2005 Mercedes Benz Slk Class

A Legendary MB Sports Car

by from Nashville, TN on October 22, 2011

The SLK350 is a truly fantastic sports car. Equipped with the AMG Sport Package (includes ground effects kit, sport suspension, brembo brakes) and the extremely rare 6-speed manual, this car is one of the best sports cars out there. Steering is IMMEDIATE and laser-precise, acceleration is neck-snapping, clutch is lightweight but with a mechanical feel, and the 6 speed is crisp and clean. The heating package (Airscarf neck-level heating, heated seats, automatic climate control ,and heated side mirrors) is a must-have. I have driven top-down in 40 degree weather, and with the heater blowing on my feet, Airscarf blowing on my neck, and heated seats turned up, it is perfectly comfortable. The "REST" feature is particularly neat. When the car is parked and turned off, the car will re-route residual engine heat through the cabin and maintain a set temperature for up to an hour. VERY USEFUL in truly cold weather, and will not drain the battery. The retractable hardtop is nothing short of amazing. The engineering and attention to detail that went into the design of the roof/trunk arrangement is truly incredible. When the roof is up, the car is as quiet, solid, and airtight as any other fixed-roof vehicle. Up/down operation takes a mere 22 seconds. The SmartTop module (available aftermarket) allows the roof to fully operate on the move, up to 35 mph, a real time-saver when driving through a parking lot and looking for a space to park. The car is perfectly reliable. I have over 92,000 miles on the clock, and the biggest problem I have had was a squeally belt, which was repaired quickly and easily. Maintenence can be expensive, but this needs to be understood prior to purchase. OWNING A MB WILL BE EXPENSIVE, but is definitely worth it. My only true complaint about the car is the ride. The AMG sport package is fantastic for cutting-edge performance, but the sport suspension is punishing on rough roads. "Touring" tires takes the edge off a bit, but if you live in an area with truly rough roads I would not recommend the sport package. Overall, a truly fantastic sports car. Looks GREAT, drives great, very practical, and very reliable. NOT CHEAP, but you get what you paid for, unlike some other brands. You won't regret the purchase of an SLK! PROS: styling hardtop performace heating Package w/ auto climate control exclusivity! CONS: ride quality w/ sport suspension maintenance costs

Get ready for some FUN!

by from Houston Texas on October 4, 2006

My 2005 SLK-350 is a blast to drive. get ready for some stares at stop lights! You don't see many of these cars out on the streets yet, so people are always staring at the car. I have the AMG package and this car handles really well. The NAV package is very percise, when you get to your destination a checkered flag appears on the screen. Make sure you get the Harmon K. Stereo that way you won't need to replace it, well worth the money. Hold on when you give it gas, this car is really fast. To take the top down you just hit a button and it is down and in the trunk in seconds .Buy one, You won't be disappointed!

Love My Car

by from Frisco, TX on March 22, 2011

I absolutely love my Capri Blue SLK350. It is gorgeous and runs like a dream. The car handles well and has great pick up.

Classy sports car

by from Colorado Springs, CO on November 21, 2013

The SLK is a class act in every respect. It's extremely well-made, very reliable (even after 120k miles), and VERY fast. My 6-speed 350 is just as fast as my ML63 AMG. I would highly recommend this car to anyone, its particularly amazing value as a used purchase.

Actually is worth waht they advertise

by from Memphis, TN on April 11, 2011

This has been a wonderful automobile. It is so well designed that the interior of the doors never get dirty from the road dust or even wet from rain or washing. Even the engine compartment stays pristine. Beyond that however, is the great running engine with smooth performance. It handles well and you can decide if you want it in regular or sport mode. The retractable top is marvelous.

Fun to Drive

by from Dallas, TX on April 10, 2014

I have only had this car less that a month and don't have an issue with the car, but more so the dealer that sold me the car. Sold it to me with a defective tire and then has refused to make it right. Now the A/C has gone out. Not the car's fault. It is a used vehicle, after all. Car is absolutely gorgeous and so much fun to drive. Handles like a DREAM. It sits very low to the ground so you do feel every bump. Doesn't bother me at all but might bother some. I just got rid of a CLK so if you are wanting the ride of a CLK, you won't get that. It's definitely more sporty. It's definitely a head turner!! And quite a bit of trunk space which you wouldn't expect. This care is AWESOME!

Power, power and more power

by from IL on December 29, 2010

This V6 sports car has incredible power, and an incredible look! Press of a button and the top comes down in less than 30 seconds. Very comfortable, stylish and drives so nicely. Highly recommend!

VERY STYLISH AND EXCITING

by from Deneysville, South Africa on May 3, 2015

For as long as I knew this car I wanted to have it. I loved it with all my heart. My family and all my friends knew. When I came home with it it was all smiles. All my colleagues came in numbers when I arrived with it for the first time. It is such a beautiful car. Yes its too small inside as a standard for such a car but you get consoled every step of the way. You feel when you are aleep, when you wake up and when you drive it. Its like you have achieved it all.

Red rocket

by from Florida on June 23, 2013

I can't really comment on reliability. Have only had it three weeks. All the other areas for rating live to my expectations and more. It is an amazing car.

Sporty SLK

by from on October 3, 2011

Wow! If you want to have the fun of your life and turn heads doing it, get an SLK. Top down, airscarf up flying down the road at speeds you shouldnt be in one of the best looking cars on the road is one of the best feeling you can have in a car. I like the styling and performance, and its fun to have people rolling down there windows at stop light saying nice car.

Similar Models