2008 Mercedes Benz Slk Class

Not for a large family

by from Lummi Island, WA on September 18, 2017

Would keep this car forever if I had a place to keep it. It has features found on no other car. For instance, there is a pump to circulate coolant through the heater so you can sit in comfort in 30 degree weather with the motor off for about 40 minutes and not have to run the engine. In addition to heated seats, it blows almost instant warm air on the back of your neck from the headrest. This is a cold weather dream. Hard top is just the push of a lever and the car goes and the up and down in 20 seconds. Only thing lacking is a huge trunk (which would look stupid, of course, on a neat little sports car). Easy to park, easy to drive. Have had it for years. Hating to give it up but planning to go for one vehicle instead of two so we need a little SUV.

Uses car for Havingfun

Don't take it to Costco

by from Lummi Island, WA on September 18, 2017

Love the car. One of our fave things is the heater will heat the car for about 40 minutes while sitting in a line waiting for a ferry without starting the engine. (a no-no in ferry lines.)

Uses car for Havingfun

owned other slk which I loved..not this one

by from Framingham on June 17, 2017

very unhappy.. 2008 with 30,000 miles.. squeaks, noises been back 4 times, had one before that I loved

I LOVE IT!

by from Starkville, MS on June 10, 2017

I love it so much that I want another one! Did I say I want another one? Yes, I did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardtop with Manual Transmission is the Best

by from Portland, Oregon on May 26, 2017

The hardtop convertible is the way to go when living in Oregon. In just a few seconds the top is up or down. Mercedes manual transmission is smooth and much better than the unintelligent automatic. Also the manual transmission can be easy changed at home in an hour for $20, unlike the automatic that must be taken into the dealer for a $500 flush.

glad to be in a two seater

by from las vegas, nevada on September 1, 2012

there is absolutely nothing i can say, except. i drove triumph spitefires in the 70's. grew up and finally was able to drive a sports car again. i picked the perfect car for reliability and just plan enjoyment.

Excellent Car!

by from St. Louis, MO on November 7, 2011

Awesome power and performance. Electronics could be improved but overall worth it. Love this car. Aesthetics are second to none. German engineering excellence!

Much nicer to be back to a 2 seater

by from Boyds, MD on September 27, 2011

I traded my clk and even though the slk has a smaller engine, the car has better pick-up. I find that there is plenty of room in the trunk and if I do not have a passanger, I have been able to do a 5 to 6 hundred dollar shopping trip to Sams.

Great Car

by from Austin, TX on June 1, 2011

Great car. If you are looking for a slick, awesome looking, great performing car... You have found it.

2008 SLK

by from Kingston, PA on October 29, 2010

Traded in my 2004 SLk for like new 2008. I have had dozens of muscle and sports cars and this is the cream of the crop. Just right out fun to drive and a real eye catcher. Compliments never end. Only thing that could be better is an AMG model, not that it is necessary, but those extra horses would be great!