2008 Mercedes Benz Gl Class

Most fun to drive

by from Arlington Hts Il on August 4, 2017

This SUV is rock solid yet handles very well for a full size vehicle. The interior is very comfortable and cabin noise is very minimal. It's a perfect luxury 7 seat SUV in my opinion. It's roomy, both elegant and athletic inside. The GL450 is a competent vehicle with ample cargo capacity for transporting our large items. It is equipped with pk1 package, keyless go, 2 dual DVD players, trailer hitch, ipod integration kit and 19'' inch wheel package. I love my GL.

Most comfortable car i ever owned

by from Arlington Hts on July 29, 2017

This car meet my needs. It has planty of legroom front tp back. Provides best ride out of all cars i ever tested.

Uses car for Havingfun

Very comfotable 3 row suv

by from northbergen nj on July 25, 2017

This suv is very comfortable with multi-contour seats and adaptive air ride. Also great space and adults can fit comfortable in the third row which is rare for third row seats. 550 model has smooth power and thrust giving acceleration. Recommend this suv.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Bought 2. Perfect mntn car, love the mpgs & safety

by from Boulder, CO on May 6, 2017

These cars are my dream car. The 2008 CDI engine is one of the best engines they built according to 2 retired Stuttgart engineers I met camping once. Downside: the suspension is the main red item that will need to be replaced. I put 32k miles on my last one within 14 months so the reliability and 24-26 mpgs are real for the diesel. Around town ~18-20 because I tend to use the turbo function more than most. I'm hard on cars and this one takes it. As a mom of 3 with dog and 1 kid into horses, this GL320 is a beast in a good way. If you want to tow the touted 7000+lbs you will need to get a special stability controller. Mine was $300 total. The packages are vastly different so if you really like that heated steering wheel, the special ergonomic front seats or heated seats in the back make sure it has that. DVD system can come with either. Kids can use regular headphones in the system and in park, can play movies through the front screen even without the DVD fn, fyi. Little things that aren't advertised. The rest, like safety is a given for this brand. I've been rear ended in my old E350 wagon at a light 2xs by a Jeep & Odyssey both going 45+mph and their cars were totaled and I drove away with my kids unscathed. Same scenario, friend in a Subaru wagon (long bed in back) & her spine was cracked from impact. So safety is the biggest reason I own this brand.

Great Car

by from Menifee on April 28, 2017

Love it , it a good looking in and out and very comfortable car great driving vehicle everyone should have one.

Family Car

by from Florida on April 16, 2017

Roomy, powerful and solidly built, the 2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class is one of the very best three-row crossover SUVs you can buy.

2008 GL550 What a beast!!!!!

by from Dewitt,VA. on April 6, 2016

I have been looking for a good all around suv with comfort,speed, quality and looks. I have a 2003 Land Rover that did great in the snow but is no match for the gl550. I searched the web and found mine and love it. A suv with a sunroof is great and all my friends love it as much as I do.The third row seats are great but I leave them down. The leather seats are soft and comfortable with a smooth ride to boot.

Fun SUV! But Very Costly

by from Colorado on December 10, 2012

This car is amazing! It is a head-turner, sports car, family SUV, and offroad machine all-in-one! I love how smooth and quiet the 5.5L engine is (despite having WAY too much power) and the 7-speed transmission is a dream for anyone looking for a smooth ride. The car has plenty of space and handle shockingly well for its size. But it does have its downsides. First off, mine is a GL550 equipped with the offroad package and being the GL550, it has 21-inch rims. If you live in a snowy region or want to offroad a lot, be aware that there are VERY few tire options for this car. I have yet to find snow tires that fit this car which makes icy driving scary. Also, offroading isn't too bad but again, tires are so limited and thin that they will flat a lot if you drive it hard enough. THIS CAR IS EXPENSIVE!!! I have only 68k miles on mine, and I've replaced the shocks, all brakes (twice), alternator, battery, and fuel pump. Pretty soon I will need a new transfer case which sells for $2800 not including labor. It is a very expensive and hardly reliable vehicle. BOTTOM LINE: If you want this car, you will be amazed by its overall abilities and performance. But be warned that you will spend a lot of money on things that you won't expect to happen. This is after all a Mercedes-Benz, so don't complain when you have to replace a bunch of stuff!

Nothing Like A Benz

by from Los Angeles, CA on March 12, 2012

This is my 4th Benz and so far I've never been disappointed. Great vehicle that suits my needs. All the amenities are spot on. Rides like a sedan rather than a truck. Love it.

2008 GL320

by from Colorado on April 18, 2011

We purchased our 2008 GL320 as a certified preowned vehicle and have been very happy with our purchase thus far. The diesel gets great mileage for a vehicle of its size and heft. Buying the car used made the high price a little more tolerable. We were considering a GMC Acadia that would have been the same price new with the features that we wanted. We though our money was better spend on a diesel benz!!!