2005 Mercury Mountaineer consumer reviews

side view of 2005 Mountaineer Mercury
Explore the 2005 Mercury Mountaineer
4.3

My Favorite SUV

It's comfortable when I drive by myself. It's comfortable as a passenger, because the passenger seat sits low and away from the driver ... but when we are packed to the hilt with kids and baggage there is a cramped feeling. The back seat passengers feel too close to the back of the driver and first passenger. Could have done without the third seat and pushed the second row back a ways. OTHERWISE it's a good vehicle. Happy with purchase.

2005 Mercury Mountaineer- Comfortable and Safe

I purchased a used 2005 Mercury Mountainer with about 35K miles on it and the V8 engine. Despite its size, it handles well and is a very comfortable road vehicle. I am very much concerned about safety and the five star crash rating is important to me in any vehicle decision--more so than fuel economy. I have always wanted a truck and the Mountaineer is like having a new toy.

First truck

This truck is awesome. I was looking for a GMC Yukon. I saw this truck and had to have it. It's an 05' and it had 33K on it when I bought it in Feb. It is fully loaded and the premier package. It has thre rows of seats and the third row falls flat. Engine is a little noisy, but if you let it warm up it's fine. It has taken me to Myrtle Beach and next year hopefully Florida.

4.4

Best used SUV!

I just purchased an 05 with 36K. I looked at several 06 compairable vehicles with less miles and similar size. I did not plan to buy anything older than an 06/07 but this vehicle blew me away by price and features. I just traded in a 98 V6 explorer and I am getting better gas mileage in this V8 Mountaineer. The interior is awesome with all the bells and whistles. Safety features are great. The only knock I have is that the third row does not fold down completely flat. I did alot of research on this vehicle and it sounds like it has almost no problems thus far with any powertrain components. My family loves it and it looks so much sharper than the explorer. Another plus is that it looks almost just like the 08 model so you really can't tell the vehicle is an 05 unless you rally pay attention to minor details. Perfect for a family of 4/5!

Excelent Vehicle

This is an excellent vehicle, We purchased it new and have had zero problems with it. We love the ride and handling of this vehicle. The only thing we feel could be improved is that the rear seats don't fold flat but they have corrected that in the new models.

Good price. Good SUV.

Bought this car used, 3 days ago. We also bought 5yr extended warranty with it. I loved the way the interior and exterior looked, and it had a nice comfy third row. But the engine was too noisy for my husband. I don't really care about it much because of the warranty and the GAP insurance. If its not for us in 5 yrs we can always trade it in...

Pleasantly Surprised

Picked up my Red Mountaineer just before a 600 mile road trip to FL. Test drove the 8 Cyl. Explorer also and the engine noise was atrocious compared to the Mountaineer. Very refined and quiet ride, very satisfied with fit and finish. Very satisfied with quality inside and out. I bought this vehicle in late 2005 and now have 36K on it. Not a single trip to the dealer. If there is a better value for the money in an SUV I'd like to see it.