2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class consumer reviews

Explore the 2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
Shop the 2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
4.4

Car is not available

This car is great but its not available. They use this trick to lure you into the dealership. Just beware.

Luxury Family Car

I went from a Minivan to the 2012 GL 450. I like the 3rd row seating and power lift gate in the back. The safety features attracted us to this car. The blind spot detector is our favorite safety feature and next would have to be the locking seat belts. The down sides I see are that the 2nd row seat belts don't adjust up and down which can be rough on little necks. The headrests in the back are bulky and a bit uncomfortable. When I take a call, the kids can't watch the video I'm playing from the front COMAND system. The COMAND system also won't automatically play videos when the car starts... I have to turn them on with the remotes. Plus * The kids can watch videos in the back using wireless headphones while I can finally listen to what I want. MBRACE is an amazing feature. We have already used it while traveling to find out what was causing traffic on the highway and the representative could tell us exactly how much longer the delay was and alternative routes. I feel very at ease knowing they are there in the event of an emergency as well. The keyless start and entry is a bit tricky. My husband was driving and I had the keys in my car. As he dropped me off and continued on to our vacation home, he realized he didn't have the key and couldn't start the car once it was turned off. We quickly removed the push button from the key hole and solely use the key now. Overall and magnificent car- smooth, quiet ride and lots of power.

2.9

mercedes cut corners, obsolete

I own a GL450. While I like its body design and trust Mercedes' engine, I can't believe it that Mercedes cuts corners on a supposedly luxury brand. Example 1: The in-dash GPS system is not touch screen and is totally obsolete; even a $100 Garmin works million times more efficiently and conveniently than the in-dash GPS. Examples 2: poor sound insulation, high wind noise; even my old Ford Taurus is superior to GL450 in this regard. Mercedes is so designed just to keep their cost down by a couple hundred dollars on a $70k+ car?

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

this car is amazing i just bought a 2011 gl350 and it is outstanding this car is worth every penny and not to mention how safe this car is! i feel like im in a tank when im driving this bad boy!

The best SUV on the road today.

The Germans may not be known for their romantic skills, but they sure know how to make great cars. The Mercedes GL 550 is a stunning vehicle and engineered to perfection. The power and road holding is amazing considering the size and weight of this SUV. It is a very safe and practical vehicle equally at home on a quick kid's school run or a 500 mile day trip. I am very happy to have chosen Mercedes again. The cars are expensive, but you do get what you pay for.

Diesel at its best

It has been one month and the GL 350 diesel is meeting every expectation. The GL350 is smooth, responsive and drives very much like a sedan. The command centre is quite intuitive and well thought out. Visibility is superb and the safety features are second to none. Gas mileage has been exceptional for a seven seater. Cargo space is super.