2012 MazdaSpeed3

2012 Mazda MazdaSpeed3

2012 Mazda MazdaSpeed3

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have you driven the 2012 Mazda MazdaSpeed3?

Surprises me and friends every day!

by 5.0 jack from Oahu Hawaii on Sun Jul 08 2012

Well when I sold my truck I decided I wanted to buy myself a new car. I passed by the mazda dealership and I saw a 2008 rx-8 for sale. I've owned mostly z28 camaros and 5.0 mustangs I've never owned a 4 cylinder car that was fast, however I owned a mazda6 back in 2008. I knew Mazda's have great handling and after being disappointed with the rx-8 mostly because no low end torque and terrible practicality. The salesman said "have you ever driven a mazdaspeed3?" I laughed at first in my head thinking: a Hatchback?: of course I decided to humor him. What I discovered was an amazing fun car for the price with enough features to keep a old car driver like me very happy. I felt like I was driving a top of the line car. The things I don't like about the car... The interior is a little over the top in the way of looking like a 5 year old created it. I say that because of the ridiculous red splashes in the seats. I do like the leather accents which make it feel premium, without a premium price. The clutch take up could be significantly better and the 0-60 throttle restriction did nothing to curb the tremendous torque steer. The powerband drops off a little bit too early which makes you yearn for more every time you do a sprint though the gears, as it feels like your redline is 6000 rpm which is where I notice a drop in the high end power. That aside this is an amazing car and as long as you keep your foot out of it you can get 28+ miles per gallon. If you are looking for the most comfortable hot hatch this is not where you look, however if you are looking for the best front drive fast hatch on the market for under 30k look no further than the mazdaspeed3. This car has me smiling everytime I get behind the wheel.

Look forward to driving it daily

by badactor from Westfield, Ma. on Tue May 08 2012

I am a salesman and drive 60 to 120 miles a day. I bought this vehicle to make my job fun. I have had 5 Mustangs going back to 1968. All had 5.0 v8. The Speed 3 is more fun because of the lack of bulk compared to the Mustgangs. I need 4 doors and I love the technology and the Blue tooth phone system is excellent. The Bose 10 speaker system is great. I rate the steering on this car as good as you can get on a front driver. If I have a beef its the electronic gas pedal. It is very difficult to match revs during normal driving. Blasting through the gears is the solution but it gets you tickets. I bought a Scion TC in 2011 but it was hard to work out of and the Honda Civic SI guys always wanted to race you. They knew they could win. I don't get that with the Speed 3. Just buy one and start having fun, they are the best bang for the buck I have owned.

Nice sports car

by Mazdaspeed 3 from Houston, TX on Sat Nov 05 2011

Bought new 2012 mazdaspeed 3 a month ago. Car drives amazing. Interior is nicely designed. its got more than enough power to keep up with the v8s. Only thing I don't enjoy that much is the suspension. It is a little harsh for daily use. Overall it's one of best sports car I have owned.

Fun sporty car!

by RaddRacer from Salem, OR on Mon Dec 11 2017

This is a great car for anyone who enjoys driving on and off the track. Big enough to take the family anywhere but still small and nibble at the same time. Only true downside is that its not all wheel drive.

Mazdaspeed 3

by Zoom-zoom from on Wed Jun 13 2012

Awesome, fast, inexpensive, fun! This is a great car as a daily driver or weekend track car. Tech package has a ton of premium options.

Fun to Drive? Oh yeah!

by Home Health RN from Oregon on Mon Nov 07 2011

This car is my daily driver here in the Northwest US. I looked at many different cars online and in magazines and decided on this one for the following reasons: 1) Fun to drive. 2) Good relability. 3) Reasonable Gas Mileage. 4) Limited slip differential. 5) Practicality of the hatchback design. The car came with good summer performance tires; a set of Continental DWS All Seasons gave it a little loss of handling but much quieter and slightly softer ride. The standard equipment and interior are excellent for the price.

Funnnnnn!!!!!!!

by Andale! Andale! Arriba! Arriba! from Nh on Wed Feb 01 2012

This car puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel!! I only wish it was a 5 speed cause 1st gear in pretty much useless when you mash the throttle!!!

Keeps me smiling

by sadak from St. Louis, Mo on Wed Dec 05 2012

Other than the shifting which I enhanced with a after market rear motor mount, and short shifting plate/bushings, and premium synthetic transmission fluid. I love everything about this car. I purchased mine used with the tech package which the keyless entry push button start is my favorite.

Mazdaspeed 3

by Jseams from San Mateo, CA on Mon Aug 20 2012

This car is blast to drive... fast and nimble. I still find myself surprised by how much brute power this little car has packed under that hood. Fast and fun to drive.. what more can anybody ask for when it comes to a hatchback? =p

Performance on a budget

by zoobadger from chicago, il on Thu Feb 16 2012

Great handling car with effortless acceleration and very good braking. Although the styling is controversial, the aggressive looks succeed on the Mazdaspeed3 with the lower suspension, wider wheels, and low profile tires. The hood scoop and large rear spoiler also complement the aggressive styling. I use the car for everyday driving and have kids, four and nine, who love riding with me. Decent room in the hatch. One element that is both a benefit and a drawback: it comes with excellent high performance tires, but if you live in a snowy climate you'll need a winter tire and wheel package. But with winter tires it'll pull you through very reliably and safely.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2012 Mazda MazdaSpeed3

Thanks to new drivetrains, the 2012 Mazda3 has fuel economy ratings as high as 40 mpg on the highway. That's a big gain over last year that addresses a major shortcoming in the brand's most popular car. After all, at least five 40-mpg competitors will be on sale by this summer. The bandwagon is unstoppable, and now Mazda has a seat on board.

The 2012 Mazda3's refinement issues will linger until the car gets a full redesign, but its driving fun and fuel efficiency keep the car competitive.

The Mazda3 comes as a sedan or hatchback with four available engines and essentially 11 versions, including the turbocharged Mazdaspeed3. Two trim levels have the suffix "SkyActiv," which represents high-mileage technology... Read More