Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 MX-5 Miata

2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata

2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata?

Fun Little Roadster

by Purplenights from Virginia/Arizona on Mon Jan 13 2014

I bought this car new, and shortly after I bought it, I was having 2nd thoughts about whether or not I made the right decision in getting such a small little car. But now that I have had it a while, it has really grown on me, and I have found that it meets all of my needs, and use this as my daily driver. I was worried about storage, but have found that I have adequate room to carry almost everything I need wherever I go. The car is fun to drive, and is a looker, as people always ask about it. Gas mileage is better than the highway rated 28MPG, I end up getting on average 32.5 mpg highway. It rides well for a small sporty car, and I don't find the road noise to be all that bad. Yes, there is some, but it is tolerable, but not enough that i drowns out the radio, which is also just fine. The cockpit is laid out well with easy to use functions, and nothing complicated. With the club version, I got the steering wheel controls for the cruze and stereo, which makes life much simpler. Nothing fancy inside, but everything is sturdy. I'm impressed with this car, and hope to have it for many years.

A Fun Car To Drive.

by Old & Foolish from Pinehurst, NC on Sun Jun 23 2013

I have a standard power hard top. It's great for short trips and tooling around town; but, to much wind noise on long trips. Acceleration is good if you're in the right gear. When you park your car, it's a snap to raise the top and lock it up. 15 seconds to raise and lower it. If you play golf, your passenger is your golf clubs. The trunk is fine for groceries and an overnight bag; but, not much more. If you're trying to recapture your youth (like me) this is your car.

I LOVE this car!

by LC from Gresham, Oregon on Sun Dec 15 2013

I love everything about this car. The way it handles; the exterior and interior appearance; all the amenities; and the fuel mileage. I owned a 1980 RX7 and a 1992 Mazda Miata but this model by far tops them all. It's so much fun to drive and makes me smile just to think about it. Did I mention that I LOVE this car ???

Pure Joy

by Dean from Stanwood Washington on Sun Jan 12 2014

This car is a blast; you can’t drive it without smiling. I have read and seen most of the professional reviews and agree with most of them’. FUN car, but not practical for a daily driver. Bringing home a weeks’ worth of groceries will be a challenge. What extraordinary about this car is the fun you can have driving the speed limit. It’s the difference between a muscle car and a true sports car. Power upgrades are numerous if live in a non-CARB state.

nice car

by mazda eval from Santa Barbara, CA on Sun May 12 2013

FUN!!!! Handles GREAT, and crowded interior which I knew. Long term, not sure. Automatic is wonderful & shifters if desirable. Soft top has got to be the easiest in the drop top business.

Spending time with my therapist

by OC Car Guy from South Orange County, CA on Mon Feb 22 2016

Maybe not the best car but an excellent overall value: Fun to drive, cheap to own and reliable. Nothing fancy but everything works as designed. Had a 2006 model with a 6-speed manual; what a blast. Living in Southern California the traffic is awful so I traded into a 2013 automatic. Also upgraded to the Power Retractable Hardtop - an excellent feature. There are websites where an owner can learn about all types of mods and upgrades if he/she wants to personalize their ride. I did a couple of small mods and was able to do them myself. Vehicle is relatively simple to work on -- all things considered on a "modern" vehicle. The car is not "fast" but it is quick and maneuverable. I recall the quote: "It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow." That is certainly the case with this car. The Power Hardtop option is excellent: It's a bit quieter than the soft top and doesn't leak a drop of water. It only takes a few moments to raise or lower at the touch of a button. I was apprehensive about buying this but after I read many reviews on its excellent reliability I bought one. The biggest change I noticed from my 2006 to my 2013 is the decrease in overall paint quality; my biggest disappointment but not a deal breaker.

Great car

by Doc from Kirkwood on Sat Jul 20 2013

My miata, a 2008 grand touring is nimble, handles wonderfully,and has more than enough power. Nonetheless I just put a performance intakeg and exhaust on, thus it easy to upgrade.

I love my Miata GT hardtop!

by Forever driver from Beaverton, OR on Sun Nov 19 2017

The best thing about my Miata is so much fun to drive. As soon as I start the Miata, itself takes over and I am colpletely relaxed. It is an adventure every time when I drive Miata and I feel like I can drive forever! The only thing I have to mension is this car is so petite and other car cannot see me. Three times I was hit by a van or suv while waiting for a green light or stopped in airport drop area or parked in driveway. They just didn’t see my Miata. I think Miata should put some special camera to hunk to alert other drivers to notice of a petite car. Now I need to take in for repair for damaged by a van which I had parked in his driveway for a book club party, I am thinking, what is happening to meeeeeee.

Ridiculously fun to drive!

by gismo08 from on Fri Sep 01 2017

We've owned this car for just a few weeks but it's a total blast to drive. It does require premium gas. The only reason I didn't give it 5/5 for comfort is it's a little short on leg room; the seats are super comfortable though.

Tons of Fun in a Small Package

by kathop from Richmond, VA on Sun Mar 12 2017

The Miata MX-5 is fun to drive, period. This car has the Grand Touring package with all the extras, from leather interior to seat warmers, as well as a hard-top convertible. The optional manual shift adds to the driving experience, making this car feel like a much more expensive performance car. I do wish Mazda would move up to 6 cylinders, but the car is engineered to be so light that it feels more powerful than the specs would make you think. It's a winner!

1 2

Our Take on the 2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Sometimes change is overrated. Take Mazda's roadster, for example. Aside from a few styling updates, it's retained the same formula for the past 20-plus years: compact + affordable + uncomplicated = fun.

Although the Mazda MX-5 Miata hasn't changed much since its debut as a 1990 model, it still delivers the joy and excitement of a new toy. As a daily driver, though, it might leave you feeling sore and cramped.

For 2013, the convertible again comes with a standard manual-folding soft-top and an available power-retractable hardtop. The Club trim is new; it replaces the midlevel Touring model, between the Sport and Grand Touring. All versions also get a lightly restyled front end... Read More