2015 Mazda6

4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

Vast improvement over previous generation 6

by FusionGuy from Scottsdale, AZ on November 11, 2014

My 2015 Mazda6 is one of the finest cars I have ever owned. First things first; the car is stunningly beautiful and is unlike the plain vanilla and overly conservative, "front-runners" in this segment. That means you Camry, Accord, Altima and even the Passat. Mazda has done a superb job in bringing this car to market, especially after becoming independent again. It's light, fuel-efficient and a joy to drive. Sure it won't win many drag races or handle like a Porsche, but that's the point; it's a family sedan with real personality, and soul for that matter - how many Japanese sedans can you say that about? While most mainstream family sedans are not driver-oriented, the 6 is an exception. Their SkyActive trademark is much more than a simple marketing term - it's the result of all the components of the car being designed from scratch, and in parallel. The result is an engine that produces more torque in the low rev range than nearly any other aspirated engine of similar displacement. The transmission shifts smoothly and faster than many other torque converter units. It also has multiple lock-up clutch discs so it can lock the torque converter faster and achiever higher fuel economy as a result. It even has a racing header on the engine so it can provide enough engine cooling to prevent pre-detonation with that lofty 13:1 compression ratio. The mere fact that Mazda designed and built an engine with a 13:1 compression ratio that runs on 87 octane is an astounding achievement. My ride to work is about 15 miles with some stop and go along the way. With 3000+ miles already driven, I've been averaging between 33 and 34 mpg when driving "gently" - not always the case with my right foot. :) In the typical Mazda fashion, the ride is slightly more taut but nothing that would bother a typical driver. The cockpit is driver-oriented and steering feedback is excellent for a front-drive car. My car has the 19" rims so road noise is slightly higher than the typical family sedan, but on smooth pavement it is composed and quiet. The car is fun to drive in the twisties and the chassis does a great job of communicating feedback to the driver. The seats are comfortable and side bolsters keep you from sliding around when the driving gets fun. The infotainment unit is on the small side. That never bothered me but it may bother others. It's easy to use once you master the command wheel. The TomTom GPS system is very accurate and generally easy to use, though I prefer a Garmin unit only because that's what I'm accustomed to. The quality of the interior materials is a HUGE step up from the previous model; which I also owned. Having owned the 2nd-gen model with the V6 engine, I was afraid that I was going to immediately miss the power of that engine. While the new vehicle doesn't accelerate nearly as fast, somehow the power "deficiency" is more than compensated for in the way the engine and transmission put that power to the road. In summary I can't say enough good things about the new 6.

The most beautiful car I have ever seen,period!

by JR from I am a retired chef/baker from Murrieta,California on March 13, 2015

Great looks,performance and spectacular value are just a few of the many virtues of this fine motor car.From the mirror like finish to the subtle interior touches of this vehicle just screem drive me.The near silent idle of the engine to the blistering roar of a full throttle take off is pure magic.The way this car handles borders on perfection.I can not say enough about this marvelous work of modern automotive exelance.

Zoom Zoom 6

by Zoom 6 from Columbus, OH on April 7, 2016

I have a Mazda 6 Sport, manual shift. Love the car. Great response and handling. Under it all, it is just a big Miata, which I also have. I have had 0 problems in about 12K miles. Great on gas - mid 30's on the highway using regular.

More bang for the buck

by Zoomie from Fort Worth, Texas on March 2, 2015

Just an overall great vehicle. You get a lot especially in the safety and fuel economy area. It really looks nice as well. It's not a top pick for nothing...Can't wait to get the windows tinted for the hot summer sun. Has surprisingly good acceleration and power. Make now mistake, Mazda is the " NEW " Honda/Toyota.. Dealership was nice and friendly. Will buy there again!

Great Experience

by Happy in Denver from Denver on March 21, 2016

Just picked up my new Mazda 6 Grand Touring S from Groove Mazda here in Denver. I have to give major props to Chris Chapman and Tavit for working so hard to make this a great experience for me and my wife. I couldn't be happier. Loving everything about the car so far, and the Sport package really adds pep and and a bit of extra stability in the turns. I can't wait to take it on a road trip now. And that you had me bring it back a day after purchase for a full detail and some extra gas? You guys rock! Thanks again Groove.

Great Features

by Jacques from southern California on September 25, 2014

I'm 85 and not as great behind the wheel as when I was a road warrior. This car is loaded with the kind of warning features that make my journeys safer for me and my wife. Like any new piece of advanced machinery, you've got to take a little time to get used to the location and operating parameters of all the bells and whistles but it's totally worth the effort. This is by far the best car I've ever owned and I've owned dozens. -Jacques

Funnest car to drive that I've owned!

by BigRedFan from Lincoln, NE on June 9, 2018

This car has exceeded my expectations. A great value offering premium materials and styling with while delivering a fun driving experience. Performance is very spirited while delivering great gas mileage in the 29-30 mpg combined range. The aggressive stance and set-up of the vehicle makes for a little less comfortable ride, but the fun factor makes it worth it.

Zoom-Zoom Baby!

by BriesMazda from San Jose, CA on July 4, 2018

The Mazda6 is a very reliable and well designed vehicle. This car has a sleek body design and a nice grill on the front. The trim that I have is the Touring which features a comfortable leather interior, touch screen, Bluetooth/hands free technology, rear camera and a few other gadgets and gizmos. I purchased my vehicle used and put about 41,000 miles on it over the past 3 years I owned the car and have had minimal issues which has been a blessing. The car is good on gas and is great for a daily commuter as well as road trips. The one thing that bothers me about this particular model is that if you want a fully loaded car, you must purchase the grand touring which features a sunroof. My vehicle has the 6 speed manual transmission but Mazda only makes the grand touring in automatic. I would have loved to have a sunroof on the car.

Sexy and sophisticated 2015 Mazda6 Purchased

by Queen B from Memphis, TN on September 3, 2014

Reggie Norfleet has made purchasing a Mazda hassle free with internet prices. Reggie is a salesman for Gwatney Mazda of Germantown in Memphis, TN. A good friend told me that Reggie could beat any out of state internet prices on all new or used Mazdas. The last 10 years I?ve owned luxury autos but 5 or 6 years later the value never comes close to what I paid. For Example: I paid $43,000 for a 2009 Hyundai Genesis but it is only worth $6,000 as of June 1st of 2014 with an odometer reading 152,000 miles. This car is in excellent with no major repairs and it has never been in an accident. Reggie was extremely patient with me. As a savvy and sassy customer I wanted a Mazda6 basic model with the manual windows and cloth seats. No more over the top spending for an automobile that is worth only a nickel in five years. No more over the top spending for higher trims supposedly that adds desirable comfort, convenience, cosmetic, and technology features. After much discussions over the phone, Reggie and I set an appointment which I was more prepared to haggle over price than to purchase a car. I chose the Mazda6 for several reasons. This midsize sedan gets 26/38 mpg city/highway with the automatic transmission with a sleek and sophisticated body. The sexy colors that played to my personality was the Crystal Deep Blue with turquoise sparkles, snowflake white pearl, & soul red metallic. I wanted Reggie to show me the colors offered and the bottom line price without any sales pitch. I?ve done my homework and knew actually what I wanted to purchase and the price I was willing to pay. Reggie politely stated you don?t want to row down windows Ms. *****. You want some of the comforts and conveniences that you have had in the past and I could get them for you at a really good price. Immediately, my blood started boiling until I saw the 2015 Crystal Deep Blue with turquoise sparkles and sand leatherette seats that had only 36 miles. The gorgeous 19-inch alloys wheels and rear cross-traffic alert safety tech made the Mazda6 appeared spectacular. This Mazda6 fits my personality almost too perfect. Reggie went on to explain this Mazda6 came with the Moonroof/Bose/Satellite Radio package, a blind spot monitor and a power driver's seat, and advanced keyless entry and start. I quickly snapped out of my excited mode and folded my harms as to say what the price is. He slid the quote to me which was very close to what I was going to pay for the basic and he matched this particular Mazda to my personality. I was thrilled. This car was purchased in fifteen minutes after my arrival. I could not have asked for a better salesman. He took the time to explain all of the new features. Thanks Reggie, I purchased my 2015 Madza6 July 10th of 2014 and I am just as excited as the day I made my purchased.

best handling car I have purchased

by sports car enthusiast from Reading, PA on August 25, 2014

The car glides. I have only had the car 3 weeks, so I am unable to attest to the reliability. There is no blue tooth...it is my opinion that with today's safety concerns, there should be bluetooth in every new vehicle as standard equipment. I drove quite a few makes/models-looking for a manual transmission and this 6 speed is extremely smooth! The body style is very sleek. The overall interior is stylish.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9