Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 C-Class

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class?

Pleasantly Surprised

by Long Commuter from San Ramon, CA on Thu Apr 04 2013

It took me 3 weeks hunting for a car I would feel reasonably comfortable in with my long drives to and from work. I finally saw this car on Cars.com at BMW San Francisco. I didn't think I could get a good deal from there being a downtown store of a high end automobile but I did. I got a great deal! Then the car, which had a panoramic roof was almost flawless even though it was a 5 year old car. I used to drive an ML350 so moving over to a C class was a big savings on my gas bill each week. Though rated at 25 mpg, with some conscious driving on my part, I have reached 26.3 mpg. Power is not a problem at all especially when you need it. MP3 player comes with it and is a good substitute to a 6 Disc CD Changer.

Mercedes Convert

by BMW Fan from Dover, Delware on Sat Aug 21 2010

I'm a former 3 time BMW ownwer. Our family is now down to one BMW, my wife's 528i. I recently sold my daughter's 86 325es for a 24k miles lease returned Mars Red 2008 C350. The car came fully equipped P2, Nav, Panoramic roof, the car is a stunner. Recently drove the car over 800 miles down to NC and the car performed flawlessly. Avg 21 mpg city and 27-28 mpg hwy. Car steers and tracked true on the Hwy. Nav took us everywhere we needed to go without a hitch. Command 5.1 Logic 7 surround is a well executed system. Very solid, quiet driving experience. The true value to me and my daughter (it's her car) was buying this car for almost half of the MSRP list. <P.S.> As a BMW fan I debated on whether to get C300 AWD or C350. I chose the 350 because of more power and higher level of euipment. Both have the the same driving aids ESP...etc, but I figured come winter I will put on a good set of snow tires and she will be o.k. If the snow gets too bad she would need to park the car anyway. She and I both really enjoy driving the car, hope your driving experience is as great as ours have been thus far.

Comfort, Style, Luxury

by RobbyDobby from Denver, Colorado on Sun Feb 06 2011

From the first drive the way this car holds the road and handles is exceptional. Through the Colorado mountains and on the plains the Mercedes luxury is evident. When the roads are snow packed or icy you simply have to prepare for hills, intersections and turns cautiously but we have never slid or had to "recover" stability. We feel safe and secure in this Benz. Don't be fooled by other "high end" cars if you are looking for a wonderful ride.,.... buy it.

Loved it - for 3 months until it was totalled

by EuroCarFan from MA on Thu Mar 20 2008

Had the Luxury model 300 4matic with Premium II pkg, Multimedia pkg, ipod int, Pano roof & the sport grille conversion kit. It was fantastic in the snow - better than SUV 4wd's. We had over 100" this winter and the 4matic was 1st priority - excellent control and traction. Car was fun to drive. Favorite features were nav controls intuitive, HK sound system w/hard drive, comfortable leather seats, exterior look, panoramic roof... just loved everything. Last car was an e-class & I've had 2 bmw's - this car was my favorite. Unfortunately a 3/4 ton pickup lost control and drove over my car, passengers were well protected by ultra strength steel. Was so pleased w/this vehicle that I bought 2nd one exact same car & options.

Great Car Solid and Safe

by Tomick from Mechanicsburg, Pa on Tue May 13 2014

I purchased a 2008 Mercedes C300 Sport 4matic Black w/navigation. It is a very good upgrade from my 2004 C240. Thanks to Bavarian here in Mechanicsburg. I have a great car with a no hassle deal. I like the navigation and the seats. I buy Mercedes because of a head injury and ant to be protected. Thanks to caring dealers and Great Car makers. I feel very safe in this car. Plus it looks good as well. Thanks Jamie and the service was outstanding. The auto light features are a favorite of mine. Plus the auto dimming rear view mirror,

No words to describe this monster

by C Class Fan from Cairo, Egypt on Mon Mar 24 2008

I drove the old C Class but ooooh noooo, this one is a real beauty, no comparison. It is entirely different. MB people did a great job making life hard for the 3 series.

Great Car overall

by Mang from Boston on Mon Sep 13 2010

2008 c300 4matic sport Great care with great handling 328xi is faster but this car handles and looks much better.

Just what you expected from a Merc

by Babs from Lagos, Nigeria on Tue Dec 01 2015

I've had this car for about 9 months and it's just been sheer pleasure. Style, drive, comfort, instrumentation are apt. The only downside is the ride height which means I have to be careful on my terrain when I switch from the jeep.

Fun to drive, 4matic is great, love the multimedia

by Ted from NH on Mon Mar 03 2008

I've had 3 other MBs, 2 BMW's, 3 Fords and a Toyota. This is the best car I've ever owned. It's not as roomy as my last car the E class, but I like the size. The interior appearance is enhanced by getting the luxury model and adding the wooden steering wheel. Also added additional chrome on the exterior door handles and mirrors. My car has the P2 package and the MM pkg. The design of the nav/ipod/command system is great. Instead of reaching across to a touch screen your right arm rests along the arm rest with the controls at your fingertips. The 4matic is fantastic in the snow - better than 4wd SUV. This car is solid and quiet, has tight turning radius, handles great, and is very reasonably priced - even loaded. Bluetooth was easy to set up- finds your phone and you add it to the list via the command screen. The only negative is that the power seats have no memory.

Runs great!!!

by Sean from WPB on Thu Jan 02 2014

Love this car-Runs great! very comfortable and fun to drive!!! I had a great experience with this dealer as well!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

If someone asked you to name a sport sedan, your first thought probably wouldn't be a Mercedes-Benz. With the new 2008 C-Class, Mercedes gets a little closer to that ideal in some categories while holding fast to its classic idea of luxury — isolation over involvement — in others.

The result is an entry-level luxury car that will appeal to fans of the three-pointed star but won't win over diehard enthusiast drivers the way the 3 Series has for years. While the C-Class' suspension tuning is sport-sedan worthy, there's still too much detachment from the road in the steering system.

Ride & Handling
Offered in Luxury and Sport variations and in rear- and all-wheel-drive forms, the new C-Class... Read More