2003 Mercedes Benz E Class

All smiles so far

by from Spring Lake NJ on March 12, 2016

2003 E500, with 130,000 miles. I have owned for just one month but I am so happy with my purchase. Great engine power, super smooth ride and a ton of curb appeal. The only thing I might change is the CD player which has a tendency to skip on bumpy terrain.

Greatest E320 ever

by from dallas fortworth,TX on November 5, 2012

Great car ,runs very strong ,excellent handling and performance, all i had to do is keep up with the recommended maintenance . I will buy another E320 any time .

Totally Satisfying

by from Wash.,DC on August 30, 2015

This car satisfies my desire for a sports car, and the family car that I need. The exterior and interior designs are perfect. Driving in the city or on the open road is an effortless experience.MB has gone above and beyond, on the necessary safety and comfort features for this vehicle. I truly lover this E-320.

reliable

by from Opa Loca, Fl on January 8, 2014

E320 is very roomy, very reliable, very smooth in driving. My wife and kids love this car. This car is very reliable, fun to drive.

minivan or luxury wagon

by from Columbus on August 9, 2006

quality and great value for money for a family of six and a dog. German engineering, quality throughout, great ride quality and super brand and styling. The 320E sedan is an excellent alternative to a minivan with great performance and reasonable fuel economy.

One of the Best Car I ever OWN

by from Minneapolis on May 8, 2017

I love this car, I am more of a SUV fan and was not keen to buy a Sedan but When I took the first Test run of this Car, I felt for it and made my offer to the Dealer and rest was a story, I drove this car for close to 4 years and would love to keep it but unfortunately I need to leave the State and have to sell it. :(

Nice looking car but not reliable

by from NJ on February 1, 2014

I owned 2003 e320 since 2005. Bought with 29k miles on it. My first 3 years was great, no problem at all and runs great, but after approximately 3 years with 70k miles, the nightmare begun. Replaced the air suspension unit, ball joint, lower/upper arm, some parts for heating system, then recently while driving in really cold weather Abs/bas/esp/brakes lights came on and started making squicking noise and then all of sudden the rear window shattered in a million pieces. Brought to shop and it cost me several thousands to replace all kinds of modules, rear window, brake system, etc. I researched on line for any recalls and found out that there are recalls back in 2005 about brake hydraulics and electrical system. I reported it to MB corporate but they said the recalls are not legit. With this multiple problems occurred happened all at the same time I strongly believe that there are some issue with electrical system but MB is no help at all. Please think twice before buying MB.

Safety First

by from Rockland NY on November 22, 2010

We bought a 2003 E320 4matic because we needed a used family car (as an alternative to driving our SUV all the time). My most important factor was safety as we were putting three kids in car seats in back seat. The E320 accomodates the 3 seats and doesn't feel completely cramped. Also, has head and side curtain as wll as the typical front airbags. What we also got in an 8 year old model year is incredible styling, handling, power (ours has v6 but, make no mistake, it goes). Since we have had it we've had some warning lights come on and then goe off appears to be sensor on the way out. But mechanically sound. My suggestion, if you want a great used car, find older MB with lower mileage, have it checked by mechanic for obvious major flaws, and then if no problems, buy it. Put some money aside for repairs if needed, that way you won't get scared away when people say - ohh - those are so expensive to fix. Because, I hate to say this, but our 8 year old Mercedes drives better than any brand new American or Japanese car I've driven, and it was half the price since it is 8 years old. Remember, when you buy a used quality car like this, you could replace practically the entire drive train and still be better off than buying a brand new basic car. And, you've purchased one of the safest cars out there, and one that holds the record for most miles on original engine (Volvo holds most total - but engine has been rebuilt twice)

Lucked out on this one!

by from Indiana on March 20, 2012

Was browsing Cars.com one Saturday morning and came across a one owner 2003 E500 with 54K miles for $17,000 at a local Nissan dealership. As I could not believe that this vehicle had such low miles and was flawless per the pictures, I immediately raced to dealership to check it out. In short, I purchased the vehicle after the test drive. Priced to move as the dealers pre-owned section was overflowing and of course due to V8 engine. Use vehicle primiarily for highway driving/road trips.

I own an E500

by from Atlanta on February 23, 2009

I had my E500 for 4 years now and I love it. Trouble free and proformace is outstanding. I am very statisfied and got one for my lady. Love this car and will do it again when the times comes.

Our Expert Review: 2003 Mercedes Benz E Class