NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 Mazda6

2016 Mazda Mazda6

2016 Mazda Mazda6

Have You Driven the 2016 Mazda Mazda6?

Fantastic mid sized car

by Jordan in MN from Coon Rapids, MN on Tue Aug 30 2016

To be fair, I am quite partial to Mazda's. They make great looking cars, that are fairly dependable. I previously owned a Mazda3, and moved up to the 6 as I wanted something a little bigger. The interior is bigger, but not by a large margin, the trunk is noticeably bigger though, which was a draw. The estimated MPGs on the car I think are understated. I get about 33-35 in the city, which leads me to believe i would get in the mid to upper 40's on the highway (my 3 was rated at 41 on the highway, and I frequently got it to 48, and even up to 55 on a few occasions) I am just blown away by the mileage on the car. Doesn't even require premium! Definitely a car to consider if you are in the market for a new car

A most pleasant surprise

by Ol' Guy car buff from Marysville, WA on Sat Oct 03 2015

On first glance, Mazda6 Grand Touring looked very elegant; attractive body configuration and stance. The Pearl finish paint job adds a special flair to the vehicle. I was kind of taken aback by the 4-cylinder engine but was superbly impressed by its performance. Doing the North Cascade loop gave me the chance to test the abilities of the traction control, steering, handling and acceleration. The smooth handling at turns, high speed, and braking was exceptional. I was overwhelmed by the outstanding performance that I expect from a high-priced vehicle. My only gripe about the vehicle overall; the road noise is not efficiently muffled and spoils the good quality of the vehicle.

One Sweet Ride

by DeepCrystalBlue Touring 6 from Pensacola, FL on Sat Jul 30 2016

After a lot of research I decided to buy a Mazda. I have to thank Jay and Tom at the Port Richey dealership for all their help. The Mazda "driving matters" philosophy is one I agree with. Cars should be not only reliable and economical but fun to drive too. The 2016 Mazda 6 is all these things. Plus the design is gorgeous both inside and out. It has a solid, well crafted feel. As others have mentioned, it really feels like a more expensive car. It's comfortable and fun to drive. The steering feel is excellent. The ride is firm but not harsh. It holds the road extremely well. The interior is absolutely stunning. I don't think road and wind noise are at all excessive. Power is more than adequate, especially when you put the transmission on the "sport" setting. If you want a practical midsize car that's actually a pleasure to drive, you should really give the Mazda 6 a try. You won't regret it!

LOVE LOVE LOVE My 2016 Mazda 6 GT

by Extremely Hard to Satisfy from Alexandria, LA on Tue Aug 11 2015

I don't even know where to start!! I absolutely love this car!! I wanted a 2015 Mustang but when I found out a baby was on the way I decided to get a sedan and am so glad I did!!! Looked at a Ford Fusion but it did not even compare to this car!! The white leather is gorgeous with the Soul Red Metallic paint!! It gets awesome gas mileage. I drive 80 miles a day highway aggressively and I still get 37 MPG. My family has had Mazdas and they are the best cars they have ever owned!! They have all gotten well over 200K. I am very hard to satisfy when buying a car and it's like this car was designed specifically for me!!! I absolutely love all of the features that it has to offer!! I usually don't keep a car for very long but definitely considering keeping this one for a while. The Bose sound system is a must and the heads up display is a awesome feature!!! This is in my opinion the best looking midsize sedan on the road hands down!!

Bang for the Buck

by Newsea25 from Cape Cod MA on Thu Jun 04 2015

Leased a 2016 Mazda 6 Sport, trading in my 2010 Mazda 3 I Touring. This car is everything advertised and is certainly worthy of Car & Driver's top ten distinction. Comfortable with plenty of pep. After one week I can verify gas mileage is outstanding. Interior enhancements over 2015 are significant. Looks and feels like a true luxury car. Prior to leasing I test drove a 2015 Avalon. For 33K it had an incredibly cheap interior. Funny, but my 2010 Mazda 3 had one of the best interiors I've ever seen. As good as the 2016 6 is it isn't as good as my 2010. Sticker said it came with 6 speakers. Mine has 9 and they all work. Overall stereo sound for a stock system is very good. After driving for 5 days I'm still in discovery mode. Don't regret this one bit. Great car for the money!

Very Reliable car

by Touring Sedan Expert from trumbull ct on Fri Mar 11 2016

My new Mazda 6 is a sweet ride. It handles and corners very well. The ride is comfortable and it has excellent acceleration. The fuel mileage is exceptional. The interior/exterior fit and finish are truly first rate. This is a fun car to driver. I am extremely pleased with all the features of the Mazda 6 touring sedan.

Safe, Reliable, Fun, and Enjoyable

by rockie90 from Riverside, California on Thu Mar 09 2017

This car has proven to be the best investment I have ever made. 27-29 miles per gallon is what I average on about 60/40 street to highway driving. The comfort rating is 4/5 stars because of the middle seat leg room in the back of the car, but for about 90% of my drives and even Lyft rides, there isn't much need for that seat. This car feels and performs like a luxury car and this is coming from owning one(2008 328i). The steering is very connected and you will always feel in control. Although this model wasn't intended to be a sports car, it is still fun to drive, and will never fail you. I love that Mazda has included a lot of safety features standard and at a reasonable price point. Needless to say of the 8 cars our large family has, 6 are Mazdas, and the other two are a Prius and Work Truck!!!

Great car

by ChefG from Tacoma, WA on Wed Dec 20 2017

I love all the safety features, and radar cruise control, side traffic warning, etc. Could improve cabin noise, and rear backup camera when it rains can be hard to see. Huge trunk. Great handling and steering. Fun to drive. Gas mileage is very economical on the freeway, and in the city

Awesome car, great value!

by Kaylexi11 from Wayne on Fri Mar 31 2017

Have driven BMW, Cadillac and Audi for the past 15 years, very impressed with the Mazda drives like an expensive luxury car without the price.

Best family sedan to stand out in the crowd

by Vigneshraj Sekar Babu from Maryland Heights, MO on Wed Jun 07 2017

After lots of research, test drives and countless hours reading reviews and forums bought a Mazda 6 2016 GT and I am in love with it since day one. Love the exterior styling and driving dynamics. feels like a more powerful car with Sports Mode ON. I am loving it and can't get over the bragging about the car. You won't be disappointed with this one.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2016 Mazda Mazda6

Mid-size cars are often boring, but they don't have to be, and Mazda's is anything but: The 2016 Mazda6 excites with its dynamic looks, sophisticated interior and agile road manners.

For 2016, the Mazda6 sedan gets a mild exterior face-lift along with a revised control layout and upgraded cabin materials. Compare the 2015 and 2016 models here.

The Mazda6 competes in a large class of midsize sedans, including the Honda Accord, Ford Fusion and Toyota Camry; compare them here.

Exterior & Styling
When I spotted the Mazda6 in Cars.com's parking garage, it happened to be sandwiched between two late-model midsize sedan competitors, the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. It easily out-styled... Read More