Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2002 SLK-Class

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Have You Driven the 2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class?

Intoxicating

by Mercedes Junky from New York, NY on Thu Mar 25 2010

Warning: Owning this car may be hazzardous to your licence! The SLK 32 is shockingly quick, amazingly fast, exceptionally nimble, it brakes like you've dropped a 10 ton anchor out the back and it's comfortable on the long haul. The heat is hot enough to keep your "top down" excursions running well into the late fall and the A/C will stave off all but the most oppressive heat. The Bose sound system is loud and fantastically clear. The car is pure entertainment, a love affair, a childhood dream realized. Put it all together and you'll find youself on the road far more that usual and at speeds that just aren't prudent. Like I said earlier... your licence will be in grave danger the day you buy this car. But, you'll love every minute of it... I sure did! I've owned a B5 Passat, an SLK320, a G35 and currently own a CLK 500 cab... I've loved them all, but my heart will always belong to my SLK 32 . She's the one that got away.

I miss her all ready...

by Durby from Indianapolis, IN on Tue May 04 2010

By far the most fun I've had topless in my life! Fast acceleration, great styling and performance. I just wish that the CD changer was more accessible.

SLK 230 or 320?

by RichD from Cleveland, OH on Thu Jun 27 2013

Have always loved the look of the SLK 230. Now that some of the early models were in may price range I started my quest in ernest. I 've always driven stick shift cars but found such Mercedes very difficult to find. I test drove at least six SLK Kompressors , all w/ auto trans. All had sporty ride / handling, but felt sluggish from dead start. I hoped a manual trans w/ 4 cyl. might be the answer but never found one. Instead I located an SLK 320 w/ 6spd manual and loved that combo! Felt like a rocket!.Unfortunately, that car needed a clutch so that made it too costly. Frustrated, my research led me to a Chrysler Crossfire, built on same assembly line as SLK. I found an '04 w/ 66K miles for $4000 less then a SLK & bought it. Very similar ride / handling, lots of features but w/ a hot rod look of 19" rear tires & sweeping hatch back styling that is unique. I love it!

Best car I've ever owned

by SLKlover from Gloucester, MA on Sun Jul 02 2017

I own and drive daily a manual transmission 2002 SLK 230 Kompressor . I have 170,000 miles on the car and the only expenses have been new tires, regular service and replacement of faulty ignition lock. The car still has the original clutch. I bought the car new and intentional bought it with the fewest options possible. Simpler is better. Love it! Its simple, good looking, sporty to drive and the retractable hard top is great. The large trunk easily holds a full set of golf clubs and folding cart. Once a year the local Mercedes dealer calls and asks if I want to upgrade. The answer is always no. I figure this car is good for another 100,000 miles.

Small aggressive and fast

by John from Harleysville on Sun Nov 11 2018

The car is awesome- Small, fast, fun- Loved the way the roof folds into the trunk and still had room for a couple overnight bags.

Fun Fun Fun

by erich760 from MORONGO VALLEY on Sat Jun 16 2018

A real head turner - lots of fun around town - your neighbors will all want a ride - just dont buy too many groceries as there is not lots of room -

The fastest car I've owned

by chiefv from san diego, california on Tue Jul 17 2007

I bought the car from a 65 year old lady (she looked a lot younger, maybe because of enjoying the slk amg). I got it for $24900 with only 24000 miles. So far the car handles great and the acceleration is out of this world. The car passed smog check with flying colors (0 emission) It has AMSOIL (I heard it is better than Mobil 1) put in it and I just changed the air filter element to K&N. I was very lucky to get this roadster at this price. My wife says that her 91 camry rides better than than the slk, I told her it has different suspension. We are both enjoying the car. We use the car to buy fruits and vegetables at Henry's Market every Wednesday. The airconditioning is very cold and the sound system is great.

easy on the eyes

by mr benze from on Fri Aug 12 2011

I have owned many mercedes i will keep it simple if u are going to invest in a slk take ur time and look for a v6 and make sure u have a 2nd car to drive every day

just a car

by former S2k owner from houston, tx on Tue Mar 06 2012

after owning Honda's, this was a poor decision. maintenance is expensive, and the slk230 that I purchased was poorly maintained. lots of little things needing to be fixed. after getting the bulk of the repairs done, i just have a compact car that looks looks good. the S2000 was exciting, the SLK230 is not. It's just a comfortable compact car. The hardtop retracts, big whoop. the only strong point is that it feels appreciatively safer in rainy conditions.

Does not recommend this car!!

Most fun car I've owned. Wreaks performance

by OldGuy from CASTLE ROCK on Sat Nov 04 2017

This car is great and primarily driven by my wife. She loves the hardtop/convertible feature and the auto/manual transmission is fun. The AMG part of this car begs you to drive it as its designed, quick and fast but stylish.

Uses car for Off-roading