2008 CLK-Class

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

Have you driven the 2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class?

OUTSTANDING in every regard

by Joe Blacke from Orange County, CA on Wed Feb 24 2010

This car was purchased new from DEZ at Long Beach MB. At 2PM I decided on the CLK350 I wanted, and at 5PM I was driving away. The BMW does not compare in any way, shape or form to this vehicle. As a general rule, I have not liked Mercedes vehicles, but this is a big exception. Everything about the car is first class, well thought out, and beautiful, especially the split wood/leather steering wheel. For the price of one Jaguar XK8, you can have 2 of these. If you drive it, and like it, buy it. You will never look back.

I LOVE my 2008 CLK350

by 1st Time Mercedes Owner from Hixson, TN on Tue Mar 27 2012

After exhaustive researching all high end convertibles, including the 'hard top' styles, I kept coming back to the CLK. We wanted a car with reasonable luggage space for vacations and also wanted decent rear seating. Forget any luggage space in the hard top styles...they take up virtually all the luggage space with the top down. The one 'must have' was extremely comfortable front seating with memory and heaters. The CLK has all this in addition to memory for outside mirrors and the electric headrests. Awesome! The styling is classy yet refined, unmistakable on the road. Overall quality is 2nd to none. The 350 cc V6 sounds like a V8 and has plenty of punch. Advertised highway mileage is 25 mpg. I consistently get 29-30 mpg in hilly Virginia or flat South Carolina when the Cruise control is set at 3-4 mph over the posted limit. Also, when you set the cruise it stays right on even up or down hills. I love everything about this car! I highly recommend it. With its safety features, its no more expensive for insurance than the typical $30,000 car. Yes, I really do like it. This CLK was purchased as a 'Certified Pre-Owned', with 29K miles, from a MB dealer. It was a lease return and 'spotless' inside and out. Waranty coverage is better than new and an additional 2 year bumper to bumper warranty was very reasonable. I highly recommend purchasing from a MB dealer.

my 2nd CLK, 7th MB

by mercedesgirl from San Antonio, TX on Sun Aug 10 2014

Obviously I'm a MB fan, this being the 7th one I have purchased in the last 22 years. Purchased this car used (6yo) with 36k miles, for about 1/3 of original price. This is my 2nd CLK, the first one was a 2005 CLK500, which started to have multiple mechanical and top problems, as well as a number of cosmetic issues due in part to cheap interior components. I traded for a virutally new 2013 BMW 328i sedan. After 6 months I realized I hated the BMW (for multiple reasons), and wanted my convertible back, so traded for this 2008 CLK550, this time with a 5yr/60k warranty (approx. 5k, but critical due to the expense of repairing these cars). So much happier! Gorgeous styling, nice engine rumble, smooth, comfortable ride, plenty of room for passengers/luggage (compared to SLK or BMW conv), great power and handling, automatic climate control that actually works automatically (leave it at 70 and it keeps it there, takes care of the scorching Texas heat in no time!) . Interior quality much improved over the 2005 (which was built during the MB-Chrysler era). The ONLY thing I miss about that BMW is the mpg. Small sacrifice for a car that is a joy to drive every day.

CLK convertible

by SS Midwest from Davenport IA on Thu Jun 05 2014

The car is beautiful to look at and so smooth to drive. I was looking for a four seat convertible and the styling of the CLK really stood out. Consumer Reports also shows this as one of the most reliable Mercedes built in the last decade. I have only had it for a month so I can't confirm that yet. It is so much fun to drive that we find ourselves traveling to out of the way places just to spend more time enjoying the car.

LOVE my 2005 CLK500

by Merc from Hartford CT on Fri Jul 27 2012

I bought my 2005 CLK500 used with 39K miles. I fell in love with the CLK model after seeing a striking white 500 AMG. I settled for a pewter hardtop after trying both hardtop and convertible. I have had the car for 2 years now with no issues. For 1/3rd of the original price I got a great car. Beautiful outside from all angles but also gorgeous inside where we spend most of the time. It is surprisingly roomy for a sport car. I actually took the family on a 6 hr weekend trip to Montreal in relative comfort (two adults, two 18yr old boys, 2 mid size luggage AND my golf bag in the trunk with room to spare) WOW! Favorite features: Unbelievably smart engine and transmission which you can control to do whatever you want with the way you control the gas petal. The transmission is so good I very rarely use the paddle shifters on the back of the steering wheel. You can also change this well-mannered luxury cruiser car into a beast when you bush it above 3000rpm. I is a LOT of fun to drive. The pillarless windows which makes it as close to a convertible as you can get. The wind noise are remarkably low with the windows down (even on the highway) as there is no noise source next to your ears. I just Love the car.

Great Benz convertible

by Dick got his Benz from Gig Harbor, WA on Thu Dec 30 2010

Found this 2008 CLK350 online last month with 11,000 miles. Talked with the dealer, looked at it online, flew down to Calif, bought and drove it home to Wash. VERY happy I did. It's a fun car, also economical. I agree with other reviews that storage area sucks. With the owners manuals in the golove box, I can't get it shut. Would I buy it again? You betcha! My Saab Aero Convt had more storage, had lost most of it's value and, even tho it looked good, wasn't nearly as satisfying to drive. Dated 12/29/10

mercedes 08 350CLK Conv

by aaron from toledo on Sun Feb 26 2012

I owned 350slc, 420 sel, 560sl and now 350clk. By far this is the best mercedes I have ever owned. One of the reasons, it has all the modern conveniences. Just one button opens and closes the convt. top. It is luxurious and comfortable and the top is well isulated, therefore, it is as quiet as the sedan.

great car !

by aquack from allison park on Sat Feb 24 2018

I have the CLK 350 convertible. The car is very very quiet. Very enjoyable to drive . I love the comfort and quality. The top is so impressive It is an amazing vehicle. So tight!

Best value for a high-end sport luxury car

by Steve the Greek from Florida on Wed Jul 25 2018

Bought the car at the end of 2008 as certified pre-used from MB. Car had 7500 miles with 4 years remaining on the warranty. Car handles beautifully. The 350 six engine feels like a powerful V8. Convertible top comes up and down effortlessly within 20 seconds. Mileage was as high as 30 mpg while driving at 75 mph with cruise control on. Interior is very comfortable. Exterior has AMG sport package giving the car sporty look. Premium 2 package is excellent. Love this car Now have 86K miles. Would never give it up. Keeping up with all scheduled service is a must to keep this beast going.

More than I expected

by Roc from SanTan Valley Az on Wed Nov 22 2017

Bought this as our "fun car" and was surprised at the smooth ride and impressive acceleration. The top is one-button and quick. Mine is a 2008 with 42,000 miles and is like new. Very happy with the purchase.

1 2 3 4