2003 Mercury Marauder Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercury Marauder
Average based on 10 reviews

WoW

by from on February 1, 2010

in a nut shell, if you asked me how i like this car all i will say is "you should get you one". this car is amazing. big, fast and reliable. a rare, limited production muscle car.

BEST CAR I OWNED AND I'M OLD

by from New York, NY on January 9, 2012

I'm an engineer by trade. Also a preformance car nut. Former technition, race car builder & driver, and diagnostician. this full size Marauder is definately the best car I have owned. Its is truly a made to last, luxuary performance car. Pity the poor souls in their Crysler Hemi 300 if they try to pass you on the right. The frame is beefed up, engine is a Ford Modular 36 valve DOC racing engine, and the transmission bangs into each gear. The suspension is comfortable but cornering is great. Even the driveshaft is aluminum. Google "Marauder" or check you tube for some great videos. My 2003 Black Marauder is a pleasure to drive. Interior is perfect, stereo is excellent (big amp in trunk) controls are safely located. My only regret is that it is not offered in stick shift, but I'm thinking of converting it. Truly a very safe (It will not crush up like the mangled messes you see laying on flatbed tow trucks after a collision of "uni-body" cars. My 2003 Marauder just turned 100,000 miles and my car runs like new. Full frame V-8 American Automobile. For what ever reason, they just don't make them anymore.

An Exciting Big Car

by from Northern California on July 22, 2008

I bought the Marauder used 9 months ago and have put about 9k miles on it in mixed driving. Plenty of power with the 300hp 4.6 V8. Good handling for a big car. Very comfy with all leather seats and up, down, all-around seat controls, including lumbar. Manual says use premium gas, but I use regular sometimes with no problem. Excellent highway crusier, even on rough roads. I have gotten 21+ mpg of (fast) highway driving. Nice size trunk. I don't know why Fomoco quit making this version of the Grand Marquis. A great all-around car. With the double-din stereo, I plan to replace the original unit with a 7-inch diagonal nav-stereo unit and this vehicle will compete with any sedan on the road.

Excellent High Performance Vehicle!

by from Upstate NY on August 11, 2007

Owned the Marauder for a year and a half and never want to let it go! Never had so many compliments on a car!

Great car!

by from West Milton, PA on June 5, 2012

All around great car. Family cruizer as well as high speeds effortlessly when you want to have fun. Rides and handles like a dream. One of Fords better ideas!

Marauders - the best!

by from Milwaukee, WI on June 22, 2006

Best value for the money, sport sedans. Should have been built longer. Great power and handling,suprisingly good gas mileage too!

Great Muscle Car

by from Cokato MN on June 24, 2013

Limited edition -- high preformance -- POWER!!!!! Rides great -- functional interior with guages uncommon in today's models.

Big Car, Big Performance

by from Dunlap, IL on February 16, 2011

Folks, I am very impressed by the engine and handling of this car. My car had 39,900 miles on it when I bought it. It looks great! The engine is a little rocket ship, almost as good as the 1994 Chevy Impala SS it replaced. The steering is very precise, the brakes are good, the HVAC works flawlessly, and the interior room is wonderful, except for the console up against my right leg. My only complaint: The ride of this car is more like my son's GTO than a big car. It is stiff, stiff, stiff. At 70 to 125 miles per hour, the ride stiffness is not a problem. This car does not "float" at speeds over a hundred like the Impala SS tended to do. However, driving this around town on Illinois roads is not a pleasure.

one of the best

by from N'NJ on August 29, 2010

This by far is the best thing Ive bought of the mercury line,to bad they only made 1year of Blue hot color I get the chicks,great back seat no need for a hotel,now all I need is a 5.0 new v-8 inside.

cash only

by from on November 21, 2010

The marauder is no doubt in my mind the best mercury on the market. Thats why i wanted this one so bad sorry to say folks this car is in great shape but if you dont have the cash in hand dont even think about it from this delaership. I drove to detroit after talking to some guy on the phone and being offer one thing and found out the other. These guys pretty much want 13k in hand to get this car no finace no trade ins or a near perfect credit score to finace with a huge down deposit im talking 8,9 grand for a cars that costs 12,900