1998 C-Class

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

$149 - $6,525  MSRP Range
1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

4.4

Have You Driven the 1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class?

Super Reliable

by onlydrivembz:) from los angeles on Fri May 14 2010

So far my 1998 c230 has 160k miles and it runs great. Thing only major things to go wrong are a fuel pump($360)water pump($400)mass air flow meter($380) Ive owened this car for years and NEVER a single problem with the trans or engine. The engine has never had a leak and has never burned oil. As for getting the car smoged, it has always been a simple task. The only fault I can think of is the brakes. When replacing the brakes you will have to fix the pads,rotators, and drums. A ($400-$500) job. Though if you dont abuse the brakes they will last for years. other than that this is a great little car(gets great gas mileage 32/25 mpg) my personal experience. PS the car is not very comportable 5 people is a tight fit. espically if your over 6 feet tall. I hoped this helped.:)

Best Car for the money!

by Mandeville Highway from Texas on Thu Feb 09 2012

Purchased mine from the original owner with 30,000 miles...today I have over 289,000 miles on my '98 C230. I've had two other M-B's in my life to include an '89 190E and an '01 E-class, and my C230 is by far the best value for ABSOLUTE reliability. Mercedes did a good job on the quality of the C-class for several years, and my C230 has never, not once, left me stranded. As long as the maintenance is kept up it will keep going. Too bad I see so many abused ones out there! Currently am looking for a clean one for my 16 year old daughter. Recommend this car for anyone wanting to save money on gas also (gets an average of 35 mpg highway).

Best Bang For The Buck!

by Prettydreamy from Seattle on Wed Sep 06 2017

I can't say enough great things about this car. I had it a little over three years and nothing went wrong. I felt so stylish and classy driving it. I would take it everywhere. It had an awesome sun/moonroof, heated seats, a sun screen in the back that went up or down with the push of a button. Perfect amount of legroom and space between passengers. And I felt safe because it handled so well.

best choice ever

by Christo from Orlando Florida on Tue Nov 12 2013

my 98 c280, i bought this car about 2 years ago at 90.000 miles from the original owner, she had all service records. now she has 115000 for going on 16 years old is great mileage. i absolutly love this car and it is very responsive. glad to be back to a rear wheel drive car!!! this car has the V6, my other car is an 02 vw passat which is also a great car but when I have a choice of which car to use, I always drive the MB. so if you find one in great shape like mine, service records are a plus. dont be afraid of this car all it will cost you is about 100 every 10,000 miles for oil change(synthetic) and it holds about 8.5 quarts. thats all ive done to mine in 25000 miles of carefree driving.

this is thr one

by Car enoying finder from Dallas Tx on Fri May 30 2008

This is my first mb, I really like overall. Compared with an american brands this could be over 30% better quality vs money. It maintain cars specs as one of the best features. Interior is classic confort even the car size.

what i was looking for

by david from toms river. nj on Fri Feb 14 2014

My experience at peak autosport with Mathew was a delight. He is a young, well educated , very serene gentleman. I purchased a1998 mercedes from him which I am completely satisfied with. I was able to test drive at my leisure and have my mechanic check it out. My mechanic said he would buy it if I didn't. I'm happy I did.

very fun to drive

by street racer from boston on Sun Dec 02 2007

probally one of the most exciting small cars to drive

Great Car

by Mercedes-Benz5785 from Los Angeles, California on Fri Jul 01 2016

I've owned this car for 16 years, and it still runs great. I traded it for my 1996 Ford. Very Luxury car and very happy with it. I'll probably keep it for another 16,

My second car.

by MB enthusiast from Germantown MD on Fri Aug 03 2007

Went to the dealer to get a 2000 Camry but was seduced by this car. Handling was perfect by comparison to my 94 Celica. It handles turning so admirably that making a turn is such a pleasure, everytime. I have just been told by the shop that the engine is wearing out. Poor maintenance maybe? But I have been quite impressed. Now at least, I know what to look for in a car. Seriously considering another MB. Also, it's 2.6 engine has been quite supple with my wallet given the gas prices out there these days. Sorry I could not

Does not recommend this car!!

My dream car

by BIG MATT from Hyattsville md on Thu Apr 20 2017

I REALLY LOVE THIS CAR ...AND ITS IN EXCELLENT SHAPE .....THANKS TO THE OWNER FOR ALLOWING ME TO PURCHASE MY DREAM CAR....

Our Take on the 1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

There is nothing quite like the magic of a name, and a name like Mercedes-Benz has that certain magic.

Part of the magic of Mercedes is the image of quality and performance. Never one to be lacking in the latter of that duo, Mercedes is bringing on line a new supercar, the Mercedes C43.

As a new limited production V-8 powered version of Mercedes' C-Class sedan, it's represented by local dealer World Wide Motors and is a model not like any other C-Class.

Not only is the C43 a super-swift set of wheels, but it enjoys the distinction of being modified by Germany's top automotive performance company, AMG.

AMG, whose name comes from founder Hans-Werner Aufrecht, his former partner Erhard Melcher, and... Read More