2016 Mercedes Benz C Class

Best car I've ever owned ? totally happy

by from san jose, ca on November 30, 2016

Test drove BMW 3, 4 convertible, Infiniti Q50 hybrid, Lexus GS, Camry, Accord. Previously owned a 2003 GS 430 (which I loved, but which was done at 180K miles and I wanted something a bit smaller since I almost never carry more than 1 passenger). The C300 feels like an upgrade and superior to the competition in almost every respect: interior, overall comfort (without sacrificing driving engagement), quiet, ergonomics, useful and performant electronics (radar cruise control, audio, etc.). The engine represents a significant improvement in fuel economy at a slight cost in straight-line performance and/or quiet compared to a Lexus V8, and competitive with anything modern. In everything else it beat the competition and my previous daily driver hands down. In the first few months it felt like every week I found another detail that had been thought through unexpectedly well (admittedly some of these are not ways that the MB is specifically superior to modern competition, but still), like the flat trunk floor with hinges that don't intrude on the cargo area. There's a reason this car won so many accolades from reviewers. And as of 2016, the initial reliability problems appear to have been worked out ? online reports say reliability has significantly improved and my own experience has been trouble-free. I routinely drive 250 miles each way to see my girlfriend, commute daily short distances in heavy traffic, and occasionally drive on twisty mountain roads. I was totally happy with my GS 430 as an environment for doing those things; the C300 represents a big step up. If you value performance heavily over comfort you might want to look elsewhere (though I suggest you try the C43). If you are looking for reliable transportation for the money you can do better ? a Camry or Accord is more cost-effective transportation while still being great cars. If you want a sportier car in that size and price range you can get it if you're willing to sacrifice sufficient refinement, quiet, comfort, and/or gas mileage. But I think the C300 is the best luxury / sport compact there is and I would absolutely make the same choice again.

Woo-Hoo

by from Raleigh on November 5, 2015

As a early thirties petrol head, I have owned a few muscle cars and a few Germans cars. I generally get a new car every year or so, cash is king! However I couldn't wait when these bad boys showed up. I love this thing! It just hauls. The C400 was fast like maybe just under 5 Seconds, this is feels like 4.5 which is good considering the fair amount of hp. The best is the handling, it just eats up ramps and twisties, oh and its AWD!!!!! I know the the AMG owers are butt-hurt but honestly this is waaay more livable. Safe to say the MB fibally has some cempetition to the 335/340!

Amazing Car

by from Omaha on February 3, 2016

Has been an excellent experience so far! Am enjoying my drive ...and have had wonderful customer service too.

So far so goog

by from Newton, Nj on May 2, 2017

Bought the 2016 C-Class 4 matic with only 9k miles. Was very happy with Intercar Mercedes Benz in Newton, NJ. The car is sporty with a touch of luxury, not luxurious. If luxury is your first priority buy the E-Class or, of course, the S-Class. The car is for our teenage son, so sporty with a touch of luxury hits the spot.

Best Mercedes Benz C-Class I have owned, #4!

by from East Hartford, CT on August 24, 2016

Beautiful car with updated luxury features. It drives beautifully. A dream car with spectacular comfort and safety. I highly recommend to everyone, you will adore it!

This car is excellent

by from Florida on November 24, 2015

It hss everything you could want in a car. Handle very well and looks beautiful. if you shop around you can get a good deal. I didn't and found out later I could have saved about three thousands.

defect car

by from Pleasanton, Ca. on August 30, 2016

The car's steeling wheel was too heavy that I need to use both hands to hold it instead of two fingers like other MBZ cars and jumps after hitting holes. 3 days later, I had to swish into another one of same model and lost about $6000 tax and depreciation fee. The new one is excellent. So test drive carefully before buying.

Engine light is on

by from Walnut Creek, ca on March 18, 2016

I bought new 2016 c300 just over a month ago from Walnut Creek MB dealer. But this morning engine light is on. It has only 1000 miles on it. Took to the dealer made an appointment but I have to wait 2 weeks. I was so much enjoyed until today.

Great car, love it

by from WOOD DALE, IL on March 19, 2017

Great car very luxurious and very fun to drive I have no complaints with it yet since it is brand new car look forward to driving yet and definitely made me a Mercedes customer

Luxury, sport, most bang for your buck

by from Westlake Village, CA on March 25, 2017

Very reliable car. The car has a beautiful interior. Only problem is the screen for the navigation. It sticks out and looks weird.

Our Expert Review: 2016 Mercedes Benz C Class