2015 Mazda6

2015 Mazda Mazda6

2015 Mazda Mazda6

Have You Driven the 2015 Mazda Mazda6?

Vast improvement over previous generation 6

by FusionGuy from Scottsdale, AZ on Tue Nov 11 2014

My 2015 Mazda6 is one of the finest cars I have ever owned. First things first; the car is stunningly beautiful and is unlike the plain vanilla and overly conservative, "front-runners" in this segment. That means you Camry, Accord, Altima and even the Passat. Mazda has done a superb job in bringing this car to market, especially after becoming independent again. It's light, fuel-efficient and a joy to drive. Sure it won't win many drag races or handle like a Porsche, but that's the point; it's a family sedan with real personality, and soul for that matter - how many Japanese sedans can you say that about? While most mainstream family sedans are not driver-oriented, the 6 is an exception. Their SkyActive trademark is much more than a simple marketing term - it's the result of all the components of the car being designed from scratch, and in parallel. The result is an engine that produces more torque in the low rev range than nearly any other aspirated engine of similar displacement. The transmission shifts smoothly and faster than many other torque converter units. It also has multiple lock-up clutch discs so it can lock the torque converter faster and achiever higher fuel economy as a result. It even has a racing header on the engine so it can provide enough engine cooling to prevent pre-detonation with that lofty 13:1 compression ratio. The mere fact that Mazda designed and built an engine with a 13:1 compression ratio that runs on 87 octane is an astounding achievement. My ride to work is about 15 miles with some stop and go along the way. With 3000+ miles already driven, I've been averaging between 33 and 34 mpg when driving "gently" - not always the case with my right foot. :) In the typical Mazda fashion, the ride is slightly more taut but nothing that would bother a typical driver. The cockpit is driver-oriented and steering feedback is excellent for a front-drive car. My car has the 19" rims so road noise is slightly higher than the typical family sedan, but on smooth pavement it is composed and quiet. The car is fun to drive in the twisties and the chassis does a great job of communicating feedback to the driver. The seats are comfortable and side bolsters keep you from sliding around when the driving gets fun. The infotainment unit is on the small side. That never bothered me but it may bother others. It's easy to use once you master the command wheel. The TomTom GPS system is very accurate and generally easy to use, though I prefer a Garmin unit only because that's what I'm accustomed to. The quality of the interior materials is a HUGE step up from the previous model; which I also owned. Having owned the 2nd-gen model with the V6 engine, I was afraid that I was going to immediately miss the power of that engine. While the new vehicle doesn't accelerate nearly as fast, somehow the power "deficiency" is more than compensated for in the way the engine and transmission put that power to the road. In summary I can't say enough good things about the new 6.

The most beautiful car I have ever seen,period!

by JR from I am a retired chef/baker from Murrieta,California on Fri Mar 13 2015

Great looks,performance and spectacular value are just a few of the many virtues of this fine motor car.From the mirror like finish to the subtle interior touches of this vehicle just screem drive me.The near silent idle of the engine to the blistering roar of a full throttle take off is pure magic.The way this car handles borders on perfection.I can not say enough about this marvelous work of modern automotive exelance.

More bang for the buck

by Zoomie from Fort Worth, Texas on Mon Mar 02 2015

Just an overall great vehicle. You get a lot especially in the safety and fuel economy area. It really looks nice as well. It's not a top pick for nothing...Can't wait to get the windows tinted for the hot summer sun. Has surprisingly good acceleration and power. Make now mistake, Mazda is the " NEW " Honda/Toyota.. Dealership was nice and friendly. Will buy there again!

Great Features

by Jacques from southern California on Thu Sep 25 2014

I'm 85 and not as great behind the wheel as when I was a road warrior. This car is loaded with the kind of warning features that make my journeys safer for me and my wife. Like any new piece of advanced machinery, you've got to take a little time to get used to the location and operating parameters of all the bells and whistles but it's totally worth the effort. This is by far the best car I've ever owned and I've owned dozens. -Jacques

Zoom Zoom 6

by Zoom 6 from Columbus, OH on Thu Apr 07 2016

I have a Mazda 6 Sport, manual shift. Love the car. Great response and handling. Under it all, it is just a big Miata, which I also have. I have had 0 problems in about 12K miles. Great on gas - mid 30's on the highway using regular.

Sexy and sophisticated 2015 Mazda6 Purchased

by Queen B from Memphis, TN on Wed Sep 03 2014

Reggie Norfleet has made purchasing a Mazda hassle free with internet prices. Reggie is a salesman for Gwatney Mazda of Germantown in Memphis, TN. A good friend told me that Reggie could beat any out of state internet prices on all new or used Mazdas. The last 10 years I?ve owned luxury autos but 5 or 6 years later the value never comes close to what I paid. For Example: I paid $43,000 for a 2009 Hyundai Genesis but it is only worth $6,000 as of June 1st of 2014 with an odometer reading 152,000 miles. This car is in excellent with no major repairs and it has never been in an accident. Reggie was extremely patient with me. As a savvy and sassy customer I wanted a Mazda6 basic model with the manual windows and cloth seats. No more over the top spending for an automobile that is worth only a nickel in five years. No more over the top spending for higher trims supposedly that adds desirable comfort, convenience, cosmetic, and technology features. After much discussions over the phone, Reggie and I set an appointment which I was more prepared to haggle over price than to purchase a car. I chose the Mazda6 for several reasons. This midsize sedan gets 26/38 mpg city/highway with the automatic transmission with a sleek and sophisticated body. The sexy colors that played to my personality was the Crystal Deep Blue with turquoise sparkles, snowflake white pearl, & soul red metallic. I wanted Reggie to show me the colors offered and the bottom line price without any sales pitch. I?ve done my homework and knew actually what I wanted to purchase and the price I was willing to pay. Reggie politely stated you don?t want to row down windows Ms. *****. You want some of the comforts and conveniences that you have had in the past and I could get them for you at a really good price. Immediately, my blood started boiling until I saw the 2015 Crystal Deep Blue with turquoise sparkles and sand leatherette seats that had only 36 miles. The gorgeous 19-inch alloys wheels and rear cross-traffic alert safety tech made the Mazda6 appeared spectacular. This Mazda6 fits my personality almost too perfect. Reggie went on to explain this Mazda6 came with the Moonroof/Bose/Satellite Radio package, a blind spot monitor and a power driver's seat, and advanced keyless entry and start. I quickly snapped out of my excited mode and folded my harms as to say what the price is. He slid the quote to me which was very close to what I was going to pay for the basic and he matched this particular Mazda to my personality. I was thrilled. This car was purchased in fifteen minutes after my arrival. I could not have asked for a better salesman. He took the time to explain all of the new features. Thanks Reggie, I purchased my 2015 Madza6 July 10th of 2014 and I am just as excited as the day I made my purchased.

Great Experience

by Happy in Denver from Denver on Mon Mar 21 2016

Just picked up my new Mazda 6 Grand Touring S from Groove Mazda here in Denver. I have to give major props to Chris Chapman and Tavit for working so hard to make this a great experience for me and my wife. I couldn't be happier. Loving everything about the car so far, and the Sport package really adds pep and and a bit of extra stability in the turns. I can't wait to take it on a road trip now. And that you had me bring it back a day after purchase for a full detail and some extra gas? You guys rock! Thanks again Groove.

Most fun car I've owned

by M6 guy from Southern Wisconsin on Mon Oct 13 2014

Smallest car I've owned but doesn't drive like a little car. Love the fuel economy. I have check mileage on every tank. In 4000 miles we have averaged 33.8 mph with a high of 39.8 on one tank. Handling is good with enough power. Love the electronics. Lazer blind spot and cross traffic feature is awesome. Ours is the Grand Touring model and I have to say so far it is the best all around car we have ever owned.

Great Vehicle

by flacoface from McCordsville, IN on Mon May 11 2015

This vehicle does everything well. My only complaint is the rather smallish infotainment screen. The "mouse like" selector on the center console is similar to the German luxury brands. Car and Driver magazine ranked the Mazda 6 number one among midsized family sedans and included it in their 10 Best cars overall for 2015. This and reliability data from Consumer Reports influenced my purchase.

Fantastic Drivers car!!!

by Bader from Fort Wayne,IN on Fri May 23 2014

Excellent,Fantastic Car, Could not have made a better choice. GREAT MPG & PERFORMANCE,BEST PRICE TOO!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2015 Mazda Mazda6

Editor's note: This review was written in February 2013 about the 2014 Mazda6. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2015, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

I've always liked the driver-focused nature and distinctive design of the Mazda6 midsize sedan, but its sales have languished far below the class leaders. For 2014, Mazda makes another charge at the segment heavyweights with an all-new version.

Besides sharp styling and a sporty driving experience, the 2014 Mazda6 comes armed with something even more important that positions it to challenge the segment leaders: fuel economy that's at the top of the class.

At an... Read More