G550 Owner

by from Milwaukee, WI on January 27, 2012

The Mercedes G series has been on the market since 1979 and from the exterior it has not changed much. These vehicles are hand made in Graz Austria and you can tell from the quality of the interior. The attention to detail is astounding, better than any Range Rover I have ever been in. The handling is typical of a vehicle with this kind of height but I think putting it in the Cons category is unfair, I conquered the twisty mountain roads of Colorado with no drama. Owning a car like this is an experience, it is by no means a family car. There is no power lift gate, the rear seats are so high you need a step stool to get in, the front seats are narrow and not very supportive, the doors are so heavy that no 10 year old could ever open or close them, the actual vehicle height restricts what parking structures you can get into, and the ride is comfortable but by no means in the same league as a Range Rover. With all that said you might be wondering why I rated this car with 5 stars for value or why I even bought it in the first place. The answer is simple, I love it, and I appreciate every stitch that someones hand put in the leather. I appreciate its uniqueness and quirks and for that; for me it's worth every penny.

GOOD CLASSIC

by from mbombela on August 17, 2012

Given the age of the design I guess the G is a good car. Overpriced yes, but nothing beats that growl. The interior is dated and could do with 2012 touches.

Great deal

by from Fayetteville Ar. on February 22, 2012

I have had the chance to drive this vehicle and it is a outstanding ride. It is a great SUV to own. I would recommend that if you have the chance too own one. This is in a league all its own.

Good Car