1994 Mercury Cougar

Solid car

by from NE Wisconsin on September 10, 2010

Owned a 94 Cougar for years. 4.6 V8. Totally loaded with premium stereo, power everything, leather, moonroof, climate control, traction control etc. Outstanding car. Put 200k+ on mine before I sold it, replaced one alternator at 145k, one idler pully at 160k, Idle air control valve at 140k. Car was crazy fast by 1994 car standards, not so much now. Changing the rear end gears from stock 2.78 to 3.55 or 3.73 makes a huge difference, but cuts gas mileage a good bit. Stock the car got 30mpg easy, closer to 28 at 200k miles on the hwy. sub 20's though in town. Long wheelbase and indep. rear suspension made this car ride like a dream, and handled really well considering its heavy weight. Quality was top notch, no rust when I sold it, paint was nice, interior cleaned up like new when I had it detailed. Interior is fantastic. Comfortable, and whole dash cluster is situated like you are in a cockpit, all easy to reach and see. Easy to get in and out of with it's giant doors, even for people in the back. had no problem with my kids in this car, and felt they were very safe with the door pillar where it is. Car was pretty good in the winter even being RWD, I just put 50 lbs of sandbag in the trunk and bought some snow tires, never had any issues. Overall car was super reliable, super comfortable, and fun to drive.

I love my cougar

by from Minneapolis, Minnesota on May 12, 2009

I'm the second owner of this car and I've had it for 11 years. It has every feature on it you could want--V-8, moon roof, leather interior, lots of convenience lights. Of course, they didn't have heated/cooled seats in '94! The only thing that I don't like is the cupholders because they are inside the bucket seat divider and inconvenient. I love the big engine and the steering is so easy. A real fun car to drive.

fun to drive

by from on July 18, 2009

The only thing are the cupholders.Very inconvenient for driver front passenger.otherwise a very good vehicle...Just bought it with 44000 miles.

Fast ,Dependable,W/235x15 tires rides like Lincoln

by from Port Richey,Fl on May 22, 2011

Had mine for over100,000 miles.Great road Ability,Handling especially on long trips,Ice an snow,with the bigger tires really makes a difference R J Marth

Oldie Keeps It's Purr...

by from Riverside County,California on December 5, 2011

I had my Passat Wagon stolen, it took almost a year to find a relatively inexpensive replacement car, 1st of all STATION WAGONS are a rare find, particularly domestic 1's.After many cars.com searches & seeing alot of **** in this field, decided to go with a Thunderbird or Cougar-pre 1998 as large enough for my 2 cockers(back seat-wise),and lacks all the gadgetry of newer models(i.e."navigation").I found this car in a suburb of San Diego, nice dry warm weather & SoCal smooth roads. It has been well kept & had only 108K miles(6 to 7K miles Yrly), everything works perfectly! 3.8 V-6 still purrs, getting about 16-17 MPG STILL! Great car for under $4K !

Still love this car after 23 years.

by from Lawrenceville Ga on September 3, 2017

Absolutely love this car. I will never get rid of my Mercury Cougar. Period. My friends are amazed on how many years I have had my car.

Uses car for Havingfun

1994 Mercury Cougar

by from Baltimore on March 7, 2017

The 94 Mercury Cougar is a one of a kind car,a cool cat with 4.6 V-8 cylinder engine that purs when start. The Cougar is the Thunderbird cousin. A great classic car to own.

Cool cat!

by from Paonia, CO on September 20, 2017

They don't make them like this any more. Stylish and practical. Factory ordered her, and will hate to see her go! A member of the family.

Longest lasting car I have ever owned.

by from Lewisport, KY on August 6, 2017

I bought this car in 2007 during my final semester in college and has lasted me over a decade. It only cost $2000 and had 68K original miles when I bought it. Other than tires, belts, and brakes, the only things I have had to replace are the radiator, radiator fan, starter, & alternator. Not bad for a car that is now 24 years old.

Uses car for Havingfun