2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata consumer reviews

Explore the 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Shop the 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata
2.7

Bad Transmission

Car has transmission problems. If you take your foot off the gas and go to apply the brakes, the engine revs and the car tries to take off. Almost involved in 2 accidents.

Most reliable car ive owned.

This car is all that i need. The looks are 10 out of 10 and it takes me to the places i needed to be. That's all im looking for in a car.

Most fun car I've ever owned.

This car is so fun I almost can't describe it in words. You have to test drive one with the top down to see what I mean. The steering is perfect, the handling, braking, etc is absolutely top notch. The acceleration is good enough for such a small car, but it's not meant to be a dragster. Cornering is it's forte. Negatives - there's hardly any storage space. The cup holders barely fit a small drink and the trunk will almost fit your groceries. I added a luggage rack to the trunk to carry our golf clubs. Also it's fairly noisy inside with the top up. I live in Florida and always drive with the top down if I can. If you want to carry lots of stuff around get something else. If you want to have fun, get a miata.

Fun to Drive!

One of the most fun cars I have ever owned and makes it easy to get around. You'll never haul a lot or a lot of friends but for pure joy of driving and convenience in crowded parking lots and limited parking, there isn't a better car!

Fun car to drive!

I like the compliments I get from people who admire my car! It is the best "little roadster" out there! Price is very good for a convertible.

Great buying experience

This vehicle met all of our expectations and we love driving it! It take date night to an all new level!! We were looking for a fun car and this one delivered!

It is the satisfaction of a long-term desire

About 50 years ago, I drove an MGA and later a Sunbeam Alpine. I really liked driving with the top down. I admired sports cars ever since and seeing one on the road from time to time just made the itch worse. I looked a Pontiac, but it was reviewed unreliable. So I shopped for a Miata. Everything I heard was excellent. So I bought it and drove it home the 100+ miles with the top down in November. I like driving back roads because they aren't too fast and require real driving. The Miata is a joy because it has power and is quite nimble. The top can be handled from the driver's seat and takes only a few seconds to put up or down.

Test frove Miata from cars.com

Found thru excellent search filters available from cars.com. was able to perform a nationwise search with ease.

Fun car to drive

A little cramped for the passenger as far as leg room, but is ok for the driver. A little loud in the cabin with retractable hardtop up and sport suspension/wheels. The Club lacks some of the creature comforts that the touring models have , but is definitely better handling in the turns on back roads.

Fun, Fantastic!

I have had the 2015 MX-5 Hard Top for a month now and my wife and I have 4700 miles on it already. We signed the papers, loaded up and drove through Glacier National Park, Banff, and lately just around the lakes where we live. It drives fantastic. It handles like a dream even through the mountain passes! It is comfortable to drive several hours in without hurting and I'm getting old so that was important. Gas millage on the computer says 30.5 but I track every fill on my app and it shows an average of 35.5 MPG. I gave one less star on performance because if it had a turbo it would scream! (Needs one) but it is quick and light. The price was higher than I liked but it was worth it. Many compliments and thumbs up as you drive by. So much fun to drive. I should have traded my Goldwing in for it years ago!