2005 Mercedes Benz Slk Class

Turns heads from 3 to 93

by from Palo Alto, CA on July 16, 2017

From my early car crazy years I know kids recognize style at an early age and you cannot help but notice heads of all ages turning to look at this car which bodes well for it's future value. More than once I've stopped to stare at the classy lines, top up or down. It appears to be simple but in fact it's quite electronically sophisticated. I bought a used 2005 only because my wife had to have it, and soon learned it was docile, yet fast and cool to drive. It's a keeper!

Uses car for Havingfun

A head turner

by from Hayward, CA on June 29, 2017

For a car to be 12 yrs old and still look like new and get more gawks and OMGs, this is the car to own if you want to impress or feel invincible. It is a very fun car to drive but for me it is now becoming too small, as I am ready to be a mom, no longer can I drive a 2 dr coupe. :(

Only test drove 1 so far

by from Chicago IL on May 21, 2017

I liked the car and the one Indrove needed engine mount brackets car shook terriblly. I passed on this car and still looking for a 2005-2009 so wish me luck and hope find a trustworthy dealer!

VERY STYLISH AND EXCITING

by from Deneysville, South Africa on May 3, 2015

For as long as I knew this car I wanted to have it. I loved it with all my heart. My family and all my friends knew. When I came home with it it was all smiles. All my colleagues came in numbers when I arrived with it for the first time. It is such a beautiful car. Yes its too small inside as a standard for such a car but you get consoled every step of the way. You feel when you are aleep, when you wake up and when you drive it. Its like you have achieved it all.

SLK55 AMG Best Bang for the buck.!

by from Deerfield Beach, FL on August 7, 2014

just got a SLK55 AMG 7 months ago. Drove 10k miles on her already. It's a dream car for me..like the big V8...lots of power..The car looks fantastic.. Come on its a baby SLR Mac.! 24mpg highway ac on 70mph average. The car is a performer..for the money nothing looks better and is faster than her. Love it.!

Fun to Drive

by from Dallas, TX on April 10, 2014

I have only had this car less that a month and don't have an issue with the car, but more so the dealer that sold me the car. Sold it to me with a defective tire and then has refused to make it right. Now the A/C has gone out. Not the car's fault. It is a used vehicle, after all. Car is absolutely gorgeous and so much fun to drive. Handles like a DREAM. It sits very low to the ground so you do feel every bump. Doesn't bother me at all but might bother some. I just got rid of a CLK so if you are wanting the ride of a CLK, you won't get that. It's definitely more sporty. It's definitely a head turner!! And quite a bit of trunk space which you wouldn't expect. This care is AWESOME!

SLK head turner

by from Scottsdale, AZ on January 7, 2014

Absolutely beautiful car...turns heads everywhere. The design is classy and ages well, this one won't ever look old and dated. Had my 350 for 6 months now with no problems at all.

Classy sports car

by from Colorado Springs, CO on November 21, 2013

The SLK is a class act in every respect. It's extremely well-made, very reliable (even after 120k miles), and VERY fast. My 6-speed 350 is just as fast as my ML63 AMG. I would highly recommend this car to anyone, its particularly amazing value as a used purchase.

Red rocket

by from Florida on June 23, 2013

I can't really comment on reliability. Have only had it three weeks. All the other areas for rating live to my expectations and more. It is an amazing car.

A Legendary MB Sports Car

by from Nashville, TN on October 22, 2011

The SLK350 is a truly fantastic sports car. Equipped with the AMG Sport Package (includes ground effects kit, sport suspension, brembo brakes) and the extremely rare 6-speed manual, this car is one of the best sports cars out there. Steering is IMMEDIATE and laser-precise, acceleration is neck-snapping, clutch is lightweight but with a mechanical feel, and the 6 speed is crisp and clean. The heating package (Airscarf neck-level heating, heated seats, automatic climate control ,and heated side mirrors) is a must-have. I have driven top-down in 40 degree weather, and with the heater blowing on my feet, Airscarf blowing on my neck, and heated seats turned up, it is perfectly comfortable. The "REST" feature is particularly neat. When the car is parked and turned off, the car will re-route residual engine heat through the cabin and maintain a set temperature for up to an hour. VERY USEFUL in truly cold weather, and will not drain the battery. The retractable hardtop is nothing short of amazing. The engineering and attention to detail that went into the design of the roof/trunk arrangement is truly incredible. When the roof is up, the car is as quiet, solid, and airtight as any other fixed-roof vehicle. Up/down operation takes a mere 22 seconds. The SmartTop module (available aftermarket) allows the roof to fully operate on the move, up to 35 mph, a real time-saver when driving through a parking lot and looking for a space to park. The car is perfectly reliable. I have over 92,000 miles on the clock, and the biggest problem I have had was a squeally belt, which was repaired quickly and easily. Maintenence can be expensive, but this needs to be understood prior to purchase. OWNING A MB WILL BE EXPENSIVE, but is definitely worth it. My only true complaint about the car is the ride. The AMG sport package is fantastic for cutting-edge performance, but the sport suspension is punishing on rough roads. "Touring" tires takes the edge off a bit, but if you live in an area with truly rough roads I would not recommend the sport package. Overall, a truly fantastic sports car. Looks GREAT, drives great, very practical, and very reliable. NOT CHEAP, but you get what you paid for, unlike some other brands. You won't regret the purchase of an SLK! PROS: styling hardtop performace heating Package w/ auto climate control exclusivity! CONS: ride quality w/ sport suspension maintenance costs