2012 GLK-Class

4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Perfect present for the Thai wife & baby

by Mountain Man from Boulder Creek, CA on January 2, 2012

Happy New Year! I just bought the little wife a new 2012 GLK 350 4-Matic. We got a great deal and everything she wanted. I highly recommend getting the premium package, Navi, heated seats and AWD. We live in The Santa Cruz mountains of northern California on a steep and winding road. It's very important that our cars are comfortable spirited and handle well. We traded her wonderful little Acura TSX for the GLK. The GLK is proving a worthy replacement. The look and feel of the GLK on mountain roads is a real thrill. It also handles the uneven pavement and turnouts smoothly in a way that a sedan would not. We took it up the coast today on CA 1 to catch the sunset and.it passed slower traffic with ease rivaling my 328i in sport mode. The V6 is impressive, braking is solid and smooth, the handling is sporty & superb, and the thing is a tank (this is a good thing). This is a solid vehicle and its the 1st MBZ in years to get my attention. The luxurious interior is very quiet at low and highway speeds. The gas milage is not the best but its not much worse than my BMW, and you are nuts if you buy an SUV to save gas. The GLK is a much better car than the more expensive ML too. Its a better value and nicer car IMHO than the X3. The GLK blows the over priced Q5 out of the water. If you want a real AWD performance cross over SUV this is a perfect car for you. You will not believe the value for the money!

Wonderful option for an SUV

by From the C300 to GLK 350 from on July 3, 2012

OK, Here it goes, we love the mercedes, have an slk and I sold the C300 to get into an SUV. Looked at Audi, Volvo and BMW but love Mercedes. The look is odd for todays SUV's but it is simply a wonderful handling vehicle and is very comfy. Reminds us of our C CLass and is very familiar. SO far after a week we just love it. Fuel is so, so but it is bigger and towing capacity if fine. In short, drives like a sedan but a little heavier but you have some truck like features. We couldnt be any happier.

Love my GLK

by Stella from Westfield, nj on April 11, 2016

Had always admired this car but it was only when my CLK350 hit a pothole and blew her tire that I took her in for service and decided to go to the show room just to browse the GLK. There were none on the showroom floor. The gentleman I had bought my original Mercedes from explained to me that they sold so quickly they couldn't keep them on the showroom floor but he had two in stock and showed me both of them in the lot. I need to caveat by saying this was a certified preowned Mercedes GLK. I have never bought a new Mercedes and I'm not sure that I would, considering their certified preowned policy and the great history I have had with their vehicles in the past. What Joe showed me, sold me. 11,000 miles. Sapphire grey, (one of my criteria was that I did not want black white or silver Mercedes which they only seem to make). This car was gorgeous with all of the premium upgrades, navigation 4-Matic, wood interior, dual sunroof...everything. I bought and drove home that afternoon, trading in my CLK and shedding a tear to her goodbye. However, that said, this is the best purchase I could have made. As I get older, it has everything I need. I don't have to bend over to put groceries in the car, it's comfortable, it's not too big, I can park it easily, it's pretty and everyone loves it. And she has all the pep I need. The only downside is that Mercedes is no longer making this model. Arghhhhh!!

Love my 2012 GLK

by Bren from Lehighton, PA on June 4, 2012

I love my new 2012 GLK. It has an unbelievably smooth and quiet ride, great power, and fantastic options. The only down side is the gas mileage; however, if you are buying an SUV gas mileage shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Large Man Needed Comfortable Ride

by precisionengineer from Panama City, Fl. on July 25, 2017

I am 6'-3" and 220#. I drive 41,500 miles a year just to the office and back. I needed and found a comfortable ride that I should be able to get 300,000 mile plus out of. I bought it with 18,000 miles on it for $22,000.00 Dec. 2016. The front is spacious. Great sound system; duel moon roofs; command system. The back seat is a little small for average to tall people. But, I only have someone back there maybe 3 times a year. Only thing I would change - it runs on premium gas. The ride is very comfortable. Can drive all day and not be sore. I will buy another when this one dies.

GREAT CAR

by annie from on March 4, 2012

I LOVE this car. I love the feel of the car, the drive, the exterior, the interior, the whole deal. This is one sweet ride.

I love my GLK 350

by Cal from Birmingham, AL on April 9, 2012

I love my GLK 350, but I hate the gas mileage that it gets around the city. My GLK gets a 5 for city mileage, but styling and realiability is a 10!!

Bought used but good news

by ernieB from Santa Maria, CA on July 16, 2015

Shopped around and compared the SUV options available and settled for a 2012 MB GLK SUV model because I did not want to get hit again with the new car depreciation cost and this GLK model was just what I needed. I've owned a 1966 250 SE Mercedes which gave excellent service until sold with 220,000 miles. Still miss it today. I like the SUV models for their functionality and my 2003 Saturn VUE served well but it was time to upgrade. I am happy for the decision to purchase the GLK350 because every drive is a pleasure. It's quiet, powerful, beautifully appointed, well equipped, and very comfortable. Attention to detail is typical Mercedes high quality inside and out. I look forward to the next 100,000 miles of driving in safe comfort.

most technological car I've ever owned

by Deadeye from Omaha, Ne on August 23, 2012

Great vehicle, the only problem is that everything is optional. The vehicle comes with packages from the dealer, but getting more options....cost. Can't wait for winter to see if it gets around as well as the dealer says.

I Love My Car

by Peter&Debbie from Raleigh, NC on March 10, 2016

We shopped for several comparable SUVs, including new ones, and this MB GLK350 was the best value for our money. This car has all the options of a luxury model car, and we think the quality and workmanship is better than the newer models. MB stopped making the GLK350 models in 2015, so we are happy we got it. It has better visibility than the newer models, a solid yet sporty ride, and it is perfect for petite people like my wife. She tells everyone "I love my car". It is a classy ladies SUV that does not make you feel like a car-pool mom; and guys will not feel like a sissy driving this car.

1 2 3 4