2004 C-Class

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

4.3

Have You Driven the 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class?

A Classic That's Still Contemporary

by Built for Comfort and for Speed from Charlottesville VA on Thu Aug 20 2015

I feel like I got the buy of a lifetime with my 2004 Mercedes. The previous owner had babied it for the entire eleven years she owned it, so it was almost like being taken right out of the box. The Mercedes C-Class gives its owner everything from reliability to speed to styling to ... well, sophistication. My car had just over 99,000 miles on it, which means it was just getting broken in. I plan to rely on it for another 200,000 miles, minimum. The pickup is excellent, the cabin features are made for quality comfort, the trunk is generous, the ride is quiet. Good miles per gallon. Built-in sensor for rain means that the wipers come on automatically and pace their speed based on rainfall. It's that kind of thinking that sets the Mercedes apart from the rest of the premium brands. The only things missing are the things that have been developed since 2004, those being a GPS screen, music delivery via audio files, and UBS ports for connecting/charging. Minor things. What is constant, though, is that incredible German engineering that grips the road while offering great steering and control at higher speeds, classic design lines, and the peace of mind of reliability for a great ride.

My mommy car

by bree from Biloxi MS on Thu May 12 2011

I didn't want a mini van- so this worked for me. I love the way it looked and the drive is very smooth. I even started a trend at the private school my children attend! lol. So here is the bad about the C320 wagon- my handles came off- ALL of them. The sunroof is a bit unpredictable. I had to replace the motor for the back windows-twice. I was shocked by the cheapness of some of the materials. This was my dream car...I will buy another benz- just not a the C-class

Excellent 33MPG on freeway cruising 70MPH

by Alex C230 Kompressor from Mountain House, CA on Tue Mar 04 2008

I love getting 33 MPG when cruising on freeways 70 MPH. Good economy car all while getting smooth ride with comfort of plush leather seats. C230 Kompressor has power with the I4 supercharger when you lay your foot down. I would buy again.

I love this car!!

by Carbuff from Westlake, OH on Thu Nov 24 2011

Bought a new C320 4matic in 2004. It was (and maybe still is) a gorgeous looking vehicle. The performance is good and although it takes Premium fuel, the mpg is decent (around 22mpg). Maintenance was covered for 3yrs and I had no mechanical problems until 70K miles At 70K the passenger side door pull came off and the map tray on the same door came loose at 72K. The weatherstrip came loose on that same door at 74K. I took the car to a local body shop and they reattached everything for $150! Not bad. The left rear spring failed at 75K and was replaced at a local shop. The car now has 82K and still runs well. No leaks, knocks, bumps, or stalls. Still my daily commute car.

the luxury car I need right now

by Yenoors from Montclair, NJ on Tue Nov 15 2011

This car isn't perfect, but it is very close. The comfort, the panache and the sturdiness of this car makes it amazing. My next one may be a Lexus, but then again, this might take 20 years or so....

Super Value

by bohunksker from NC on Mon Mar 19 2012

C230 Sport: Only C-Class worth owning. Best combination of performance, economy, dependability in the C Class.

Under Rated

by Marik from LI, NY on Tue Feb 07 2012

I was skeptical buying this car, since many people complain about the reliability. I drive 2002 C320 about a year now (90K miles), and I can say this car's reliability is not as bad as everyone says. Many bad parts might has been already replaced by the previous owner. LOL. Reliability aside, I think this is really great car for money (current used price is ridiculously low, IMO). I do not like hyped look of Mercedes, BMW and Audi, but I like this rather quiet and clean design like Japanese car.

All-around impressive

by NC Merc owner from Charlotte, NC on Sun Feb 07 2010

Have owned a C230 Kompressor for 6 years now. I order it from Germany because I wanted the stick shift. The manual transmission makes this car is much faster than the automatic. I love the way the exterior looks, especially with the xenon headlights and the black-on-gray coloring. Many people mistake it for the much-larger S-Class. And valets are amazed when they see a rare manual Mercedes. The sports suspension and sports seats make for very tight handling. The steering is perfectly weighted. I was surprized by how much "sport" MB trhu in: suspension, seats, steering wheel, rubber studded pedals, sports wheels, low-profile ZR tires, drilled rotors, 6-speeds, etc. This car has the perfect blend of sport and luxury. Based on all the reviews I read prior to purchasing, I expected reliability to be mediocre, but have been very surprized. NOTHING has broken on this car in 6 years. My only trips to the dealership have been for normal maintenance and wear & tear items (tires, brakes, etc.). This car has been more reliable than my Toyota! On top of all this, the car was not overly priced when I bought it new. I easily saved $5,000 off of a comparable BMW 3-series. Impressive all around. What would I change? The dashboard is not the most modern in the world (even 6 years ago). You can get an option of a folding rear seat, but it seems like that's a fairly easy feature to make standard. I just upgraded to a new Porsche Cayman S, but I find I still like driving the Merc around--it feels more sophisticated and elegant.

One of the best cars on the road

by Happy Mercedes Owner from Raleigh, NC on Sat May 09 2009

This has been a fantastic car for me from day one. Bought it right off the showroom floor with 3 miles on it and it has been a dream ever since. It gets fantastic gas mileage, handles smoothly, is ultra-safe and is just a superior car.

overpriced car

by mercedes_sufferer from chicago,il on Mon Feb 26 2007

This car has broken down right from the day I got it. It has substantial amount of vibration, ticking noice and problem with battery. I never thought that after paying such a cost, all we get is a very unrealiable car.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4