2009 M-Class

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

Have you driven the 2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class?

I look forward to driving the ML350

by Love to Fly from Los Angeles on Sat Jul 25 2009

The 2009 ML350 2WD is my daily driver. We also have a "08 CL550 and 06 Porsche 997. Because my other 2 vehicles are really 2 person cars (even the CL), I wanted a comfortable, stylish crossover. The '09 ML-350 is a better value in my opinion than the BMW X5. I also think the X5 is looking a little dated. The interior of the X5 may be a little higher quality, but the ML-350 has a more comfortable ride. The absolute best value is the 09 Pilot 4WD Touring at about $40k. I simply have had too many Honda's over the years and wanted something different. I did not consider the Audi, Lexus or any other choices. My 4 favorite cars brands are Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and Honda. I bought the 2WD version because I just don't need 4WD. I purchased the Premium 1 Package. I only wished it had backup sensors. The Premium 2 package was not worth $6000 additional to me. The ML I ordered has most of the features that I wanted (except the backup sensors). The ML navi system is the best yet. The sound system in the ML is really nice. The bluetooth works perfectly. The ride is smooth but a little sloppy in hard turns. The ML is REALLY quiet. The "leatherette" interior of the ML is a little on the weak side in terms of "visual" quality. The braking is a little too soft for my taste.I love the ML styling and my wife likes to drive the ML. She especially likes the ease of use of he navi. I got a great deal on the ML and have had no buyer remorse. My only regrets are that my wife thinks I should have bought the Premium 2 Package. Oh well.

My Mercedes ML350

by benz lover from Birmingham. AL on Fri Dec 21 2012

I have only had this car for a couple of weeks but I really like it. I went from a 2012 Lexus RX350 to a 2009 ML. My Ml seem so much tighter and much heavier than theRX. It is comfortable,great looking and drives great! I would have loved a new ML but had to settle for used with 26,000 miles. I am very happy that I found this one through Cars.com Thanks!

ML 320 CDI Bluetech

by ML Daily Driver from South FLorida on Mon Mar 28 2011

This vehicle is comfortable,good on fuel, and reliable. aside from being fast and and easy on the eyes the styling updates from the 06//07 model year make it a gorgeous vehicle wether its sitting in the driveway or on the highway. Currently I'm getting around 560 - 600 miles to the tank of fuel mixed city and highway. averaging 80 MPH. My unit is equipped with premium 1 & 2 packages. the only option I'm missing (wish it had)would be the airmatic and the HID lighting. the radio with ipod integration is awesome the only downside to the unit is the Voice commands. Maybe i haven't spent enough time for it to train me. This Benz is truely a blast to Drive and is a great value compared to the Hybrid model.

Great Car

by J from Chicago on Tue Mar 08 2011

Very happy with my purchase. The only drawback is gas milage. The interior is very luxurious and the SUV drives like a luxury car.

best overall car i have owned

by car nut from phoenix on Mon May 18 2009

highly recommended. great range and economy.wooden leather steering wheel is very elegant. leather upholstery comfortable. diesel engine very economical especially on the highway.

Most reliable car I've ever own.

by Tina from Philadelphia, pa on Sun Oct 25 2015

I Have driven this vehicle for about three years and know I up grade it to a newer year and I am more in love with it. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to buy one. You would not be disappointed.

Fast Fun and Comfortable

by Monty from Sacramento, CA on Tue Mar 18 2014

This car is awesome, one of the fastest cars I have driven and the ambiance of the engine on full acceleration is breath taking. Unlike other brands this one is also comfortable on curves and uneven pavement. A Beast with comfort as well!

most impresive suv I have ever owned

by dinks from london ontario on Sun Apr 05 2009

overall an excellent vehicle that meets or exceeds my expectations.when compared to other SUV's that I have owned,the ML 320 Blue Tec has the unique character of being very stylish ,economical for a vehicle of its size yet feels solid when driving at reasonable speeds on the highway.Perhaps one complaint is the high price that has to be paid for such luxury but then in life you tend to get what you pay for.Would buy another M B ML320 vehicle in the future.

The Car of My Dreams

by Mike H from Phillipsburg, NJ on Mon Mar 06 2017

I wasn't really in the market for a new vehicle, but I was searching for a new service provider for my old vehicle when I found a 2009 ML 550 with just over 98K miles on it. After a few minor repairs, it has been running exceptionally well. So well, that another 100K seems like a distinct possibility. Also, I am very impressed with its very good fuel consumption for its type of motor.

Fast & Comfortable SUV

by Month from Roseville, CA on Mon Feb 24 2014

The ML63 AMG is awesome, fast, comfortable and sexy with all the extras everyone wants. Chose this car over Porch turbo SUV and BMW X5. This car is probably the finest SUV available on the road. Bought the car new in Aug 2009 and I still love it in 2014.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

The 2009 Mercedes-Benz ML320 looks nearly identical to the ML350 and ML550, but is totally different to drive, mostly because the ML320 is a clean-burning diesel. Maybe it's like dating twins, although I've never done it so I can't say for sure. If you have, let me know if I'm totally off-base (I promise not to judge you).

This diesel is touchy and uppity. It takes some time to figure out how to finesse it because it's pretty hyper. I was snapping everyone's heads around for a day or so until I got used to it. Technically it's called torque, but I call it herky-jerky. Whatever you call it, it required me to make some adjustments to the way I drove. The smaller diesel engine is quite powerful. On... Read More