2000 Mazda Mpv

Great Car

by from Olympia, WA on January 1, 2016

I bought my Mazda 200 MPV new in 2000 and have driven it about 230,000 miles. Very little repair. Still looks great even though it has only seen the outside of our garage in it's 16 years. At that is in the rainy Northwest.

Most reliable car I've owned

by from Arizona on September 10, 2014

Bought new in 2000. Was my main car for first 8 years, then only used on vacation, and is now my main car again. I've never had any major problems, but mine only has 40,000 miles on it. I've replaced the tires, serpentine belt and water pump. I hate that the visor mirror doors came loose and have to be permanently clipped closed to avoid running down the battery due to the bilt-in lite. I've driven the car across country and don't find it to be as sluggish as some complain it is. I regularly drive it at 80 mph and it goes just fine. I also like that I can fit my bicycle into it upright without removing any wheels. The third row seat has been stowed in my car since I bought it. You can fit loads of stuff with that seat stowed. Very dependable.

Bought used in 2003 and still drive!

by from Coppell, Texas on February 8, 2014

Been a very good vehicle for me for over 10 years. I do most of the work on it myself. But I find, with proper maintenance it purrs like a kitten. At 111K, still has original Tranny, engine, water pump, alternator, starter. I have had to change one window motor, three power door locks, one instrument cluster, two radios, spark plugs/wires. The wife wants me to get rid of it, but I have never lost my love for it and all the practical things it can do for my family.

Smh

by from New York ny on February 28, 2013

I bout ths car for 2800 n only had it for two day n already had to fix things I'm trying to return the car now

Great Van

by from Ontario Canada on January 12, 2013

We bough our 2000 MPV 3 years ago, and its been great we were lucky to find one with the Mileage it had, it only has 172000 on it now and we have been everywhere with it. This van is way ahead of its time, the rear fold flat seat that you can flip up and tail gate out of it is great!! I am a Honda guy but for the price of an Odyssey I'd rather get another MPV . Minor rust was an issue but I knew about it from reading info on cars.com.My van was Krown oil sprayed by the previous owners and I have continued to spray it every other year and the body is it great shape. We have a 2010 Dodge Caravan with a 3.3 ltr and the 2.5 Mazda is much more peppy I don't understand how but it does. I sold my 5th Honda accord to buy the MPV and I don't regret it. Wish they still made these.

Very reliable van for us

by from Los Angeles, CA on December 26, 2012

Not sure if anyone would want to read about a 2000 MPV (I'm writing this in 2012) and just sold it. But, I'd have to say it was a van that definitely met our family's needs! The right size for our small garage but plenty of room inside for all kinds of stuff for shopping, camping, carrying kids and friends. The innovations in this van was beyond others (e.g. mid-windows come down, back row flip out for tailgating). Too bad Mazda didn't want to build more after 2006. BTW, we replaced our 2000 with a 2005 MPV recently. Can't be happier that we found a very clean and low mileage one.

Most wonderful car that we bought it.

by from Lebanon, PA on January 27, 2012

We bought today(Jan. 27,2012) the Mazda MPV that this dealer have it, there are in the condition that they mentioned in this web page, they are friendly, trustly people and they help us in everything ,we recomended to everybody this dealer and we recomended this kind of car and we recomended also CARS.COM, Thank's.

I boat a secund car Mazda MPV

by from itasca on January 4, 2011

I drive a mazda MPV my secund one. It is reliable and comfortable . Never anexpected probleme.In 2 years a flat tire , the only probleme i experienced.

Mazda MPV

by from Middlebury, VT on April 20, 2010

Its a great for the family. I used to have one. I love that car. And i never had any problem with it. I love it because i can go anywhere with 6/7 people at a time..

Great, Reliable Van for the Price!

by from Milwaukee, WI on July 23, 2009

I had a 1996 Rav 4 prior to buying my 2000 Mazda MPV. Even though the RAV 4 was a good car, it was too hard for me to get my daughter in and out of the back seat. I am tall and it wasn't working for me. I broke down and decided I had to buy a mini-van. The Honda Oddessy and Toyota Sienna were grossly over priced for what you get. I know Honda and Toyota make faster vans, but, come on mini-vans are utilitarian vehicles and are not the most stylish vehicle to drive. So, who needs to go fast in them? Most of the American mini-vans had bad reliability ratings. I'm sorry to say I also heard some nightmare stories of people who owned an American made mini-van. Therefore, I steered clear of the American made mini-vans. That left me the Mazda MPV. It was priced the same as a used American mini-van but the reliability was that of a Toyota or Honda, according to consumer reports. It also received a 5 star crash rating. With kids, a good crash-rating is everything. I bought my Mazda used in 2007 with 60,000 miles for $8,000. I am now pushing 100,000 miles and have not had any problems with this van aside from general maintenance (brakes, oil changes and new tires). However, I have experienced some glichy things like moisture getting in the door latches (mainly the sliding side doors). Not sure how this happens but it can be kind of a pain in very cold days in the winter. I have to let the car heat up inside the cabin and then I can open the back doors. I needed to replace the back door latch to the hatch because it got stuck and I could not open it. The cost was about $100 to replace the latch on the hatch door. But, if that's the worst for a used $8,000 van and putting almost 40,000 miles on it since, I'll take it!!! Keep in mind, there is no perfect car. If you're going to buy this car check the history to make sure it was not in an accident. Vehicles will have problems, but the Mazda is a good deal for the money. I think you will find it will require little maintenance if you keep up on the regular maintenance issues. For someone who didn't want a mini-van, I am very pleased with the reliability and comfortable, quiet ride this van has given me.

Our Expert Review: 2000 Mazda Mpv