Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1993 Cougar

1993 Mercury Cougar

1993 Mercury Cougar

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 1993 Mercury Cougar?

this is my absolute baby, love this car

by cougar93 from beaumont,ab on Mon Aug 04 2008

I purchased my '93 Cougar new with the 5.0L HO motor. My car has all the bells&whistles&then some. The car is a single rear wheel spin, winter driving challenge at best,nightmare at worst despite decent winter tires ,weights&sandbags in the trunk. definitely not a winter car for thee novice or the faint of heart. I drove it for three winter straight living in Alberta,Canada, both the car & I survived with not a mark on us. My baby looks just as beautiful as the day i bought her-- of course there are the unavoidable door dings & rock chips , but thankfully there are really not plentiful. My kitty has only 138490kms original so far.

the best a r i have on

by turtle from faison on Fri Sep 16 2011

i had a lot of cars befor i had my cougar and none of them came close to him couse he ever left me anywere

classic automobile

by donkey from custer wi on Wed Aug 15 2018

excellent vehicle for its age ,Sunday driven no winters , classy smooth ride. two owner piece of automotive history . must be seen and driven to appreciate.

Our Take on the 1993 Mercury Cougar

We test-drove the 1993 Mercury Cougar XR7 ($14,855 base, $22,523 as tested)that's now on sale. However, we've also driven the 1994 Mercury Cougar with its new, 4.6-liter V-8, which soon will go on sale.

Regardless of whether the '93 Cougar XR7's 5-liter V-8 was prone to power surges/hesitation or the four-speed automatic transmission was simply subject to an abnormal amount of upshifting and downshifting, it made us appreciate the '94 even more.

The '94 Cougar's V-8 was finely tuned and supersmooth in the preproduction model we tested in Dearborn, Mich. That '94 has so many other goodies that rather than focus on the '93, we'll save our Cougar comments for the '94 in a few weeks. The... Read More