2010 Tribute

4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Comfortable ride

by Rose from Elizabeth, NJ on November 11, 2017

This vehicle is pretty sturdy. Manages the road well and it gives us a comfortable ride. The overall maintenance expenses are reasonable. It's a good family car.

Thought it would be as good as the Ford

by Steve Mqueen from Texas on May 29, 2014

Bought new in 2010. Was much less than the Ford Escape and I thought it was the "same" vehicle. Transmission had to be replaced within the first year. The dealer service department has overfilled the transmission on service and has put the drain fill plug back on so tight I had to take it back in just to have them remove it. (I like changing my own oil) The 4 cylinder is rough, especially on acceleration and is noisy. On long trips my back hurts after driving for 4 hours and I don't have back problems. My F150 can be driven for 8 hours no problem. The tires do not hold air and this has been the case for both sets I have had on it. I think the wheels are not true and do not seal properly. The ride is not particularly comfortable and it tends to be "uneasy" at highway speeds, even though I have had tires and alignment checked. I have never gotten anywhere close to 28 mpg on the highway and my best was 22. City is about 20. I was curious and went and test drove a used 2008 Mercury Mariner and it was like night and day. The Mercury still felt solid and quiet. It hasn't been an overall bad vehicle, but I wouldn't buy another one.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great SUV for the price

by SUV buyer from Jacksonville, Fl on November 12, 2010

I recently purchased a 2010 Mazda Tribute I Sport, so far is everything we wanted. Got it at a great end of the year closeout price, well under the invoice which was what I wanted. I recommend this vehicle to everyone.

First encounter with a Mazda

by Baham Budddha from Palm Bay<Florida on January 24, 2011

Main incentive to purchase vehicle was price,especially for a Mazda,never owned or even driven a Mazda,but I have heard many good things about Mazdas over the years.The vehicle does have some good points,such as,great fuel economy,roomy inside,cargo area good size,base model included keyless entry,anti-theft system built in,cruise control,handling not bad.Complaint wise,not too many,stereo system could be better,one other major complaint,acceleration when already moving especially on the highway where you need it to pass other vehicles.Overall rating good purchase for the price would recommend to other interested in this type of vehicle.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great!

by mp from Washington DC on November 2, 2011

I bought a 2010 Mazda Tribute. It definitely has the best value for the money. No issues! It runs really well and it is a good size.