2008 M-Class

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great Car

by Car enthusiast from Braintree, MA on August 31, 2007

Very dependeable car so far. Much better experience than with my previous X5. Handles very well, and it looks great. Very smooth all around.

How sweet it is

by MikeTrax from Boone NC on August 25, 2013

I live in the mountains and my car is a 320 diesel . Coupled with the 7 speed transmission it really has plenty of power to spare and I'm typically getting 24 mpg which is highway mileage . The car has the sport package and handles the complex terrain very well. With a 25 gallon tank, the car has a 620 mile range. My last Mercedes had 220,000 miles and 15 years when I turned it over to my son-in-law . It runs like a clock. You pay a little more up front, but in the end it pays you back.

Definitely a Keeper

by Automotive Enjoyee from Chicago on April 28, 2008

I have a 320 CDI and absolutely love it. From the fit/finish to the comfort and beauty, it is a great vehicle all around. The diesel is a pleasure to drive, has enough torque to do what I need in traffic. Besides the fact I average 25 mpg around town. I haven't taken it on a longer trip but I bet it will be at least 30mpg on the open road. I only have 1100 miles on the car, but have only filled it 2 times. You guessed it, that is 550 miles on one tank, and that is around town. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recommend a diesel to anyone who wants a very efficient alternative to a hybrid. What would be most excellent is to make a diesel hybrid.

Cant be beat for the price!

by Jed from Tampa, Fl on August 15, 2007

I have been dying for the new 2008 ML 350 to come out and theyre finally here. The 2007s were nice but a little pricey, now that the 2008s come standard with tons of nice features and accessories, its worth the money. I just got mine during their summer promotion. You can also get good deals on the 2007s right now, since the 08s are moving in. The Positives: Great features, easily acceesible all from the steering wheel, its just too easy and its intuitive. After 2 minutes, I knew where everything was and it just felt natural. The gas mileage is suppossed to be good, but i hear its better in diesel. The versatility is really great, it has tons of accessories to add on (think - Honda Element). I am getting the dog divider, bike rack, snowboard rack, and winch. I looked at the Hummer2 and 3, the Land Rover 2 and 3 series, and the less pricey ones (toyota, honda, and subaru) and really, this car gets you so much more for the money. The Negatives: Sure its expensive, but its a Mercedes. Its a mechanical marvel and a technological wonder. A great mid size SUV with tons of tech (GPS, Nav, RSA, LowJak, Satellite Radio, BlueTooth, rear cam, and TONS of accessories). Go do your homework and then test drive it, you will see what I mean.

Luxury suv fit for work and pleasure

by Dom from NJ on December 13, 2007

Bought 08 ml demo with tons of upgrades. If you can afford it go for the upgrades. The base model looks to plain. The upgrades include, appearance pkg, sportier rims, running boards, nav, ipod, heated seats, crome trimming. The car looks awesome. I love the ride, it is great for work, beach, pleasure. In the snow the car is great. I am glad I got the ml vs the s 550.

Traded an Acura

by Don't know much but I do know this from Euless,Tx on February 2, 2008

I traded an MDX for this 08 ML350. I have had it three months and just short of 900 miles. I look forward to driving it on the weekends. It is a true pleasure to drive thus far. Navigation takes some getting used to so have patience.

Faithful old car

by MTav from Vancouver, WA on July 23, 2017

As a premium, strong, and safe car, I'd buy this again, but there are reliability issues. The build, sturdiness, power, ability to easily toe most of your daily use stuff ( even a small boat), cabin comfort and quality, low cabin noise, easy to operate, tight turning radius, are all pluses. It's a soldly built car and very safe. It never let me down in snow or mountains, even without traction tires. The road noise is minimal, and the drive enjoyable. ALthough I own a diesel version, but the acceleration is more than adequate, and gas mileage very satisfactory for a car this size and weight.The negative is expensive parts and maintenance, occasional expensive repairs ( starting at 50K miles). If reliability and repair issues were resolved, I'd buy this car again.

Grt=eat SUV for the money

by benz family from Blackwood NJ on April 30, 2014

This SUV has style and comfort, it handles very well and is responsive. It came equipped with the Edition package and everything works properly and has met all my expectations. It has been a pleasure to own and I fully expect it to last as long as my last Mercedes which I had for nine years.

Just what I was looking for

by Neatstreet from Mesa,Az on April 27, 2018

I looked for a car exactly like this for approximately 16 months. With arthritis of the hip I needed to ditch the C230 Kompressor I had and move up to a SUV. I looked and monitored for pricing for a long time. I watched the prices drop and decided to see if coulter was in a bargaining position to help me out. I went, saw and drove the car and knew the price asking for this car was just up my alley. They got me a good loan with a bank and I was soon driving pain free as the challenge of getting into and out of the low sitting sedan was a issue for me. Now I just slide in and out and the comfort factor is a step up from my last Mercedes. Really enjoy the car and have already had several compliments on the car.

"Should have kept my Acura MDX touring"

by unhappy with merceds-benz from Norwalk, CT on June 6, 2008

I have not had my 2008 ML 350 for a year and it has been back to the dealer for problems 4 times... Problems like : being stuck in gear not being able to move, when shifting into drive and stepping on the gas the suv went backwards. electrical problems : mirrors not closing when armed, telescoping steering not working, drivers seat not working, navigation sytem losing settings and more. For the cost this suv should not have problems at 7000 mlies. Looks great drives well but is not reliable....

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3