2000 CL-Class

2000 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have you driven the 2000 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class?

My expectations have been met.

by Benz Lover from Kansas City on Tue Jan 17 2012

For a used car, these are an extremely good deal. I didn't think I'd ever own a car that had an MSRP of nearly 100K. I think most look slightly plain on the exterior, but wheels can do wonders. Luckily I have lorinser effects on mine. I have had no problems out of the infamous ABC suspension. I hope that is the case for a long time. It has a ride like no other car I've been in. It's exceptional! Keep up on the maintenance and treat them right and you will have a terrific cars for many years to come. I'd suggest finding a good independent mechanic who specializes in german imports to do the maintenance and repairs. You will save a lot of my that route instead of the stealership. Things that make the car stand out and above most others to me are: power assisted closing doors & trunk, All leather interior including the dash and door panels, ABC hydraulic suspension, many compartments on the interior, ventilated seats (with mine had the massaging option) and the horse power. Even the entry level 500 has great "get up and go". I couldn't be happier with a used car.

The feel of luxury and class

by CL500- 2000 owner from Westlake Village, Ca on Mon Nov 27 2006

The Mercedes CL Class is possibly the most beautiful coupe ever designed by Mercedes. It is spacious inside and has the power of a true sports car. The only thing that could be better is the handling. It is a very heavy car and drives heavy. Gas is great on the highway and poor on the city streets. All in all, it is a great car to buy preowned.

Most Luxurious Car I've ever Owned

by cl500boy from Phoenix, AZ on Sat Aug 11 2007

I still cant get over the interior/exterior styling on this car. Very sleek, contemporary design. Probably my favorite part of the car is how spacious it is - in front that is. Overall, I think this is a great car & fell in love with it the first time I took it for a spin. Its V8 is silky smooth with plenty of power.

Best car you could buy back in 2000

by MB fan from Miami, FL on Mon Nov 27 2017

It’s the perfect ride! Comfortable and reliable. No better car out there for the value. The quality is outstanding and the design is still a eye catching one.

Our Take on the 2000 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class

When one sees a Mercedes-Benz, one is tempted to think of F. Scott Fitzgerald's 'All The Sad Young Men' where he writes that the very rich '...are different from you and me.'

Allow me to lift the veil on what the very wealthy experience when they go out motoring in the truly gorgeous 2000 Mercedes-Benz CL 500 Coupe.

Large luxury coupes are a vanishing breed. Cadillac's Eldorado and Lexus's SC300/400 haven't exactly enjoyed robust sales. Lincoln's Mark VIII has vanished. But most of those vehicles compete in a realm that's half the price of this vehicle.

The CL 500 competes in a rarefied strata where the air and lines of customers are thinner. (American marques sadly no longer compete this... Read More