Read or write a review.

4.3
Average based on 12 reviews

Great Suv for the family

by from minneapolis, Mn on September 12, 2011

I bought a used 2006 mountineer about 6 months ago. Mine has the luxury awd with the 4.0 v6. I get 17.5 to 18.8 mpg in the city and 21 to 23.2 mpg on the hwy. we recently took it to chicago from minneapolis..with 6 people in it and all their gear...doing 75 with the air on and we got 22.5 mpg down there and 22.9 mpg on the way back. If you get this rig, get the v6 as the mpg is great for an suv with a third row seat. this truck is very comfortable after i got new shocks put in rear...thats the only complaint is the rear shocks have to be replaced every 3years or 60k miles or the ride suffers...but on the other hand the awd is great....this is the best suv for the winter...its great in snow and rugged enough to take deer hunting...handles and offroads as good if not better then most suv including jeeps(as i pulled one out last hunting season)..best part of all with the styling and rear a/c or heat and third row its great transportation for the family..its comfortable, reliable,safe, and great in any weather!! i would buy another one for sure...but this one only has 74k so maybe when its got 200k...hope this helps...good suv for the family and winter.

Most Reliable Car I've owned!

by from South Dakota on March 5, 2012

I love this SUV, it has lots of room, it looks divine and stylish. I have never had any issues.. Mine is now 120K and I have driven it everywhere in all weather conditions. When I started noticing it was not getting good gas mileage the mechanic tuned it and it keeps running very well. It drives smooth and has been overall the best purchase Ive ever made!

Mercury

by from on December 6, 2011

This is a great family vehicle for my hectic life with three boys. I could give a 6'5" guy a little more room in the interior but it has been a great purchase.

Yup

by from Iowa City, IA on January 18, 2010

Not a bad ride. Handles way better than I expected. The gas usage is a bit high but you have to expect that with a V8.

100K+ miles, and going strong.

by from Twin Cities, MN on September 11, 2012

The ride quality is great, and is very comfortable & spacious inside even when packed up with 7 people. The 4.6l 3V V8 is really strong, and gives great passing power. The 6 speed transmission leaves a bit to be desired. I think it holds 1st gear too long, and has a tip-in hesitation (TSB 8-24-4 helps, but does not eliminate it).

Great Family Car

by from Manasquan, NJ on April 23, 2012

Had a family memeber close to Chicago inspect and drive my vehicle, prior to purchase. Great overall experience with the entire deal. Including shipment of vehicle from Illinios to NJ.

Most reliable car great comfort and ride

by from Florida on July 16, 2013

I thank Cars.com for helping me pick out this great car it runs great I love it the experience was great I would recommend anyone to shop with cars.com and the dealership Major Toyota of Newark in Delaware they made this so easy for me Thank you.

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

by from PISCATAWAY, NJ on May 9, 2009

THIS CAR IS THE BEST CAR TO EVER HAVE. IT'S GOOD ON GAS AND ITS GREAT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY. I AM GOING TO PASS THE CAR DOWN TO MY SON.

Would buy it again!

by from Orlando on October 19, 2007

Overall we are pleased with all aspects of vehicle. Had trouble with seal on moonroof but seems to be fixed. Love 3rd row seating and overall style of car.

Great 1st impression

by from PA on November 1, 2008

Just purchased a used 2006 Mountaineer. Very comfortable ride, peppy V8 engine, loaded with features. Controls are well laid out and easy to read. Navigation unit is great. Incredible deals on these are all around. Who can complain about a $38,000 SUV for $16,000? Will follow up on Reliability after we drive it awhile.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Mercury Mountaineer