Our Expert Review: 2015 Mazda Mazda6

needed a realiable ride

by from california on August 23, 2015

ok so i was looking for a car with great gas mileage because I drive a great distance to and from work. This car is very good on gas until you step on the pedal. It has great exceleration but the gas disappearers rather quickly. So much for speeding lol. It's very comfortable and spacious. The only problem I've had so far is the "GPS" It keeps telling me i'm on a totally different highway and will not recalculate. that is very frustrating. I will be taking it to the shop very soon. I hope it's a minor problem.

Vast improvement over previous generation 6

by from Scottsdale, AZ on November 11, 2014

My 2015 Mazda6 is one of the finest cars I have ever owned. First things first; the car is stunningly beautiful and is unlike the plain vanilla and overly conservative, "front-runners" in this segment. That means you Camry, Accord, Altima and even the Passat. Mazda has done a superb job in bringing this car to market, especially after becoming independent again. It's light, fuel-efficient and a joy to drive. Sure it won't win many drag races or handle like a Porsche, but that's the point; it's a family sedan with real personality, and soul for that matter - how many Japanese sedans can you say that about? While most mainstream family sedans are not driver-oriented, the 6 is an exception. Their SkyActive trademark is much more than a simple marketing term - it's the result of all the components of the car being designed from scratch, and in parallel. The result is an engine that produces more torque in the low rev range than nearly any other aspirated engine of similar displacement. The transmission shifts smoothly and faster than many other torque converter units. It also has multiple lock-up clutch discs so it can lock the torque converter faster and achiever higher fuel economy as a result. It even has a racing header on the engine so it can provide enough engine cooling to prevent pre-detonation with that lofty 13:1 compression ratio. The mere fact that Mazda designed and built an engine with a 13:1 compression ratio that runs on 87 octane is an astounding achievement. My ride to work is about 15 miles with some stop and go along the way. With 3000+ miles already driven, I've been averaging between 33 and 34 mpg when driving "gently" - not always the case with my right foot. :) In the typical Mazda fashion, the ride is slightly more taut but nothing that would bother a typical driver. The cockpit is driver-oriented and steering feedback is excellent for a front-drive car. My car has the 19" rims so road noise is slightly higher than the typical family sedan, but on smooth pavement it is composed and quiet. The car is fun to drive in the twisties and the chassis does a great job of communicating feedback to the driver. The seats are comfortable and side bolsters keep you from sliding around when the driving gets fun. The infotainment unit is on the small side. That never bothered me but it may bother others. It's easy to use once you master the command wheel. The TomTom GPS system is very accurate and generally easy to use, though I prefer a Garmin unit only because that's what I'm accustomed to. The quality of the interior materials is a HUGE step up from the previous model; which I also owned. Having owned the 2nd-gen model with the V6 engine, I was afraid that I was going to immediately miss the power of that engine. While the new vehicle doesn't accelerate nearly as fast, somehow the power "deficiency" is more than compensated for in the way the engine and transmission put that power to the road. In summary I can't say enough good things about the new 6.

A great car

by from Wildomar, ca on November 16, 2014

We love this car. It looks great and we just love the Snowflake white.With the latest technology, this car will stay ahead of its time for years to come

The most beautiful car I have ever seen,period!

by from I am a retired chef/baker from Murrieta,California on March 13, 2015

Great looks,performance and spectacular value are just a few of the many virtues of this fine motor car.From the mirror like finish to the subtle interior touches of this vehicle just screem drive me.The near silent idle of the engine to the blistering roar of a full throttle take off is pure magic.The way this car handles borders on perfection.I can not say enough about this marvelous work of modern automotive exelance.

Great Experience

by from Denver on March 21, 2016

Just picked up my new Mazda 6 Grand Touring S from Groove Mazda here in Denver. I have to give major props to Chris Chapman and Tavit for working so hard to make this a great experience for me and my wife. I couldn't be happier. Loving everything about the car so far, and the Sport package really adds pep and and a bit of extra stability in the turns. I can't wait to take it on a road trip now. And that you had me bring it back a day after purchase for a full detail and some extra gas? You guys rock! Thanks again Groove.

GREAT CAR!!! LOVE IT!!!

by from CHICAGO,IL on November 27, 2014

This is a very comfortable car to drive and you get it for a better price than other luxury cars. Good gas mileage with adequate power. I love the style inside and out.. The technology is nice you can answer your phone, listen to pandora or Iheart radio through Bluetooth. The safety is great blindspot monitor,backup camera, the headlights bend in a curve. I love this car it's SOUL RED GRAND TOURING I would buy it again.

The best until now for this class

by from saudi arabia on October 21, 2014

Sport and eco-car at the same time 100% value for money Stylish design As a University student I look for design and features and economy I found all of what I need in this car

More bang for the buck

by from Fort Worth, Texas on March 2, 2015

Just an overall great vehicle. You get a lot especially in the safety and fuel economy area. It really looks nice as well. It's not a top pick for nothing...Can't wait to get the windows tinted for the hot summer sun. Has surprisingly good acceleration and power. Make now mistake, Mazda is the " NEW " Honda/Toyota.. Dealership was nice and friendly. Will buy there again!

New Ride

by from Charleston, SC on February 10, 2015

Nice car, handles very well. Well equipped for the money. Great looking inside and out. Great dealership experience.

Zoom Zoom 6

by from Columbus, OH on April 7, 2016

I have a Mazda 6 Sport, manual shift. Love the car. Great response and handling. Under it all, it is just a big Miata, which I also have. I have had 0 problems in about 12K miles. Great on gas - mid 30's on the highway using regular.

Similar Models