Skip to main content

• Interior 4.3
  • Value 4.5
  • Exterior 4.4
Explore the 2006 Mercury Mountaineer

Good Value with lots of bells and whistles

Great vehicle and good value. I bought this vehicle 7 years ago with 15,000 miles on the odometer. It was like new inside and out. I have only had a couple of mechanical issues with the vehicle: First off, If it doesn't shift and downshift correctly, take it to the dealer, as there is a TSB out on this issue. Secondly, make sure to change the coolant every few years. Coolant only lasts so long, so at least every 5 years have it changed. On my Mountaineer the coolant aged and clogged up the radiator, resulting in a very expensive repair. Otherwise the vehicle is great and still looks relatively new despite being 18 years old. Overall very good value for what I paid for the vehicle.

4.0

Great midsize vehicle

I love my Mercury Mountaineer I bought it secondhand previous owners didn’t take care of it very well but with a little TLC I got it right all of the styling I like handling is great never left me walking but I am a 6’4” man So the driver seat is a little tight but I make do only complaint I have is the sunvisor it’s not comfortable forwards or backwards thing I love about it most is the doorhandles

Best Luxury SUV Ford ever produced

This is a wonderful, comfortable, sure footed, luxury SUV. Terrific 24 valve V-8. They don't make an engine this good or strong anymore. Would buy another in a heart beat if they still made this truck or one this good. Have driven it from Boston to Maine for years in all conditions and it eats up snowy, slippery roads and gets you home.

COOLEST HIP Design Makes it Look Like a 4 year old

Read & Research the reviews for this HIP 7 seater SUV. I get comments all the time it looks like a 4 year old car because it never ages. The car is super modern sleek design has amazing reviews cause it one of FORD,s Best SUVs ever made. All Ford dealers service Mercury cars so rest assure you take it to any FORD for service. I can't part with mine, it is like a best friend, awesome SUV!!!

Quite proud of it

Met my needs and is AWD, so I have the confidence to drive with whatever the roads present. Last week we had to cross an area with floods. Yes, we know we shouldn't have done it, but we waited for all the smaller cars to cross, and all went well.

Drives fast, smooth, and comfortable!

This is my favorite car I every owned! If I do not sell will just have to keep! In great condition and new tires. This vehicle is loaded and leather heated seats, nice stereo!

1.0

Can?t stand this vehicle

This is the worst car I have ever owned I won?t ever recommend any one this car it?s horrible and even looks horrible can?t stand this car!!!

Loved my Mountaineer?

I loved the 3rd row seats. I loved the AWD. The heated seats were very nice. The power moon roof is a must. I would recommend this car to a growing family.

2006 Mercury Mountaineer AWD Luxury 4.0L

This car meet all my needs, its a beautiful car and comfortable, its luxury car, its very good for family , I love this car

Amazing car for just about anything

I bought my 06' mountaineer In 2017 with 122,000 miles. The car for the age and mileage has held up amazingly! Nothing had fallen apart or looks warn by any means. The interior is nice and still for being older very luxurious! Only issues I've had is the lights on the radio went out so got a new Bluetooth touch screen installed for relatively cheap find it a nice upgrade. Biggest and only issue and problem that I have with the car is that for s refuses to put the exhaust manifold on the recall or anything at all knowing that they have huge amounts of issues with the 4.6l and even the 5.4l in there cars and trucks having leaks and having to be replaced which is not the cheapest of things ( especially if your bolts strip out). But none the less driven it in 1.5ft of snow at 12,500ft elevation with no issues drives amazing I find the ride comfortable and had plunty of hourse power even up the steepest of mountain passes here in Colorado. The off rode isn't the best do the fact it's not 4wd and it's awd but yet haven't had any issues with it and have gone threw some ruff Terrain. All I all the best vehicle ive bought especially for the price!! If say it's been just as reliable and almost as good in off road/4wd situations I've been in personally with it as my '04 4runner v8 with more power and room!