2003 Mercedes Benz E Class

All Reviews

by from Spring Lake NJ on March 12, 2016

2003 E500, with 130,000 miles. I have owned for just one month but I am so happy with my purchase. Great engine power, super smooth ride and a ton of curb appeal. The only thing I might change is the CD player which has a tendency to skip on bumpy terrain.

by from dallas fortworth,TX on November 5, 2012

Great car ,runs very strong ,excellent handling and performance, all i had to do is keep up with the recommended maintenance . I will buy another E320 any time .

by from Wash.,DC on August 30, 2015

This car satisfies my desire for a sports car, and the family car that I need. The exterior and interior designs are perfect. Driving in the city or on the open road is an effortless experience.MB has gone above and beyond, on the necessary safety and comfort features for this vehicle. I truly lover this E-320.

by from Monterey, Ca on April 28, 2017

I bought my E320 used with 80,000 miles. Currently it has 268,000 miles and it still looks and runs just like the day I bought it. It's never broken down or needed major repairs. Just basic wear and tear parts and routine fluid changes. It's a very comfortable good looking car, easy to maintain and repair if you're a DIY person like myself. The 3.2 V6 engine is strong, quiet, good on gas and accelerates very quickly despite its size. The car handles very well on wet roads, curvy roads and high speed cornering. If you plan on buying one of these cars I recommend you double check its maintenance history!! These cars are very reliable as long as they have been properly maintained but can be an expensive nightmare to repair if they have been neglected. Maintain it yourself or find an independent Mercedes mechanic and order replacement parts over the Internet.

by from Opa Loca, Fl on January 8, 2014

E320 is very roomy, very reliable, very smooth in driving. My wife and kids love this car. This car is very reliable, fun to drive.

by from Columbus on August 9, 2006

quality and great value for money for a family of six and a dog. German engineering, quality throughout, great ride quality and super brand and styling. The 320E sedan is an excellent alternative to a minivan with great performance and reasonable fuel economy.

by from Mesa AZ on January 14, 2018

Purchased this car (E500) knowing it needed air struts, bought the struts on the internet and saved thousands. Installed the air struts myself. This car is absolutely beautiful and reliable at 123k. Everything works as it should and someone just wanted to discard a car that will run perfectly for another 200k. It is the Sport Model with every option. I wish I could upload pictures of this car, everyone that see?s it can?t believe how much it cost and want it. You don?t have to spend 50k to drive a Mercedes

by from Rockland NY on November 22, 2010

We bought a 2003 E320 4matic because we needed a used family car (as an alternative to driving our SUV all the time). My most important factor was safety as we were putting three kids in car seats in back seat. The E320 accomodates the 3 seats and doesn't feel completely cramped. Also, has head and side curtain as wll as the typical front airbags. What we also got in an 8 year old model year is incredible styling, handling, power (ours has v6 but, make no mistake, it goes). Since we have had it we've had some warning lights come on and then goe off appears to be sensor on the way out. But mechanically sound. My suggestion, if you want a great used car, find older MB with lower mileage, have it checked by mechanic for obvious major flaws, and then if no problems, buy it. Put some money aside for repairs if needed, that way you won't get scared away when people say - ohh - those are so expensive to fix. Because, I hate to say this, but our 8 year old Mercedes drives better than any brand new American or Japanese car I've driven, and it was half the price since it is 8 years old. Remember, when you buy a used quality car like this, you could replace practically the entire drive train and still be better off than buying a brand new basic car. And, you've purchased one of the safest cars out there, and one that holds the record for most miles on original engine (Volvo holds most total - but engine has been rebuilt twice)

by from NJ on February 1, 2014

I owned 2003 e320 since 2005. Bought with 29k miles on it. My first 3 years was great, no problem at all and runs great, but after approximately 3 years with 70k miles, the nightmare begun. Replaced the air suspension unit, ball joint, lower/upper arm, some parts for heating system, then recently while driving in really cold weather Abs/bas/esp/brakes lights came on and started making squicking noise and then all of sudden the rear window shattered in a million pieces. Brought to shop and it cost me several thousands to replace all kinds of modules, rear window, brake system, etc. I researched on line for any recalls and found out that there are recalls back in 2005 about brake hydraulics and electrical system. I reported it to MB corporate but they said the recalls are not legit. With this multiple problems occurred happened all at the same time I strongly believe that there are some issue with electrical system but MB is no help at all. Please think twice before buying MB.

by from St. Paul, MN on July 9, 2010

I am the guy who just traded this car for an Odyssey. $67,000 buys a lot of car today. Imagine what it bought in 2003. There is not another one like it within 500 miles. The keyless go is sweet. You never have to take the key out of your pocket. The car unlocks itself when you get to it and then you push a button to start the car. It is also equipped with distronic which is a radar controlled cruise control. I will miss this feature the most. You set the cruise and if someone pulls in front of you it will slow down on its own and then return to speed when they get out of the way. It will also alert you if you are about to hit someone. Finally, it is really fast/quick. It is after all a 5 liter V8. My wife will miss that part. -B

Our Expert Review: 2003 Mercedes Benz E Class