for the money

by lead foot from Prairieville, LA on Wed Feb 01 2012

I really enjoy the Madza 6. Even though I had not driven a manual transmission in over 5 years, I was able to quickly maneuver the 6 speed. I feel that this car performs great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to purchase a new car.

LOVE MAZDA6

by CAR-Tester from on Thu Feb 19 2015

Car handling is too perfect on the turn as well as on high speed... The interiors & feature are great to have in sedan

Good, but not great

by DanA from Ft. Worth, TX on Mon Jan 16 2012

I've had this lease car for a little over two months and about 1900 miles now. It seems to get very good mileage, returning 31.5 MPG on a 500 mile trip the first month. That was about 90% hwy mileage at 70 MPH. It is quite comfortable and relatively quiet (especially on a smooth roadway. The handling is very sporty, as Mazdas are know for. The cruise control switches are a little unusual in their configuration on the steering wheel as compared to my Azera; not as intuitive. The salesman spent no time at all explaining the radio/dash controls. They are somnewhat intuitive, but I still haven't figured out the "SAT" buttons and don't know if I have satellite radio, or not. That is certainly not the car's faulth, however. The fact that I failed to test drive any other cars before leasing this one eats at me. Because I jumped on the first car I test drove (my rental car was about to expire following an accident) taints my enthusiasm somewhat. While I may have well wound up leasing this car (It drives like a dream and stops on a dime) I had no basis for comparison. The car I replaced was a 2006 Mazda3 and I expect the same level of reliability with this Mazda6, which was very good. The car is solid and looks nice, so I certainly don't mind "being stuck with it" for the next 33 months.

The best car ever.

by Sexy Ride from Texas on Fri Sep 14 2012

I have a 2012 Mazda 6, and I simply love my car. My husband has a new Mercedes that I drive sometimes. The Mazda drives very similar to the Mercedes. This is my first Mazda, and I am very surprised at what an awesome car it is. I would recommend this car to everybody that enjoys a comfortable, smooth and fun ride.

love my Mazda

by Neal from Los Angeles, CA on Fri Apr 20 2012

Traded in 2008 Accord for Mazda 6 three months ago. Although the Accord is reliable and never gave me problems, there is no comparison. I will never by an Accord again. I am at a loss why I dont see more out on the road. My dealer gives me free oil changes and car washes! yay!. If you are considering a Camry or an Accord, at least test drive the Mazda6 before you make your final decision.

Performance at a reasonable price point

by MH from Chicago on Wed Jul 18 2012

I had the Cx9 and then leased the 6 with pretty much all of the options. It is not a car you can call a head turner but I really like the way it drives. Very quick and comfortable. Feels like a sports car.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2012 Mazda Mazda6

Editor's note: This review was written in December 2009 about the 2010 Mazda6. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the three model years.

Mazda redesigned its midsize sedan just last year, but the radical new styling failed to bring in a legion of buyers. In fact, sales of the 6 slipped after the redesign, which rarely happens. Perhaps it was the troubled economy that kept buyers away, because after a week of testing a fairly well-equipped Mazda6, I can't for the life of me figure out what family-sedan shopper wouldn't be tempted by this car.

The ride is extremely comfortable, there's plenty of... Read More