1998 Mercury Sable

I love this car.

by from Philadelphia Area, PA on February 19, 2007

I bought this car off lease in 2000 with 33,000 miles on it. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but it does have the basics (power windows/locks, remote entry, cruise, power drivers seat, etc). It now has ovr 207,000 miles and the only big repairs have been an alternator in 2005 and recently (2007) the water pump. This car is very comfortable. It has great sight lines and handles well. The base model V-6 isn't over powering but is plenty strong. My only glitch has been the door switch on the drivers side. Every other year I have to replace it. It's a $10 part but just a little nuisance.

Most reliable car i've ever owned

by from New York, NY on July 15, 2009

I can honestly say this is the best car I have ever owned. It is powerful, and I have never had any problems with it. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Best car I have ever owned

by from Allentown, PA on April 4, 2012

This vehicle has been the most comfortable and reliable vehicle I have ever purchased. Bought it used in 2000 and never regretted it. Hope to hold on to it for several more years. Lots of power. Take it to a mechanic you trust for inspection or repairs, better yet, you can fix more than you think on this car.

good first car

by from Lafayette, IN on July 16, 2008

I purchased a 98 mercury sable a year ago for 2500$. Since then I have put about 2000$ more into it. It has needed a new alternator, power steering pump, starter, computer, and a new engine. It has almost 140,000 miles on it and gets me from A to B (sometimes). I would recommend this car for a first car because you get to learn how to fix things a lot, but after you get it running it has a lot of power and great handling.

Best car I've owned

by from Palatka, fl on August 5, 2017

Great car very dependable and everything still works 62k miles. Only thing replaced was fuel pump. Love it

Our Expert Review: 1998 Mercury Sable