1995 Mercury Cougar consumer reviews

$16,860 starting MSRP
side view of 1995 Cougar Mercury
Explore the 1995 Mercury Cougar

I love this car.

Bought this 5 years ago for my daughter. Wasn’t the right car for her and I was the one who loved it so it became my car. The feeling of the v8 roaring to life and pressing the accelerator is just wonderful. The engine purrs like a kitten. It has now become our extra family car but I drive it as often as I can.

What a find.

Great condition 5800 miles. Thank You Dennis Collins and Adrian from Collins Bros Jeep, Wylie, Texas. All origional condition. Transported and delivered in covered transport. Great Job

Reliable car.

I think is a nice car reliable ,nice clean gave a nice size motor and runs really really good good on gas on free way has nice police motor runs like a champ a real winner.

3.1

It's a fine car for the money.

1996 4.6l v8. I bought this car for $1300 with 94k miles on it. 100k on it now. The shifter has issues getting out of park, the ignition doesn't need a key and the O-rings on the fuel injectors went out $8 fix easy. I thought about replacing the injectors but they cost $50 a piece so no. The big issue is the heater core went out and leaked antifreeze into the interior. Might have it fixed later depending on price but for now I bypassed the heater core with a $6 hose. So far it hasn't broken down though. Always starts and I trust it on long distance. The power is ok not the best (205hp 280tq) but good for the money. the open diff is no fun. Everything accept the oil filter is easy to get to. Very easy to car to fix. Kinda bad on gas but that's a v8 for you. Cheap insurance.

this is a great car

Va-Voom! IF you appreciate a car that grabs the road & won't let go, this is it. I never drove a race car before, but I couldn't believe how this car loves to go fast, like my dog, it changes form & just eats the road once it digs in. Several other people have driven it & can't believe it's preformance

Most reliable transportation I have ever owned.

This car will make you feel like your sixteen all over again it's A show stopper by the looks & it will sit you back in your seat.

4.1

Solid Car

I am not a car expert, but I have driven this car for a month so far. It gets about 25 mpg, it hugs the road well so I feel in control while driving, and overall does the job of getting me around.

Love this car

I now own two .that should tell you something I bought one in 96 and just bought my second with 67k original miles

1995 Mercury Cougar XR7 V8 4.6 Litre Engine

I LOVE this car! I have had it for 17 years. I also have a great little Saab. I love both, but if my husband made me choose one, I would keep the Mercury. Once upon a time, he did his best to coerce me into letting the Mercury go. He eventually wore me down and I agreed to let her go. Within an hour, I became so upset I ended up doing "The Ugly Cry Face". Snott, tears, red face and hiccups. That was several years ago. I still have it, and he never says a word against my "baby". Heh! Heh! This car has NEVER let me down. Ever. Her exterior is almost as shiny today as it was brand new. I replaced the headliner and carpet a few years ago. That is it. Everything else we have done is routine maintenance.

1995 Cougar XR7, "THE LAST AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR"

The best years of my life were spent behind the wheel of my 1995 Mercury Cougar XR7, 4.6L V8... I drove the car problem free from the time I was 20 until about 32. They are easy to maintain, a blast to drive, comfortable. As long as the gasoline prices don't soar, try to get a hold of a V8.