2006 Mercury Mountaineer

Most Reliable Car I've owned!

by from South Dakota on March 5, 2012

I love this SUV, it has lots of room, it looks divine and stylish. I have never had any issues.. Mine is now 120K and I have driven it everywhere in all weather conditions. When I started noticing it was not getting good gas mileage the mechanic tuned it and it keeps running very well. It drives smooth and has been overall the best purchase Ive ever made!

Mercury

by from on December 6, 2011

This is a great family vehicle for my hectic life with three boys. I could give a 6'5" guy a little more room in the interior but it has been a great purchase.

Yup

by from Iowa City, IA on January 18, 2010

Not a bad ride. Handles way better than I expected. The gas usage is a bit high but you have to expect that with a V8.

100K+ miles, and going strong.

by from Twin Cities, MN on September 11, 2012

The ride quality is great, and is very comfortable & spacious inside even when packed up with 7 people. The 4.6l 3V V8 is really strong, and gives great passing power. The 6 speed transmission leaves a bit to be desired. I think it holds 1st gear too long, and has a tip-in hesitation (TSB 8-24-4 helps, but does not eliminate it).

I didn't put 5stars because I've only had for 1wk

by from Hyannis,MA on April 19, 2017

I'm very happy with my purchase so far! I feel fancy and I love being up high while driving. I need a large vehicle for my 4 kids and dog, and this has plenty of room. Interested in seeing how the awd works in the snow. My friend who owns a Pilot actually said she was jealous of my car!

Great Family Car

by from Manasquan, NJ on April 23, 2012

Had a family memeber close to Chicago inspect and drive my vehicle, prior to purchase. Great overall experience with the entire deal. Including shipment of vehicle from Illinios to NJ.

2006 mercury mountaineer my favorite car so far

by from colorado on March 17, 2017

I bought my mercury mountaineer in 2006 and it is fairly reliable. a few things like broke but its still nice to look at inside and outside. its small turning circle makes it easy to make u-turns and such. the blind spots are much smaller then you would think. things I don't like are the gas millage I get a average of 12 mpg in the city and that is where I live and the lack of space in the back for kids and there is no trunk space if the seats are up. I first bought the car for transporting people but then I realized the car was good to just drive. I do a bit of offroading and the mountaineer does wonderfully. its super fun to drive... if you get the 292 hp v8 in it

Great vehicle

by from Reston, VA on June 19, 2017

I had to get the transmission replaced because it was slipping but it was covered in large part by dealer warranty I bought so now its like a brand new car. Bought it with 76,000 miles on it. Its a 4x2, great acceleration, easy handling, great turning radius, great looking interior.

Great Suv for the family

by from minneapolis, Mn on September 12, 2011

I bought a used 2006 mountineer about 6 months ago. Mine has the luxury awd with the 4.0 v6. I get 17.5 to 18.8 mpg in the city and 21 to 23.2 mpg on the hwy. we recently took it to chicago from minneapolis..with 6 people in it and all their gear...doing 75 with the air on and we got 22.5 mpg down there and 22.9 mpg on the way back. If you get this rig, get the v6 as the mpg is great for an suv with a third row seat. this truck is very comfortable after i got new shocks put in rear...thats the only complaint is the rear shocks have to be replaced every 3years or 60k miles or the ride suffers...but on the other hand the awd is great....this is the best suv for the winter...its great in snow and rugged enough to take deer hunting...handles and offroads as good if not better then most suv including jeeps(as i pulled one out last hunting season)..best part of all with the styling and rear a/c or heat and third row its great transportation for the family..its comfortable, reliable,safe, and great in any weather!! i would buy another one for sure...but this one only has 74k so maybe when its got 200k...hope this helps...good suv for the family and winter.

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

by from PISCATAWAY, NJ on May 9, 2009

THIS CAR IS THE BEST CAR TO EVER HAVE. IT'S GOOD ON GAS AND ITS GREAT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY. I AM GOING TO PASS THE CAR DOWN TO MY SON.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Mercury Mountaineer