1993 Mercedes Benz E Class

The 2.5 diesel is the best car they ever made

by from Norfolk,VA on March 10, 2013

My first 2.5 diesel had over 350,000 miles on it when ib was totaled...I have been looking for another and just bought a 1992 diesel with 176,000 miles that is just getting broken in.

A True Classic

by from LA on November 8, 2008

in 25 years I've had as many cars, but this one I've had since 2001 - bought used with 80k miles. First year I put a lot of money in it - typical for cars with those miles. At 110k mile the car has been incredibly dependable, very solid and a beautiful car to drive - and I'm VERY particular. But that's why I bought it. It's the first true performance sedan and it's a Mercedes - old school - their great straight 6 engine which is smooth as silk, torquey from idle to redline, quiet and indestructible. THe suspension is sublime as with all Benzes - but again this is old school with more weight, more windings on the coil springs, no electronic aids that spoil the driving experience like in the latest model. Everyone who love Benz should own one of these at some point in their lives. After 7 years I ready to move on, but I've savored every mile and gotten much more than I paid for.

Incredibly solid ride and high comfort w/excellent

by from bocaRaton,boston on June 5, 2011

Have owned two; both remarkably reliable, excellent road handling quality; good torque at low speeds with strong 6 cyliner straightinline engine; very smooth a powerful at speeds over 50 up to 100mph, top keeps road noise to a minimum (as compared to several other cars owned);leather seats and fine traveling vehicle; suggest water repelling tire treads, slightly oversized also good,always use high test, never pinging,find a good mechanic for maintenance and they are available!

Fabulous car

by from Colorado on July 19, 2012

I've owned my 300CE for 7 years, purchased with 125,000 miles and now has 254,000 miles. Car is still as solid as the day she was purchased. Fun car to drive, silky smooth engine and tranny with incredible torque for car of this age. Love the classic Benz styling and old school lines. THIS WAS THE REAL MERCEDES-BENZ ERA!!!

Nice Car

by from Kansas City, KS on November 25, 2007

I drove a 300E and it drives very nice and handles great. The features are good for such an old car and it's fairly reliable but never left stranded in the car.

Red Benz

by from Richmond, VA. on July 14, 2006

I have driven this vehicle over 110,000 miles and the ride is still very smooth and quite reliable. However, I have replaced the condenser (over $3000), wiring harness (over $1500), resonator ($500) along with all the normal maintanence and wear and tear. The car has been garaged but the paint has faded materially. I do not believe that the Benz is worth the premium you pay for the vehicle.

Disapointed

by from on October 8, 2012

I purchased this vehicle a year ago and have put under 3oo miles on it. $3000.00 in repairs and it sits in my driveway still not running.

Car is in great condition and drives very well

by from Fort Worth, TX on July 27, 2017

Drives well. Good acceleration and power. No issues with AC, cruise control, etc. Clean exterior and interior. Finishes still look new (despite this being an older car).
Not Rated Reliability

Quality, Comfort, Style, Performance

by from Carmel, Indiana on July 22, 2017

I bought this car from my doctor when it was 2 years old. It is so much fun to drive. It has a 4.2 lt V8 engine that is fast for acceleration. It is stylish with soft leather seats. It handles the road extremely well. The sound system is excellent with a 6 disc player.

Uses car for Havingfun