2000 Sable

2000 Mercury Sable

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have you driven the 2000 Mercury Sable?

Fantastic Car

by Sus from San Antonio on Thu Sep 27 2012

I've had my sable for about 5 or 6 years! I bought it from a very nice "little old lady" friend! The car has been a dream. It has power, it drives beautifully and it has saved me more than once! I just put new tires on it, drives so well, I also love the stereo, cd player and the roomy trunk!

Very Reliable

by Family Car from Medina, OH. on Sat Oct 26 2013

The Mercury Sable LS 2000 which I owned was the best car I had ever owned. It ran smoothly, great on gas on the freeway and the city. When buying a car, I would suggest to drive it, check it out, get a car fax on it before considering to purchase it. This way you will have all the information in front of you.

ON ITS SECOND LIFE

by DOC from DAYTON, OHIO on Sat Nov 14 2009

BOUGHT IT NEW. NOW HAS 125,000 MI. HAVE REPLACED FRONT AND REAR STRUTS, BRAKES, REAR COIL SPRINGS(FACTORY RECALL) ORIGINALLY HAD CONTINENTIAL TIRES - TERRIBLE IN RAIN, REPLACED WITH YOKAHAMA - GOOD WEARING TIRE, GOOD HANDLING, SIDE WALLS CRACKED, REPLACED WITH BRIDGESTONE RE960AS - BEST TIRES I HAVE EVER HAD. NO RUST ON CAR, FUN TO DRIVE UNLESS YOU ARE OVER SIX FOOT.

Excellent Value

by Ford Believer from Chandler AZ on Sat Oct 30 2010

I preferred German made cars but purchased a 2000 Sable with 60k miles on it for a great price. I've owned the car for 8yrs and it looks like a 2yr old car - excellent condition in and out. I enjoy the ride and have never had any major problems with this car. The car now has 125k miles and is running as good as ever (commute 70 miles a day with it). My only issue was enging pinging under strong load/acceleration...but I put in 89 oct and it is not a problem. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone.

most greates car i have ever owned by far!!

by super dynamic vehicle, highly reccomend!! from on Tue Apr 09 2013

wonderful vehicle, would not trade for the world, hita deer with mine and totalled it, now searching for another one asap, any help out there? thanks!!

Excellent product

by Engineer from Landing NJ on Mon Jun 21 2010

I needed a vehicle in a hurry; bought used Sable with clear mind that I may be taking a chance and had no time search etc. The product has surprised me; excellent product; all the features one needs and reliability of the car has proved to me that Mercury line for Ford is excellent product and Ford can compete, based on product performance and value with ANY car manufacturer. When I bought the car, it had 56K miles and paid 6K.

Very good car!

by American Car Fan from Fort Wayne, IN on Wed Jan 31 2007

I bought this car new in 2000. I fell in love with the car when I first saw this new body style and decided to buy it. It has been very reliable and in the shop only 3 times for minor repairs over the past 7 years and the other times were Ford recalls. The only thing I wished Mercury would have done was added a few more luxury items to the Sable, such as heated/cooled seats, memory seat/mirrors, disc rear brakes, etc. I've owned small to large cars in all the big 3 American car families. They've all performed well, but I feel the Sable has really given us the best value for our money.

very reliable basic transportation

by 55 and aging from missouri on Thu Jan 11 2007

Good car, very little repairs required, never failed to start or run, very good gas mileage for a 3 litre 6, 20 in city, 28 on road. quiet, smooth, but rides unusually rough, sits too low making it difficult to get in and out of for a 50 plus person. Trading for a small SUV due to that issue. Still a good car at 93k miles, likely to last 100k more.

Not the best, not the worst.

by christadee from raleigh, nc on Thu Jun 29 2017

It is an older vehicle, but it seems like one thing after another breaks on this car. The gas mileage really isn't good at all. Not a good car for commuting. It is very spacious and has good storage though! All in all, it gets me from point A to point B, but isn't the greatest!

Does not recommend this car!!

great car

by azrof2 from Michigan on Sun Mar 18 2012

I love my sable. I have over 100k miles on it and it runs well. The starter was recently replaced. The motor makes enough power for a car of its size. the interior is comfortable and I like the large center console. I only have one complaint about this car, the wind noise. Its kind of loud compared to most other cars I have been in. So when the wind noise starts to bother me I turn up the radio, which sounds nice for a stock radio from 2000. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a nice and reliable midsize car.

1 2

Our Take on the 2000 Mercury Sable

Mercury Sable has returned to the mainstream, back from a poorly conceived trip to the stylistic edge.

Too round, too weird, too drooping in the rear, and too many ovals, said the generally conservative buyers of Sable and its corporate twin, Ford Taurus, when the redesigned sedans appeared in 1997. Sales didn't exactly tank, but they did wilt.

Now, the looks of both Taurus and Sable have been tamed, losing individuality but becoming more palatable as mass-market automobiles.

Gone are the ovoid features that distinguished the pair. The only recognizable pieces remaining are the basic roofline and concave shape along the sides. Sable's sloping rear deck and narrow taillights have given way... Read More