Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1996 MPV

1996 Mazda MPV

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 1996 Mazda MPV?

Very reliable--one of the best I've owned

by JAMJTM from Helen, GA on Fri Sep 05 2008

No problems here--it's been one of the best purchases I've made. I have owned this van for six years and 75,000 miles...it's been great from day one. It handles and sits like a car with all the conveniences of a van. The styling is nice, too. Highly reliable and one of the best values for a van.

Multi-purpose?

by jasmin from Florida on Tue Aug 08 2006

My husband and I are semi-retired and wanted a vehicle we could drive for everyday use but also use when we went "garage saleing" on the weekends or when the gran-kids visited on occasion. We sometimes take the grandchildren to Disney world in the summer and the third seat comes in real handy. It drives real easy and is easy for me (I'm 4'11" tall) to see out of. Other than normal maintenence we, are very satisfied with the van.

Our Take on the 1996 Mazda MPV

Imagine you're a product planner for Mazda. For years, you've been tryingto peddle the MPV and have met with limited success. Meanwhile, you don't havea sport utility to sell, even as that type of vehicle takes off in sales.

What to do?

If you said rework the MPV and make it a sport utility van, a hybrid of thetwo, you might have a career as an automotive product planner.

The MPV gets a restyled front end this year, and it's distinctively Mazdain flavor. The swing-out doors continue, and this year a left-side passengerdoor is added.

The rear-wheel drive MPV is about the length of a compact car. But it'sclose to 72 inches tall, almost an inch higher than last year, the result of areworked suspension... Read More