2015 MX-5 Miata

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Fun, Fantastic!

by SheldonGoldwing from Minnesota on August 13, 2015

I have had the 2015 MX-5 Hard Top for a month now and my wife and I have 4700 miles on it already. We signed the papers, loaded up and drove through Glacier National Park, Banff, and lately just around the lakes where we live. It drives fantastic. It handles like a dream even through the mountain passes! It is comfortable to drive several hours in without hurting and I'm getting old so that was important. Gas millage on the computer says 30.5 but I track every fill on my app and it shows an average of 35.5 MPG. I gave one less star on performance because if it had a turbo it would scream! (Needs one) but it is quick and light. The price was higher than I liked but it was worth it. Many compliments and thumbs up as you drive by. So much fun to drive. I should have traded my Goldwing in for it years ago!

What a rush!

by My first convertible from Frisco, TX on August 6, 2015

I have had my 2015 Mazda Miata MX-5 Club Edition for about three weeks, and am in love with the car! I have always had sedans, and this is my first convertible, and what a rush it is to get in it and GO! I smile like a little kid every time I get in it and take off. I really have nothing bad to say about the car, except that it did not have Sirius capabilities, which I did not notice until after the purchase. The dealership informed me that there was no way to add it, as it was a factory-only option. So, I am making the investment by going to Car Toys and having a completely new system installed which will give me a navigation screen, HD radio, Sirius XM, Bluetooth,,,and it will all be accessible by touch-screen. So, it any of this is important to you, do your research before you buy the car to make sure it has everything on it you want. I am happy, however, as what I am having installed by Car Toys will be better than anything that could have been factory-delivered. Other than that, the car is a winner!

Love my new convertible!

by Elsa! from Seattle, WA on March 29, 2015

I just switched from a SUV to my new Mazda Miata convertible! I'm absolutely loving it! Easy to convert the top up and down for our unpredictable Seattle weather! Easy and comfortable to drive! Thank you Miata!!!!

Best roadster on the road

by 15-year driver from Baltimore Maryland on May 15, 2015

I have owned a generation-two Miata for 15 years before switching to a generation-three 2015 MX-5 Grand Touring. The former car was great - the new one, which I have owned for almost a month, is fabulous. The car is more comfortable, faster, and quieter than the previous model, which as I said, was great. I love the power-retractable hardtop, the 6-six transmission, and the larger wheels on the new car. Plus, it looks fabulous in Zeal Red! The MX-5 is the best two-seat car on the road for fun and value.

Fun car to drive

by Rider from Versailles, KY on September 27, 2014

Trade in a 1999 Miata that I purchased new. I had 119,000 miles on the car. I certainly got my money for this car and expect the same type of ride with my new 2015. It isobvious that I enjoy the Miata bc I purchased a new one. It is a fun car, a reliable car, great performance and comfort. I am very please with my car and the price I got for it.

Defects in new car

by Miata owner from Marin, CA on September 15, 2014

My new miata came with a defective heating unit so it has no heat. The dealer has said it is back ordered and has no idea when it will be available.

Test frove Miata from cars.com

by Car Enthusiast from Seattle, WA on November 1, 2017

Found thru excellent search filters available from cars.com. was able to perform a nationwise search with ease.

It is the satisfaction of a long-term desire

by Eric from Berkeley Springs, WV on December 5, 2017

About 50 years ago, I drove an MGA and later a Sunbeam Alpine. I really liked driving with the top down. I admired sports cars ever since and seeing one on the road from time to time just made the itch worse. I looked a Pontiac, but it was reviewed unreliable. So I shopped for a Miata. Everything I heard was excellent. So I bought it and drove it home the 100+ miles with the top down in November. I like driving back roads because they aren't too fast and require real driving. The Miata is a joy because it has power and is quite nimble. The top can be handled from the driver's seat and takes only a few seconds to put up or down.

Fun car to drive

by LarryDC, casual drive from CT on June 21, 2017

A little cramped for the passenger as far as leg room, but is ok for the driver. A little loud in the cabin with retractable hardtop up and sport suspension/wheels. The Club lacks some of the creature comforts that the touring models have , but is definitely better handling in the turns on back roads.

Great buying experience

by Robin's Miata from Farmington, NY on April 28, 2018

This vehicle met all of our expectations and we love driving it! It take date night to an all new level!! We were looking for a fun car and this one delivered!

1 2