Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1995 MX-5 Miata

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Have You Driven the 1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata?

Extremely reliable and fun

by British Car & miata owner from Longview, TX on Sat Jun 26 2010

I love this car so much I have two 1995's. This is the last year before OBD2 was offered and is desireable to turbo charge. My first car is copletely stock with removeable hardtop in excellent condition. This car is my wifes second car. My second car a M edition that is turbo charged w/ intercooler, lowering springs,KYB adustable shocks, complete urethane bushings, BBS wheels, Boss frog roll bar, big injectors and large exhaust, mega-squirt engine managment. This the car I drive every day and at the track and it rides like a rock but has massive excelleration and I have found few cars faster. My Son has a similar car and a RX7 with an LS1 engine setup. Even with all the modifications the M Edition is reliable as a daily driver and gets great milage (25gpm) on the street but much less than 10 mpg at the track.

Original Owner

by OldGuy from Greensburg PA on Sat Jan 19 2013

I've owned this wonderful, beautiful car since I bought it new in 1995. It's very reliable and a part of our family. It's garaged in winter (don't drive a Miata in bad weather) and only has 35,000 miles on it. Mine's showroom new. I've enjoyed every mile I driven in it. The M Edition is a collectors item. If you can find one as nice as mine, buy it for an investment that you can also enjoy on weekends. It will become more valuable in the years ahead. In my opinion, the first generation Miatas are nicer (more pure sportscar) than today's versions. Best purchase I ever made.

1995 M Series

by ESOP9991 from Chicago, IL on Wed Aug 27 2014

This car needs a bit of work to get it up to "very good" condition. But the great thing about a Miata is that I can do the work in my garage. When I have completed the mechanical maintenance (the car IS 19 years old) I will have it professionally painted. Then I will have the beautiful NA body Miata I have always wanted. And at a very reasonable price. The car is a joy to drive.

bought mazda cv

by petspal from on Fri Jun 06 2014

I love it...the freedom.... I especially liked the office staff. Super helpful. Car is great at great price. Knoxville tn

Most fun car I've ever driven

by 1995 miata owner from Connecticut on Mon May 23 2011

I have driven many supercars, including the Ferrari 599, Lamborghini Gallardo, Mercedes SLR McLaren, Bentley Continental, Audi R8 and Porsche GT3. While they are extremely fast and capable, they simply can't compare with the sheer lightness and nimble handling of my first-gen MX-5 Miata. If you can deal with the cramped proportions, you will be handsomely rewarded. What it lacks in power, it makes up in smiles per mile. It is the best selling roadster of all time for a reason!

1995 Mazda Miata Tom: 718-219-4365

by Will from Pennsylvania on Tue Jul 23 2013

Photo different from description. I called seller. Seller rude; seems shady/dishonest. Didn't know what car I was inquiring about. He discussed blue car. Tom (fake?) BEWARE!

Does not recommend this car!!

A perfect compliment to our wagon

by Lloyd H from Port Washington, NY on Wed May 30 2018

We have owned this car since 1998, buying it with 42k miles. It now has about 85k, has been driven year round and is starting to show its age. We have done some body work on it. It has been fairly reliable (it has something wrong with starting where I need to turn the key numerous times before the starter engages - three mechanics have not figured it out so I live with it). The annual maintenance costs have been very low and the gas mileage OK (only 33 mpg on the highway - it should do much better given the size of the engine). But, you do not buy a car like this for those reasons - it is pure fun to drive - the stick shift is beautiful with a nice short throw, the pedals nicely placed so you can easily play all three for starts on hills, the top drops in a couple of seconds without getting out of the car, and sun shines in (much to my dermatologist's disgust). Little kids all love it, but unfortunately, with a passenger side airbag that does not turn off, they really should not be riding in the car. Our other car is a wagon. We are a family of three. With just two of us going somewhere, the Miata is the perfect ride (as long as it is not snowing hard . . . ).

Very fun car

by MiataJN from Yankton SD on Tue Nov 28 2017

I love my Miata so much it is one of my favorite cars simply because the styling but getting behind the wheel and driving is just so much more going into tight turns with this car is no problem and tons of fun it's not hard to put mods on it and it's worth every penny

Love cars.com

by hamminkc from Kansas City, MO on Sat May 13 2017

Love it! It's a beautiful car. The only reason I'm selling it is that I have found an awesome deal on a 2007 Miata. Of course it was on cars.com.

Tons of fun

by Dmadden from newburgh, IN on Sat May 06 2017

Great car, drove well. The five speed manual was a lot of fun and the speed and size of the car made it fun to zip around in. The convertible top was incredible in the summer and unfortunately I'm selling mine cause I need something a little more practical.

1 2

Our Take on the 1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata

In 1989 Mazda set the automotive world on its ear when it unveiled the Miata, a tiny two-seat throwback that brought back the look of the little British roadster.

Miata did what the British cars had difficulty doing well or often: it ran.

Miata brought fun back to motoring. Hop in, slip the top down and rumble away from the light, with an emphasis on rumble because the exhaust was tuned to sound just like those Brit roadsters.

It was small, inside and out, but it was a toy that made folks sit up and take notice of a car company known for rotary engines that went hum-m-m and consumers who looked at its cars and went ho-hum.

Miata became the rage. Others tried to copy it... Read More