4.5
Average based on 19 reviews

A Benz that is TIMELESS

by from on December 6, 2010

First off, this car is better than any number rating that someone can come up with. Everthing about this car is wonderful. Everthing runs as accordingly. The seats are some of the best, and any car company can't make them, the car rides like butter, the radio is great (LOVE THE BOSE SOUND SYSTEM). You will love this 2001 Mercedes-Benz E class. P.S My car has 130,000 miles on it!!

owner

by from Frisco, texas on January 14, 2010

This is the most reliable Mercedes you can get, safety and great power. clasic looks. Change the oil every 10k and drive it till 200k miles atleast and resale stays almost the same 2 years later

Solid as a Rock

by from Mississippi on April 6, 2009

I recently had to return my Ford Edge at the end of its lease. (nice vehicle, BTW) I asked the Benz take who cares for my 1986 560sl which Mercedes sedan would he choose for a daily driver. Without hesitation he told me an '01 or '02 e320. Cheap to buy, relatively easy and cheap to work on, and bullet proof if properly maintained. He was right, if you find the right car with a maintenance history it's a BARGAIN for 12-14K. I bought an '01 with 62K and it feels like I'm driving a vault. I prefer the looks of the older E series as well.

2001 e320

by from tx on August 8, 2011

got car used in 3/15/2001 for 8,900 57,000 miles, clean. problems rear window regulator $125.00 not to bad of job, radio knob $15.00 , front headlites hazed over need polish kit for this, over all great car and i love it . i beleave this is the best used cars for your money.good gas milege and fast fast fast!

Gets Better with Age

by from Eastern Long Island on December 20, 2009

At 75,000 miles the reliability has improved greatly, the electrical problems are problems of the past. I had written in February, 2008, and said, "when all systems are go...". Apparantly, the teething years and teething miles are behind me. It's a keeper.

Road Star

by from Denver,CO on December 13, 2010

I think this car is most believed and trusted Mercedes-Benz ever. Since I have bought it, I have visited service only for std mileage oil change etc.

Best combination Of performance and style for $

by from Alamo, Ca on February 8, 2008

my E 320 has performed trouble free for me the whole time I have owned it. I average over 25mpg and get about 30mpg on long trips. It has a nicer ride than many of my more expensive so called "luxury cars" I have owned in the past. The reliability has been perfect for the first 150,000 miles and I cant Image replacing it with anything else.

So far

by from Albuquerque NM on October 24, 2013

Own the car only weeks, but impressed before I even received it. This car was IT in 2001, and it still maintains it's poise. I bought it at a fraction of what to cost new, and it has most bells and whistles that are offered today. It is still very quiet ride, performance still there, economy as much as can be expected, almost timeless in style and prestige.

Impressive Fuel Economy

by from on February 7, 2009

I have owned this car for over 5 years now (bought it used). With regular maintenance this car should last you forever.

More Car Than You Need

by from Hermosa Beach,CA on February 9, 2013

I have owned several Mercedes S class cars, including an S600 sedan, an S600 coupe, an S500 coupe, and 2 S400's. I should have listened to my mechanic,who said there is no need for a 600 outside of the Autobahn. They are extremely costly to repair, both for the parts and the labor. They also get poor gas milegae, about 13-15 mpg with my 2001 S600. There is really nothing different about the 600's other tahn the engine. So save your money and get a 400 series. Never had a better car.