1995 Sable

$49 - $4,121  MSRP Range
1995 Mercury Sable

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 1995 Mercury Sable?

I will always love you, '95 Sable

by SableFan from Rockford, IL on Sat Jul 14 2012

I purchased a '95 (champagne/beige) Mercury Sable in 2001 from a "buy here/pay here" in my hometown. It had around 52,000 miles, one previous owner, and a car phone (remember those?). I owned this car until 2007; it had about 114,000 miles on it then. I took the car phone out. Let's see, I replaced the front/rear brakes once, a tire, the radiator, a starter, and a water pump. Oh, and the air filter and the spark plugs. Once. Same with the wiper blades. I'm not gonna lie, I think I only did, like, 3 or 4 oil changes on it in 6 YEARS and the car ran BEAUTIFULLY. All of that work I mentioned above was spaced over the 6 years I owned it and altogether cost less than $1000. So why did I get rid of it? I didn't. It was in a rear-end collision that smashed it between two cars. It was a gold accordion after that. This car is a workhorse and a half. I abused it greatly and it kept running. I mean, I can not stress how much I didn't take care of this car, yet it always got me where I needed to go. The one and only time it didn't start was when the starter went out. Had a friend take it off, took it to a little shop that rebuilt parts, the dude put the new brushes in it or whatever. 18 bucks. I would still be driving that car if it hadn't been in an accident. Amazing car. Getting a little misty just thinking about it. If you're questioning buying this car (at this point, I mean, they are starting to get up there in age) for in-town driving or for a new driver, I say go for it. It's even okay on gas mileage! Good luck and I hope you'll love your Sable as much as I did!

Stylish American Classic

by JeDeHa from Smyrna, GA on Wed Mar 15 2017

The vehicle had a very nice design; far ahead of its time. It was comfortable, and came with some unexpected amentities like passenger airbags and power adjustable seats and mirrors.

Does not recommend this car!!

I've owned a Mercury Sable LS for over 10 years!

by Cruiser Owner from Phoenix, Arizona on Sat May 20 2017

Sable LS had 103,000 mi when I got it. Put 85,000 on it-STRONG engine & transmisson! BEST, MOST RELIABLE car I've EVER had! All I do is change oil every 3,000 miles.

It's okay for a '95.

by SableGuy from Eden Prairie, MN on Fri Jul 08 2011

It's almost 17 years old. What can I say. My Sable has held up well over the years. It has little rust, and it's been very reliable. As for performance, the sable is underpowered for such a large car. Acceleration is tepid, but handeling is surprisingly good. The Sable is easy to manuver in tight spaces. Even the base GS model has all the necessary features such as power locks, windows, and seats. The Sable's biggest problem is its exterior and interior styling. It definatly has not stood the test of time. The Sable looks very outdated. I'm a fan of the front headlights, but I could do without the dark green interior. The radio controls are mounted far too low for operation while driving. I especially don't care for the front bench seating and the steering column shifter. That remindes me, the transmission is not the smoothest operating piece of machinery. Just moving from park to reverse results in a loud clunking noise accompained by a brief shutter. The same can be said about shifting from park to drive or drive to park. Fuel economy is also not great. I average about 17 mpg with the 3.0L V6. Overall, styling and performance are not so good. The Mercury Sable's only redeeming qualities are comfort and reliablity.

Does not recommend this car!!

I Dig this Car

by Bigtime from Chaska, MN on Mon Jul 11 2011

I purchased my Sable brand spankin' new in '95. Still runs great. It still looks futuristic after all these years.