2014 CLS-Class

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

5 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class?

Awesome Luxury Vehicle for a Sports Car Enthusiast

by Joe4metric from Ridgefield, CT on Tue Mar 01 2016

As background -- I have driven BMW's for the last 15 years (3330xi, 545i, 335xi and 550xi) and swear by the brand. I absolutely love the driving experience of the BMW. This year I decided to buy a CLS550. So far, no regrets whatsoever. Maybe I've gotten soft as I turned 50, but there is no comparison to the sense of luxury in the Benz vs. the BMWs. The CLS550 has the same grunt/power as the 550xi but seems even more sporty and planted on the road. (I think the wider 285 & 255 width tires add to that feel). The seats in the CLS are incomparable -- side bolsters that adapt around corners & massaging rollers are industry-leading. My only hesitation was rear seat room -- but honestly, I don't sit back there so frankly I don't care. 95% of the time, I am alone or with a single passenger. The styling on the CLS is head-turning -- albeit somewhat polarizing. I love it! My wife prefers the lines on the more traditional look of the BWM 5 series. Lane change warning system is nice. I have a trunk basket that was an added option in my CLS and I find it very handy to keep "trunk stuff" organized. Palladian silver is a great/safe color that really hides dirt. Radio controls are bit unnecessarily complicated (even for someone who lived through 15 years of I-Drive BMWs. Navigation screen could be a tad larger. Overall, I'm extremely pleased. Got this 2014 with only 9,000 miles on it. I hope to drive it for 5 years or so.

Gorgeous car, VERY fast, beautiful interior

by David from New York, NY on Wed Oct 23 2013

The Mercedes CLS is a gorgeous car. It is one of the sexiest cars on the road. Its sleek shape with its sloping roofline and aggressive grille make it the perfect styling combination. When I drive this around it gets a lot of stares. My favorite feature is the LED headlights, which look incredible and very unique. The interior is beautiful, with plenty of fine wood and high-quality leather everywhere. But the best part of this car is the amazing power in its V-8 engine. This car is extremely fast! Even in corners it handles so well. I feel like I am in a rocket ship when I drive this. It is so much fun to drive, I really recommend it.

Powerful and Elegant

by JT from Hinesville, Georgia on Sat Oct 26 2013

The 2014 CLS is a very powerful and elegant automobile. I love the performance, it handles as if it is a much smaller and more nimble car. The engine is powerful and responsive. The interior is well designed ergonomically with all accessories readily accessible to the driver. It is a "drivers car".

Solid executive sedan

by CLS Owner from Boston, MA on Wed Sep 18 2013

Great performance and a very calming experience when desired. This car is very quiet and comfortable. The safety and convenience features reduce traffic stress - in particular the automatic cruise control and collision warnings (blind-spot, etc). In-vehicle entertainment is adequate. It does everything it needs to. Some other cars (both more and much less expensive) have a richer user experience if you like tight integration of your phone, etc.

Second CLS! Still have the '06 also.

by BillyDSr from Blytheville, Ar on Wed Jun 14 2017

Just what my wife and I needed. Holding on to the previous CLS and using the 2014 for our travels. Love the CLS series!

Best car I have driven.

by Doug from Wilmington, NC on Mon May 14 2018

This car provides luxury, performance, and status all in one gorgeous package. I always feel special whenever I drive it. And the power makes getting into traffic a breeze.

Great Style

by U joint defect from Manitowoc wi on Sat Oct 13 2018

At 52720 miles the front u joint went out causing a grinding noise. Just 4 weeks earlier had the car in for a full examination and service. The check list stated that the u joint was inspected. Asked the service tech if the u joint was inspected and he stated that they do not inspect the u joint because it would take to much time. Cost to replace the broken u joint $2,600.00. I have owned a lot of cars and never had to have a u joint replaced. 250,000 on a Cadilac Escalade and did not replace a u joint. Mercedes would not stand behind this failure. The car has interior air noise at 70 mph. Cost of maintaining this car or any Mercedes is out of line.

Does not recommend this car!!

Performance and implacable style !!!

by Sam from New York ny on Tue Feb 25 2014

The 2014 4matic is simply the best car in my eyes. It performs super well I took it until 130 mph didn't even feel it. When u step on it. It really fly. Takes corners like a champ The airomatic suspensions are amazing. Comfort mode is my everyday mode. If aim in rush I turn on sport mode and turn my suspensions to performance mode as we'll and say no more just fly with confident. And feel the wow effect. Driving in a broken street no worries just rise the suspensions up and keep comfort mode on. Love my sexy cls. Buy it. It is worth the money. By the way I have owned over 14 MB over the past 15 years the CLS 550 4 matic is on top my list. Cheers.

2014 CLS63-S

by AMG Fanatic from SE FL on Sat Dec 28 2013

It was time we picked up a new sedan for my growing family and I had a very hard time choosing. I currently own 3 AMG's and wasn't sure I should pick up another. I wanted something under $120,000 that had style, performance and comfort. I narrowed my search to the Porsche Panamera TT, E63-S, Audi RS-7, CLS63 and BMW M5. After much deliberation I chose the CLS63-S as the clear winner. It has everything you can look for in a sporty sedan. I guess I am an AMG fanatic:) Styling: I love the look of this car and have found many people stop to stare. The interior styling is very nice as well. My only gripe is the position of the A/C buttons which happen to sit right behind the cup holders. Ergo, if you have your latte sitting in the cup holder you need to pick it up to adjust A/C settings. Very annoying while driving. Comfort: Everyone that has sat in my car love the seats. Two caveats, if you are taller (6'+) you might find ingress/egress difficult. Also, I find there are too many seating adjustments and find it difficult to find my optimal driving position. Performance: Well, the AWD make this car lethal from a dead stop. Passing on the highway is shockingly quick. My only gripe is the torque limitation issues when mashing the throttle from a dead stop (ESP OFF) and top end drop off. I have been working with RENNtech to solve this issue. Overall, great car and I plan to keep it for a while. My wife is due for a new car next year so I might try Porsche or Audi, but for now, I'll stay all AMG!!

soooo plush

by freeway from california on Fri Sep 19 2014

i have a sports car and no sedan can be a sports car,no matter what.but........this car is fabulous.is not a porscHe cayman....no.this car is a very fast extremley comfortable work of art on wheels.get a sports car for the weekend then get this car to drive every day.you will never use the sports car.

1 2