2000 MPV

$981 - $4,201  MSRP Range
2000 Mazda MPV

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2000 Mazda MPV?

Watch for corrosion

by ronj from tampa, fl on Tue May 29 2007

I purchased a 2000 MPV used in 2001 because of my rapidly expanding family and trusted the quality of Mazda because of another vehicle of theirs I owned (1993 Protege one major problem in nine years). Generally speaking, the mechanicals of the van are exceptional and it has performed well in the six years I have owned it. The reason for the low review is the corrosion issue that seems to plague this model from 2000 to 2004 so far. The corrosion is extensive for a vehicle this young. The first place I noticed it was on the hood where it has now perforated. Investigating the hood further revealed the entire front edge is corroding and the underside has a large piece missing. A seal is attached to the front edge and because of corrosion it is no longer sealing water from entering the engine compartment; therefore, exposing electrical and other components to the damaging effects of water. The other places corrosion has shown up are the door edges primarily at the bottom but also around the windows, the rear lift hatch along the bottom edge and hydraulic pistons that hold the rear door open which can be a safety issue if the pistons fail, and in the rear wheel well area. I would caution anyone looking to purchase this van used to look in these areas for corrosion; if any corrosion is present move onto your next choice.

Does not recommend this car!!

BEST USED VAN I EVER BOUGHT

by Hooked on MPV from Boston, Ma. on Tue Jun 19 2007

I bought my 2000 MPV ES back in 05. It had over 60,000 miles. I've never had any major problems, no corrosion problems. Just your average maintenance issues. I based my purchase after doing some research reading The Consumer's Report which gave the 2000 and 01 MPV a very favorable report to buy used.

I boat a secund car Mazda MPV

by Io from itasca on Tue Jan 04 2011

I drive a mazda MPV my secund one. It is reliable and comfortable . Never anexpected probleme.In 2 years a flat tire , the only probleme i experienced.

Worst Reliable car I've Owned

by Family car driver from Montreal, Canada on Sat Mar 15 2008

About every mechanical component except motor and transmission have been change once or more. (3 alternators, 1 water pump, cooling lines leaking , back door shocks, ...) Driving is o.k.

Does not recommend this car!!

Bought used in 2003 and still drive!

by Bill from Texas from Coppell, Texas on Sat Feb 08 2014

Been a very good vehicle for me for over 10 years. I do most of the work on it myself. But I find, with proper maintenance it purrs like a kitten. At 111K, still has original Tranny, engine, water pump, alternator, starter. I have had to change one window motor, three power door locks, one instrument cluster, two radios, spark plugs/wires. The wife wants me to get rid of it, but I have never lost my love for it and all the practical things it can do for my family.

Great Van

by Converted Honda lover from Ontario Canada on Sat Jan 12 2013

We bough our 2000 MPV 3 years ago, and its been great we were lucky to find one with the Mileage it had, it only has 172000 on it now and we have been everywhere with it. This van is way ahead of its time, the rear fold flat seat that you can flip up and tail gate out of it is great!! I am a Honda guy but for the price of an Odyssey I'd rather get another MPV . Minor rust was an issue but I knew about it from reading info on cars.com.My van was Krown oil sprayed by the previous owners and I have continued to spray it every other year and the body is it great shape. We have a 2010 Dodge Caravan with a 3.3 ltr and the 2.5 Mazda is much more peppy I don't understand how but it does. I sold my 5th Honda accord to buy the MPV and I don't regret it. Wish they still made these.

Most reliable car I've owned

by Trinibeens from Arizona on Wed Sep 10 2014

Bought new in 2000. Was my main car for first 8 years, then only used on vacation, and is now my main car again. I've never had any major problems, but mine only has 40,000 miles on it. I've replaced the tires, serpentine belt and water pump. I hate that the visor mirror doors came loose and have to be permanently clipped closed to avoid running down the battery due to the bilt-in lite. I've driven the car across country and don't find it to be as sluggish as some complain it is. I regularly drive it at 80 mph and it goes just fine. I also like that I can fit my bicycle into it upright without removing any wheels. The third row seat has been stowed in my car since I bought it. You can fit loads of stuff with that seat stowed. Very dependable.

Great Car

by Lee in Rainy Western Washington from Olympia, WA on Fri Jan 01 2016

I bought my Mazda 200 MPV new in 2000 and have driven it about 230,000 miles. Very little repair. Still looks great even though it has only seen the outside of our garage in it's 16 years. At that is in the rainy Northwest.

Went to 170K!

by backyardmechanic from Watertown, NY on Mon Jun 04 2018

Not the best gas mileage should have done better for a small minivan also had a funny moan but other than that was a tank bought if for $600 and drove to FL and back from NY!

honda accord

by Debra Newton from seattle wash on Thu Mar 01 2018

i loved it but i needed money at the time so i had to sale it plus i wanted something driffent at the time cause i had litte kids but now my kids are teenagers

1 2

Our Take on the 2000 Mazda MPV

It's a purely subjective matter, but I find the exterior styling of the new Mazda MPV rather disappointing. From a distance, only a 13-year-old kid could tell it from the rest of the herd, even though, on close study, it has some interesting styling quirks, like the bulging hood line.

Such was not the case with the preceding generation; like it or not, the big box was distinctive. I suppose Mazda would argue that it has enough attractive features so that the shell doesn't really matter that much. That's true, but it pays to advertise. Oh, well . . . The biggest brag about the MPV (multipurpose vehicle) is that it's the least expensive import minivan available. (Take that, Honda, with your still-hard-to-get... Read More