2006 Montego

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

238,000 miles and still running

by Traveling Salesman from Front Royal, VA on January 25, 2014

Purchased 2005 Premier AWD used in 2008 with 59000 miles on it. Initially I was concerned about the CVT transmission reliability factor but so called reliability problems never occurred. Now with over 230,000 miles in 2014 the car simply runs fantastic. Very spacious and smooth running with great visibility. I love the AWD, it really tracks well in snow and rain. Interior volume is much better than my 2009 Lincoln MKS, 2012 Chrysler 300 and 2008 Cadillac CSTS AWD. If you want a safe and reliable sedan for high mileage transportation, the Mercury Montego AWD is a great car.

Looking for Reliability and Comfort.

by Barbinator from Beautiful MN on August 21, 2011

I have owned a 2006 Mercury Montego for 3 weeks now. I was looking for a comfortable, safe car to drive. I am very happy with my purchase. I have had 2 knee replacements and 1 hip replacement in the last three years, so comfort is very important to me. Riders don't mind sitting in the backseat, because it's huge. Plenty of legroom and headroom for tall people! There is so much space that I have no trouble getting in and out of the car. I found the acceleration to be kicky, in fact I love driving this car. I find the controls to be easy to find and use. Well thought out by the engineers. The previous owner installed a different stereo/gps system. It sounds fantastic. It makes me kind of wonder what the old one sounded like. I like most everything about this car. It's a good looking, safe, and comfortable ride!

FoMoCo's Very Pleasant surprise! Healthy!

by DrHealth from Napa, California on May 15, 2006

Expecting safety I was shocked by this first new big car from Ford in 20 years. Huge interior, luxurious comfortable seats at "butt level" and gigantic trunk yet nimble exterior, flexible seating with split back allows skis to stay inside out of the road mess; or to carry my ladder etc. Super headroom. Excellent gas mileage on regular fuel. 22 mpg around town and 29 on the highway. European handling which is handy in Northern California secondary roads. Extremely comfortable ride swallows potholes. Great brakes. Love the smoothness of the CVT. Factory Stereo is wonderful. Best new car I ever purchased. Greatly exceeds my expectations. Improvements suggested: none really except for a satellite radio option.

157,000 Miles of Pure Reliability

by Car Fan from Baltimore, MD on February 3, 2014

Carrying on from my first review. Simply stated, this vehicle is among the most reliable I have ever owned. Only "major" repair was replacing the AC compressor. I am actually looking for another Montego to possibly replace my Impala! You cannot fo wrong with this model!

nice american car for the money

by Kessel1 from Reading , PA on September 10, 2006

I still can't believe I've got a car like this with all the features it has for under $30000. I am pleased with the looks, the ride is nice,large trunk, CVT very smooth. I know I will not win any drag races with this car, but thats not what I bought it for. I am looking forward to my long trips the next couple of years. You have got to check this one out, don't let it slip by.

06 Montego

by Go Montego from Las Vegas on January 27, 2011

Bought this car from my Dad with 11 K on it..now have 25 K..it is a great road car, comfortable and get around 20mpg around town..4 dr sedan..had a Cad before this and enjoy my Montego!

Great CAR

by Cheri0 from Savannah, Ga. on January 11, 2011

I've never had a better car! Love it! I've had my 06 for 4 years or almost, only had to adjust back brake pads, now am wondering if driver's seat heater should have been a recall, since other models had similar problems!! Cannot find a recall, so will have to get it fixed myself, but still not bad for an 06!!!

sold on Montego

by Rose Baby from Citrus Heights, CA on March 9, 2017

bought this car from my Dad. they don't make them anymore..did all regular maintenance on the car and still running like new at 93K...one of the best cars I have owned...!

Great car to be in with little mechanical worry.

by Carlover88! on August 29, 2017

Recently bought a great example of one of these. It is nice, open, and airy feeling in the cabin. There is a ton window all around! Driving dynamics are better than expected for this kind of vehicle. No major maintenance concerns. My AC compressor seems a bit noisy, and the 6 speed transmission seems a bit to eager the get going when I shift into reverse or drive. These are minor and possible issues with a 80,000 mile vehicle.

excellent car

by Don from Alabama on November 11, 2006

Excellent car .Would benifit with Ford's new 3.5 l V-6 for added performance.Traded in a grand marquis on a 2007 Montego.Car is easier to get around in and has more interior leg room and trunk space than the 2001 Grand Marquis.

1 2