2011 Mercedes Benz E Class

Handles like a dream

by from Florida on June 22, 2010

A remarkable automobile.like floating on a cloud. Now if only the garage door opener worked it would be perfection.

Good Bye Lexus Hello Mercedes!

by from Tallahassee, FL on December 30, 2012

I have been a past loyal Lexus owner (LS400 and LS430). I saw a massive quality decline from the 400 to the 430. Problems with undercarriage rust, catalytic converter, Mark Levinson sound system/junk. Speakers all rattle/blown. Nakamichi was better by far. Seat supports failed, rear wheel bearings falied. Very poor response after contacting Lexus (sad). Decided to try the Germans. Boy have I been pleasantly surprised with the new E350. Car feels like a tank, seats very supportive, command voice controls for NAV and satelite radio extremely effective and simple. Engine power from the 6 almost as responsive as the Lexus 8 with better fuel economy. As this is my first Merc I am hoing this car lives up to the heritage I have seen from the Mercedes models of the 70s and 80s especially the almost unbelievable milage records racked up by the Mercedes indestructible diesels. So far I am very impressed with my new Mercedes E350 and the workmanship of the interrior fit and finish of the German engineers. I am a critical car owner and will follow this up as I experience the car and rack up more driving miles.

Significantly improved

by from Boston, MA on September 10, 2012

I had previously owned a 2006 E350 AWD and was very happy with the car from an overall perspective having gone from a 2000 E430. I have recently traded into a 2011 E350 AWD and WOW, what a difference. I can say every feature and performance has been improved. The electronics, especially the GPS, backup camera and controls are a generation beyond the 06. Seating is better, wider in front more room in the rear. The styling is vastly more impressive. Transmission is much smoother and engine performance is a bit better. LOVE the car.

Great Car!

by from miami on July 29, 2011

I have driven a lot of different cars, VW Touareg V8, SLK300, G500, Land Rovers etc.. This is a fantastic car. Navi and radio are great, looks great, feels great. It is crazy how going 85mph feels like 50mph, smoothest and quietest car I have ever driven. Its so relaxing to just sit in the car while its moving and not turn any sound on or anything. Brakes are great, an automatic rear sunshade! Plenty of room in the back. Just a great overall car. Only two downsides. The car has the shifter on the wheel. I am not a big fan of that but it makes for a lot more room in the center console. Also the handing is fantastic it just the steering wheel does not have much road feel. The car is still very new so I need to get used to the way it feels but it does not have tight steering like a G500 or SLK. But great car if you are looking for a nice, quiet, smooth ride with good safety and technology with some performance 0-60 in 6.5secs is not bad at all. This is a great buy!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Well Balanced, Excellent Ride

by from Vancouver on June 3, 2011

Had a C 350 4matic Sedan before this one. Thought they perform similar. However the E class is way ahead in terms of ride and comfort. Seats are very supportive and interior is way more luxurious than the E. Worth the upgrade. Good value for the money. Don't understand why the other comments are all five in other criteria except for " vlaue for the Money". If it is good, you have to pay men. Not a performance car, but the power is more-than-sufficient, so I give it 4 stars. Wouldn't want to leave the driver seat everytime I drive it. The aggressive look make it stand out from the previous e models.

E350 convertible / The Perfection

by from Sarasota on February 21, 2011

I drove the car since Dec. 2010 with the AMG Sport package and was very much pleased! Absolute perfect handling, no aqua planning, perfect traction, super sound system (the vehicle is fully loaded), airscarf is a wonderful invention (hot air is blowing into the neck), real leather on the seats, sensor measuring the need of stopping due to long legs of the people behind, very large trunk, what could be better? More tank capacity and more reach, a little bit more space for larger people sitting behind and a sharper sticker pricing! As already said: vehicle is near perfection, specially when driving open! And, no noise, no rattling, no squeaking, complement Mercedes!

E550 4-Matic

by from Ellicott City, Maryland on December 12, 2011

I LOVE THIS CAR! What a joy to drive and looks and rides even better. I had a 2007 E550 4-Matic and this one is ever better, if you can believe that!

The Redesigned Benz... The A212 E350 luxury sedan

by from Irvine, CA on January 23, 2012

Mercedes revamped the E-class in 2010, and as the 3rd year production of this new generation E class, Mercedes has succeeded in making its mid-sized luxury line a lot more desirable. Even though the handling of the new E-class is still not comparable to the BMW 5 series, it's technology user-friendliness has improved by ages from the last generation. Navigation, voice command, and the rare night vision option are a lot easier to use. You may have a hard time trying to work the shift knob situated right next to the steering wheel instead of the center console; but once you get used to it, it is actually pretty effortless. With plenty of room in the back, this heavy sedan may need a little more oomph as the 3.5L V6 engine only produces 268 horses and 258 lb-ft of torque. The front styling is superbly designed (looks almost, if not, more expensive than the S-class IMO). Overall, this is a great mid-sized family luxury sedan! (it takes a lot for me to say good things about Mercedes since I've always been a Bimmer man)

Best Car I've EVER owned....and I've had a few!

by from Sharon, Massachusetts on September 1, 2015

I've owned a Land Rover LR3, a Mercedes ML 350 (both SUV's). I was stunned when I drove the E 350 for the first time, the ride was smooth as silk, the cabin was whisper quiet, and the car handled like a dream...it felt like I was riding on air! My car is Iridium Silver with Black interior, in my opinion the most expensive looking color combination option that MB offers. I've had it for a year and my warrantee is about to expire. The MB dealership I take it to has ALWAYS been fantastic. I did some research when I first got the car and found that there was a known problem with the wood fading (no UV protection was added to the varnish). I spoke to the dealer (I didn't even buy the car there) and they replaced all of the wood AMAZING SERVICE. I have not had one mechanical, or other problem with that car.....I LOVE IT!!!

The Best E class of all time

by from Colorado Springs on April 18, 2011

Excellent drive, handling, AWD, interior styling, Blue tooth, Telephone sync, iPod Sync. Beautiful car, wooden steering, intutive controls. Way ahead of the Audi, BMW, Lexus and Acura.

Our Expert Review: 2011 Mercedes Benz E Class