Average based on 5 reviews

Best handling car i have ever been in

by from on August 4, 2010

I love this car it is quick on straight aways and handles incredible at high speeds around sharp turn. But performance is only the half of it the body shape is contently turning heads. This is by far my favorite car and i have had Porsches,Audis,and BMWs

Comfortable Sports Car?

by from Bayville, NJ on May 14, 2012

Finally found a CPO SLK350 with the combination of options, mileage, and color that met our requirements, after three months of looking. Was worth the wait! Originally had considered buying a certified pre-owned Porsche Boxster or Honda SR2000, but the more reviews I read, the better the SLK350 looked in terms of the comfort vs. sportiness trade off. The SLK is only a little less comfortable than our 2008 C350 Sport sedan, but has 32 more horsepower and sportier handling on county roads. Yet, it was comforatable enough for a four and a half hour, non-stop ride on the interstate. I am sure that for double or treble the money, there are other cars out there that I would like even better. But within my budget limitations, this car has the most bang for the buck.

Great

by from Charlotte NC on August 29, 2011

Great car only problem is that it has an analog radio, which they fixed on the 2012 . I see no problems yet.

Timeless style

by from Richardson on September 1, 2012

Purchased my 2009 SLK 350 in July and have approx 1000 on the clock with it. Car performs as expected for a 300 hp auto. Amazed about how mild mannered it is under hard acceleration. traction control does it's job, but even with it turned off the car has tremendous grip. A few clicks and rattles when going slow with the top up, but some of this should be expected due to body flex and the torsion needs to show up somewhere. Rigid top panels are the weak link in that equation. Love it and would buy another one anyday.

Fun, Fast, and not Scary

by from Dallas TX on February 8, 2010

Forget the Experts. They are all car enthusiasts - of course they want twitchier handling and more power. But I have had my share of Porsches, Miatas and MR2's. Lots of fun, all of them. But I've grown up now. I drove the BWM Z4, and I found it just too much - not quite ill-mannered, but certainly it was turning it's nose up at me - thought it was too good for the daily grind, the commute down the highway in traffic, the long Interstate at 75 mph on cruise. No, the Z4 longed for twisty Alpine roads taken like James Bond or Mario Andretti. The SLK can do all that too, it just does it with a feeling of elegance. It likes the curves - but it is also at home in traffic or on cruise control. And it turns heads with its radical styling (I have a 2009 model). And there are no alpine roads in Texas.